Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Christmas pub 2

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiska View Post
They got some cool stuff at Costco - I wonder who's gonna get this for Christmas??
Geez, if someone is going to buy me a 100k ring, it better not be from Costco! Tiffany's is acceptable, thank you very much.
Top   #141
Embrace your inner squirrel.

Chiska 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
My dad's house was broken into a few days ago. My stepmother was there, but fortunately ran out the back door. the guy took ALL of her jewelry, including her wedding ring, her grandmother's jewelry, and the special necklace my dad bought her when my stepbrother died, but she did not get hurt. So scary! The guy banged on the door and then decided to break it down. They are now getting metal doors and security doors put on every entrance.

My dad didn't bother to call and tell me this. I heard it from my brother who only heard it because he called them about seeing them at Christmas. My dad gets nervous talking about stuff like this, and just tries to downplay everything.
Damn, Jo!! That is scary.
Top   #142
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Damn, Jo!! That is scary.
I know! I'm so proud of my stepmom for getting the hell out of there. She was smart about it and got to the neighbors. They live sort of in the country, so she had to take a bit of a jog, but she got there and they called the sheriff. They got a description of the guy and his car, but I don't think they got a license plate number.
Top   #143
Embrace your inner squirrel.

Chiska 

Quote:
Geez, if someone is going to buy me a 100k ring, it better not be from Costco! Tiffany's is acceptable, thank you very much.
Yeah, but it is worth 153k, so that is a pretty good deal.

I would take a Costco 100k ring. Of course, I'd never wear it. I don't wear my little diamonds, so why would I wear that big honking thing??

I do have two lovely rings. My first wedding ring was remade after Bobby died - the 1/2 carat diamond is slightly off center with two VERY old Thai rubies on each side. There is also a Black Hills gold leaf. It looks like a flower. Black Hills gold was his favorite. The rubies belonged to his first wife, who died when she was quite young. It is a size 5, but now that I have lost all that weight, I can probably wear it again! My original wedding ring was a size 4.5. I don't think I will ever be able to wear that again, though!
Top   #144
Citizen

baylys 

Quote:
My dad's house was broken into a few days ago. My stepmother was there, but fortunately ran out the back door. the guy took ALL of her jewelry, including her wedding ring, her grandmother's jewelry, and the special necklace my dad bought her when my stepbrother died, but she did not get hurt. So scary! The guy banged on the door and then decided to break it down. They are now getting metal doors and security doors put on every entrance.

My dad didn't bother to call and tell me this. I heard it from my brother who only heard it because he called them about seeing them at Christmas. My dad gets nervous talking about stuff like this, and just tries to downplay everything.
Geez! That's so unfair. Hope they recover ok.
Top   #145
Citizen

baylys 

Quote:
They got some cool stuff at Costco - I wonder who's gonna get this for Christmas??
Now if that was a sapphire, I am definitely in for it!!! Not a diamond fan AT ALL!!!
Top   #146
Moderation

The crowned one 

Insured I would guess with that sort of jewelry not in a safety-deposit box?

Glad your Step-Mom was fine.
Top   #147
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Yeah, but it is worth 153k, so that is a pretty good deal.

I would take a Costco 100k ring. Of course, I'd never wear it. I don't wear my little diamonds, so why would I wear that big honking thing??

I do have two lovely rings. My first wedding ring was remade after Bobby died - the 1/2 carat diamond is slightly off center with two VERY old Thai rubies on each side. There is also a Black Hills gold leaf. It looks like a flower. Black Hills gold was his favorite. The rubies belonged to his first wife, who died when she was quite young. It is a size 5, but now that I have lost all that weight, I can probably wear it again! My original wedding ring was a size 4.5. I don't think I will ever be able to wear that again, though!
It just seems silly to spend that much on something that is mass produced and not unique. I'd rather have a one of a kind ring for 10k than a Costco ring for 100k. Well, I'd rather spend 10k traveling across Europe, so maybe I'm not that into jewelry. I think I'd rather have those lovely rubies you wrote about too. I'm going off on tangents here. Never mind. Ignore me.
Top   #148
Citizen

Stormdancer 

Quote:
Holy SHIT!!!!

Where is he???? I am SO glad step MOM is ok....OMG
I'm speechless....

uh...and DAD's don't want us to WORRY.......annoying as HELL!!!
Top   #149
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The crowned one View Post
Insured I would guess with that sort of jewelry not in a safety-deposit box?

Glad your Step-Mom was fine.
Yeah, they have insurance, but it was the sentimental value of some of the items that can't be replaced. I think they assumed they were safe out in the country. They've been there for 26 years. They guy took some medications too, so I think they're dealing with a junkie who was desperate. It's weird. They are really off the beaten track a bit. It's just so random.
Top   #150

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.