Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Aeclectic Says Goodbye

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Resident

wiings 
A lurker's farewell

While never truly a member of this community I've been visiting this site since I was a teenager and still living at my parents' house. Now I have my own house and my own teenager and I am sad thinking about how much time has passed and how all things must end, even this. A staple with my morning coffee or a sleepless night.

Somehow it never occurred to me that these purple pages could be anything but infinite. In posts I've discovered many favorite decks all while on an endless quest to find that perfect one which may or may not exist. I've been amazed at the ability to identify a deck from a single image and sometimes from just a few words. I discovered independently published decks and learned of second chances on ones previously oop. I've loved knowing what the postman is bringing to you so much so that he regularly ends up at my doorstep too. And sometimes I've just been in awe of how a card is interpreted, because of the profound insight and because your words are often as beautiful as the cards themselves.

My account is not very old and my posts are very few but like the cards AT is far more than meets the eye and has a far greater reach than I think any of us can imagine. I will truly and dearly miss this place.

Hello. Goodbye. And most of all, thank you.
Top   #131
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
wiings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiings View Post
While never truly a member of this community I've been visiting this site since I was a teenager and still living at my parents' house. Now I have my own house and my own teenager and I am sad thinking about how much time has passed and how all things must end, even this. A staple with my morning coffee or a sleepless night.

Somehow it never occurred to me that these purple pages could be anything but infinite. In posts I've discovered many favorite decks all while on an endless quest to find that perfect one which may or may not exist. I've been amazed at the ability to identify a deck from a single image and sometimes from just a few words. I discovered independently published decks and learned of second chances on ones previously oop. I've loved knowing what the postman is bringing to you so much so that he regularly ends up at my doorstep too. And sometimes I've just been in awe of how a card is interpreted, because of the profound insight and because your words are often as beautiful as the cards themselves.

My account is not very old and my posts are very few but like the cards AT is far more than meets the eye and has a far greater reach than I think any of us can imagine. I will truly and dearly miss this place.

What a beautiful post! {{{BIG HUGS}}

I think that we were all very shocked by solandia/kate's announcement. I think we just all assumed that AT would be forever here.

You are as much a part of AT as the ones posting. You kept reading and we hope that you keep learning and growing. There are a lot of other boards popping up, so even though one door is closing... there are many opening up. It didn't use to be that way. There was only one place to go, but because of this community.. other Tarot & Divination Forums are now popping up more across the internet to choose from, to grow with. I hope that AT was just the beginning for you and not the end.

I am so thankful for AT, but I am also thankful for all the members who have started their brand new forums. Some will be like AT and some won't. For me, it is time to close one chapter in my life {Tarot only} and open up to brand new ones. {Other types of divination}.

I hope that you will join one of the new forums or find a new home. I hope that you will participate and really get the feel of a community. There are so many now and that makes me so very happy!

I'm currently at http://mysticreadings.boards.net/

I hope that you will check out that forum and the others listed in the Master thread.

Brightest Blessings to you! I wish you the very best as you find your new forum home. Don't be shy when you get there as you have so much to offer as well. Let us get a chance to know you better! {{BIG HUGS}}

HUGS,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #132
Citizen

Hathor 

Quote:

Wiings, I got misty eyed and choked up while reading your eloquent and heartfelt words. I, as many others relate very well to everything you wrote. I lurked here more than I posted, but AT became a part of my everyday life. It's an old, wise, faithful friend. Always there when you needed her, ready to impart an abundance of knowledge, experience and comfort.

You were and are just as much a part of this wonderful forum as all of our other friends, and I do wish you register with one or more of the other forums as mentioned in other threads.

I hope to see you there

Blessings,
Hathor
Top   #133
Citizen

Miss Divine 

Quote:

Hi Wiings!

What a lovely heartfelt post. I loved reading it. I hope you sign up and join us on the other forums.

