Gypsy Fortune Telling Tarot Cards - Buckland

rhombchick

I've just bought a pack of these, but am having trouble finding any pictures of the cards.

Here is the amazon link....

There have been a couple of threads started on this pack, but all of them seem to end up talking about the Buckland Romani Deck, which this is not. Same artist, different deck.

There is also a third deck in a blue box that may or may not be the same thing.

Does anyone have this black box deck?
Are they playing card style?
Anyone know where I can find some pictures? (I had no luck on tarot garden either)

I am just wondering what to expect. I probably should have done more research before hand, but it was an auction and time was running out. It is coming from overseas so I have a long wait before I find out what they are like. Any information would be appreciated :D

*continues googling*

Chronata

hmmmm...that is curious...

I had the Buckland Domino Divination deck...and one of the cards looked like it had that same gypsy vardo illustration on it.

The domino cards just had spots and a few words written on each...with maybe 5 or 6 cards that had pictures on them.

I wonder if this isn't the same deck, only redressed in a snazzy box?

Edited to add...I seem to remember one other Buckland oracle I had early on...with a kind of Lenormand/gypsy witch vibe to the cards.

This might be that one.

I will try and research for you!

Blithildis

here

With a few pics at the bottom.
Looks very interesting, I'm into playing cards lately...

Allerbest
~Blithildis~

rhombchick

Blithildis said:
here

With a few pics at the bottom.
Looks very interesting, I'm into playing cards lately...

Allerbest
~Blithildis~

Yep, they're the blue box ones, that I wasn't sure if they were the same as the black box or not.
These ones are called gypsy fortuneteller and the black box ones are actually have 'tarot' in the title.
It will be interesting to see if they're the same or not.

kittiann

I believe the difference is that one edition has 74 cards (22 "major arcana", and 52 playing cards) and another edition, probably the one called tarot, has 78 cards (the same 22 pseudo-major arcana and 52 playing cards, plus an extra court card called the 'knight', presumably to make it more in-line with tarot decks).

Lee

It's the same deck. I have these, in the black box. I think kititiann is right, the black box ones have 78 cards. (I have them but I'm away from home so can't reference them.)

rhombchick

Oh!
Ok.
Awesome.
Thanks for your help! Sounds interesting.
This will be my first foray into playing card style cards.