Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Train pub (J) Tooot toot. Feb 11.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Moderation

The crowned one 
Train pub (J) Tooot toot. Feb 11.

WE know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion
HISTORY OF THE TRADE TRAINS:
If you haven't ridden a train yet, the best way to get a sense of how fun and crazy it can be is to look at some of our past adventures... Check it!

REGULAR TRAINS:
Trade Train #1
Trade Train #2
Trade Train #3
Trade Train #4: The Halloween Mystery Train! (Curse of the Misfortune Teller)
Trade Train #5
Trade Train #6
Trade Train #7
Trade Train #8
Trade Train #9
Trade Train #10
Trade Train #11

BULLET TRAINS:
Bullet Train #1
Bullet Train #2
Bullet Train #3
Bullet Train #4
Bullet Train #5

Old Housecleaning threads:
TCO's original planning thread that started it all.
Pre Train III chat
Halloween pre mystery train IV chat
Pre-Bullet and Train 7 Chat
Trade Train IX Signup & Chat
Yet another classic poster for our walls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion
The rules follow below; just look them over and feel free to ask if you have any questions. At the request of several people, I've included short and long versions of the guidelines.... if you do decide to join us, and you aren't clear about something, please take a moment to read the longer rules below the yellow soundbites below.

SHORT RULES:
The Trade train is a fast, fun game that allows you to trade a deck you don't need for a deck you do by setting up a series of Stations at which Tarot decks are offered and chosen.
  • Each player is a "Station" we will visit on the trip for a set period of time, according to a randomly assigned order.
  • You may choose your deck at any time.
  • First player to choose a deck at a Station moves us to the next Station.
  • For Regular trade trains, the Station order is determined by preassigned random order.
  • For Bullet trade trains, the person who chooses a deck immediately becomes the next station to offer.
  • You will only offer when we reach your "Station."
  • Any kind of deck is fair game.
  • Riders may join the Regular Train during the ride (until the last 3 stations), but will not pick til the next offering/Station. Bullet Trains are locked down before departure.
  • You must complete a trade to keep your chosen deck.
  • Everyone who trades a deck will pick a deck. It's a win/win.
  • Each player must have fun.
It is that easy. As others can attest, these trains are fun, hilarious, and exciting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LONG RULES:
ITINERARY: From the sign up list of riders, we will generate a random order of Stations. This itinerary will determine the order in which you will post your decks to trade. But you can CHOOSE at any time. This itinerary will be posted at the top of the thread along with a record all of the completed trades...

SPEED OF THE TRAIN: We spend 24 hours maximum at each station (i.e. person listing decks) before moving on to the next station. If/when someone picks a deck, the next person/station can list as fast as they want. So you have to stay on your toes and in theory we could go through the whole train in an afternoon.

OFFERING DECKS: You may list as many as you like, but but will only trade one. Everyone who trades a deck will get to choose a deck. Any type of deck is suitable: Majors-only, Pip decks, Oracles, Sets, along with full 78 card decks are welcome. You may change your decks as often and as fast as you like while the train is at your station. And remember, offering a better selection encourages every station to offer a better selection themselves to insure they'll place a deck. It's a win/win!

SELECTING A DECK: You can choose your deck at any time from any rider, but once you have chosen you may not choose again. If you choose a deck you must trade a deck to close your deal. This is a chance to expand our horizons for the cost of post.

NO TAKERS?: Feel free to tweak your offerings during the allotted hours of your station. If no one chooses any of your decks within the alotted hrs the train moves on to the next person/station below you on the itinerary. You will have a chance to list new trades later as when the list reaches the bottom it will go through a second time, starting at the top with the first person who has not had a deck picked from his list.

KEEPING IT FRESH / KEEPING IT NEW: Remember: the quality of each offering dictates the quality of every other trade... The train is only as snazzy as we make it. In order to keep the landscape surprising and to insure the train moves at a reasonable speed, please board the train ready to shake up your offerings. If there are no takers within the first 6 hours, consider changing your offerings. We encourage everyone to list at least 2 decks that are not repeats from the previous train. If a deck has not found a home on the previous train(s), its likely that people already own it or don't care to. If you list an offering identical to the previous train, and a trade is not made, we will move on after 12 hrs.

