Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

I am waffling on it. Of course there is the scarf. On one hand the deck seems like something I should have. However when I realized that I would actually be way more excited if somebody made Tarot of Pittsburgh, it made me think about it a lot. Clearly it hasn't spoken to me all these years.

Diana
Top   #241
Resident

athenafletcher 

I ordered the LE, standard, companion book and a Queen of Cups drawstring bag. I didn't plan on getting any bags but once I saw what they're offering, I didn't even think twice before adding it to my cart. I can't wait to see the actual cards because wow, that Queen of Cups is simply gorgeous.

I only discovered MRP decks last year so I'm glad I didn't have to wait 12 years for it to be reprinted.
Top   #242
Citizen

Nica 

Very excited about seeing these cards brought to life again. The cold metallic ink is going to really add to them. I always felt like this deck had life to it even with all the statues. Now it will have more!

Ended up grabbing the Moon bag. I had one of the old Queen of Cups bags from their first published deck.
Top   #243
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

There is a picture of THE SCARF on FB. I was just trying to find all these wonderful bags.

Diana
Top   #244
Citizen

FLizarraga 

I still can't get over this thread's bizarre obsession with that scarf....
Top   #245
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I still can't get over this thread's bizarre obsession with that scarf....
I think it's quite innovative. I suppose we're subconsciusly supposed to think of it as a reading cloth. Or rather, I thought that until I saw pictures - it looks too busy for reading on. Nice though. Who else has included scarves? *racking brains*
Top   #246
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
I think it's quite innovative. I suppose we're subconsciusly supposed to think of it as a reading cloth. Or rather, I thought that until I saw pictures - it looks too busy for reading on. Nice though. Who else has included scarves? *racking brains*
Now if they had included a corset, that would be innovative

Most just don't make scarves but they do. They did say they hoped it would be worn (somewhere in there).

Diana
Top   #247
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
Well, I thought it was a nice extra. Then some started going up in arms about it, saying that they didn't want to be charged for a scarf --which I don't think they are-- and then the whole thing took a turn for the bizarre....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintlyMacabre View Post
Now if they had included a corset, that would be innovative

Most just don't make scarves but they do. They did say they hoped it would be worn (somewhere in there).
A corset? Are they including a CORSET?

Oh, a worn scarf. But wouldn't that be called an 'antique' scarf?
Top   #248
sporadic magic

Debra 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
... some started going up in arms about it, saying that they didn't want to be charged for a scarf --which I don't think they are--
You don't believe the cost of the scarf is factored into the overall price for this thing?

Top   #249
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
You don't believe the cost of the scarf is factored into the overall price for this thing?

I wouldn't put it that way. Their silk scarves are quite costly, and the large format Prague Tarot is actually about $40 cheaper than the large format Alice (which came with a pouch, according to their website; I have not seen it up close). It's like the "extra" in there.

I have been one of the first in criticizing Baba's move toward the higher end and their lack of current middle-of-the-road options, but I don't think they are factoring the full cost of one of their silk scarves in there. It's more the whole luxury package.
Top   #250

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.