Yes, I always thought these purple pages would be here forever. ~Sigh~

Take care and hope to see you around!
Top   #134
CLARIFIER OF LIGHT

HOLMES 
this be my finale goodbye

when I joined here , I was 27, I had only practiced reading the tarot for friends.
and I only studied spirituality here and there.
through this forum I traveled far in spirituality, and I like to think that I became a decent reader who was able to make some extra moolah on the side due to the practice I was able to do here.
it was more then practice though.. it was an adventure for I felt like I was able to touch some people hearts.

the forum was here to help me with my brother passing,, and the hard passing of my little niece last year, i actually never thought i would need to ask for prayers after my brother passed but it happened so i am thankful for the support.

over the years my health has declined a bit,, being morbidly obese of 490 pounds for years. that i wish i could of done more ,, like complete some studies, or write that book ideas i had over the years.
perhaps with the forum down,, the only recourse might be to write lol .

i used to look forward to the birthday card i would get from solandia,,and the birthday message..
and i was out of the loops actually this spring to the anniversary message i got from a friend to check the thread got me back into the forum.
gee imagine that 15 years at a place is a long time.

i guess the main thing is i am thankful, for meeting some great clients, and friends.
well goodbye guys. there will be other places , other groups for us to hang out if we meet up.
keep the peace peeps!!
Top   #135
"and you can't make me..."

VGimlet 

(((Holmes)))

Happy journeys, my friend, I'll see you elsewhere.
Top   #136
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
HOLMES

{{{{BIG HUGS}}}

You are always a cheerful and helpful spirit. I enjoyed our chats and all the info that you shared with me over the years. I had been off of AT since 2014, but recently came back.

I am so sorry about your brother and little niece. {{HUGS}}

I wish you the very best in whatever path you choose! I hope that you make time to write that book as you have much to share!

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #137
Senior Citizen

Astraea 

God bless you, Holmes.
Top   #138
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
It's almost closing time.... :(

Thank you to everyone, past & present, who helped me along the way. Thank you for the Reading Exchanges, The Reading Circles, The Feedback, the Trade Trains, Yule/Christmas Card Exchanges, trading tarot decks and everything in between! Thank you to the friends that I have made and continue to stay in contact with. Thank you for being a place for people who don't have anyone to share the love of Tarot with. Or anyone to ask "What does this mean?". Or .. "Have you seen this deck?" It just isn't the same when you get the awesome sought after deck and no one in the house understands your screams of excitement at it's arrival. {So, thanks for the "What's the Postman bringing you?" threads! Just simply THANK YOU!

This Forum has meant the world to me. More than I realized and more than I can say. It gave me a place to learn Tarot. To be with like-minded people and to do reading exchanges with someone other than myself.

It also made me not feel so alone when some of the worst things in my life happened. I didn't really tell a lot of people, but coming here to stability when my world sometimes felt like it was falling down. I thank you as some of you guys don't really know how sweet & thoughtful your kindness meant. Even when I wasn't so sweet myself.

I wish each one of you the very best in whatever paths that you take. I hope to see many of you again on the other forums. I have signed up for Cartomancy and Mystic Readings. I may join others as time goes along and I learn about them.

I've decided that I don't want to say goodbye. So instead, I will say.. until we meet again! {{HUGS}}

Brightest Blessings & Big Hugs to each of you!
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #139
The last in line

Disa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post

It also made me not feel so alone when some of the worst things in my life happened. I didn't really tell a lot of people, but coming here to stability when my world sometimes felt like it was falling down. I thank you as some of you guys don't really know how sweet & thoughtful your kindness meant. Even when I wasn't so sweet myself.

I've decided that I don't want to say goodbye. So instead, I will say.. until we meet again! {{HUGS}}

Brightest Blessings & Big Hugs to each of you!
BeyondtheVeil
All of your post is such a nice sentiment. I quoted this part because I do know just what you mean. I have suffered a lot of loss over my years here, much of it I did not discuss, Being here was definitely a source of strength, stability, and the inspiration to keep going in an otherwise chaotic time.

I'll see you somewhere...out there xoxox

Brightest Blessings, to you.

D~
Top   #140

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.