UNCOMPLETED TRADES: What If someone picks a deck, but the person that listed their choice fails to choose a deck for themselves? Unfortunately then the person that picked that deck would lose that deck. This sure will add some butterfly style excitement. At this point that person that lost their first choice would have a opportunity to re-choose in the second go-a-round.

FINISHING YOUR RIDE: After you have listed, traded away a deck, and accepted a deck you are off the train, but feel free to participate in the chatter. After you finish a trade please leave your decks posted for at least another 24 hrs so all those aboard can browse what they missed...

END OF THE LINE: No decks will be sent until all trades in the chain are complete or the train finishes two laps. This insures no one will be left out and also gives train members something to look forward to/worry about in the days ahead.

TALK: In-game chatter is highly encouraged!

YOU CAN'T LOSE!: You only give a deck if you get one. If after the second round you have not managed a trade you are off of the train, nothing lost or gained, unless you accepted a deck, you would lose that, And that train member would re-list.

JOINING THE TRAIN: You can sign up starting now. Also, anyone may join the Train at any time before the train reaches the THIRD TO LAST person of the FIRST ROUND. Then the train closes: no more tickets.

~~~~~

The internal workings for those who care: The itinerary of offerings will be randomized blindly. I've asked another rider to send me a mixed list of numbers equal to the number of people on the train.

Even more boring internal workings: With just 20 riders we have 1 048 576 combination's of deck combination's in all at just one deck. With a average of 3 or 4 decks being listed each the number is huge. To be in matched pairs takes it to 190 opportunities. SO with just 20 players we have collectively 190 opportunities to make a trade, imagine the numbers as we add cars to this train
It is going to be a pre Valentines train FEB 11 2012

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,034
User Name Posts
Stormdancer 215
yirabeth 131
emmsma 94
cardlady22 87
PathWalker 80
NorthernTigress 67
Penthasilia 58
Wendywu 49
jcwirish 43
kaleanna 30
BlueDragonfly 29
Lutestring 28
laura_borealis 23
Est 16
Flaxen 16
Queen of Disks 12
Mellaenn 11
EllieP 8
Aulruna 7
Jesii 7
Kreative-Dragon 7
Eyebright 5
Shalyn 4
Oink 3
Rhinemaiden 2
The crowned one 2

My impression/interpretation of Katsushika Hokusai.
Top   #1
Citizen

yirabeth 

Free audio booksite is : http://librivox.org Lots there, I'm sure Mr. Wu's gonna love it♥

So, worrying about too much space on the bookshelves was just a WEE bit premature... Turns out the bookshelves in my bedroom are wider than the ones in the living room. So, 3 bookshelves worth of books and decks in my room translated into 4 bookshelves of decks and books in my living room... That, and stuffing books I don't need so much (not tarot) behind books I do! (they're very wide shelves)
Top   #2
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

That is purely beautiful TCO. Thank you

Quote:
Hey Yira - where is that free audio book site please? Himself likes being read to, and we dug out his old MP3 player
In case you didn't see it before lightning struck the pub!
Top   #3
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yirabeth View Post
Free audio booksite is : http://librivox.org Lots there, I'm sure Mr. Wu's gonna love it♥

I'm sure he will . Thank you!!
Top   #4
Citizen

yirabeth 

What an awesome photo TCO!♥

(Sorry, last pub DIED on me mid post so I copy/pasted it here and didn't notice the beauty at first lol)
Top   #5
Citizen

Penthasilia 

Yayyy- new pub
Top   #6
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 

Beautiful wave photo!
Top   #7
Citizen

Queen of Disks 

hello, day off, How is everyone?
Top   #8
Citizen

yirabeth 

Hey Pen and QoD

Here's my nicely arranged shelves. Notice you CANNOT see my desk in this picture (just to the left of there -- the tarot books are at arm level when I'm sitting in my desk chair) It's still completely covered with..stuff.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/o...aneous/009.jpg

I can see if I get too many more decks, the books will just have to go...
Top   #9
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 

It looks very nice, yira! Inspiring

I have just trimmed Max's claws. She didn't put up much resistance. We have a method... trim a claw, pet and praise the kitty. Trim a claw, pet and praise the kitty. Got down to the last one and she said "We're done." 9 out of 10 isn't bad. After a bit I checked that last claw, and it didn't even need trimming -- it was still blunt from her last trim.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.