Nostradamus Oracle from Germany

karen0205

Title on box: Die Sibille Des Nostradamus Oder
Das Nostradamus Orakel
It seems to be the book and the cards.
it says OVP after the title, does that mean it's out of print in German or something? Sorry, I have no idea how to read German and there's so much on this website it would take forever to translate it on line word by word.

Anyone know anything about this deck? I can't find out if the cards are available in English or who the publisher is. I know it has 30 cards.

I'm thinking of getting it and thought I would ask if anyone here knows anything before I decide.
Thanks!

karen

Liralen

Hi Karen, I don't know anything about the oracle, but I looked at amazon.de and it says that it isn't out of print. Unfortunately there isn't any additional information.

What website did you find it on, maybe I could look at it for you?

karen0205

Thanks Bodhran,
That is the Nostradamus deck from Lo Scarabeo. I just bought that at my local tarot store. The one that I found is on e-bay and it's from Germany. It's only 30 cards. Sort of like a lenormand deck except they used Nostradamus info for it. The seller doesn't speak english so I figured someone on here might be from Germany and be able to tell me more about them. There's a picture of the box but it doesn't have much info on it. Here's some pictures:

Attachments

• Nostradamus orakel.jpg
    Nostradamus orakel.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 145

BodhiSeed

Okay, I think THIS one might be it :D:
http://www.tarotwelten.de/ndamus.htm

A partially translated page (compliments of Babel fish) from here:
http://www.schors.nl/iris/buecher/sibil835.html

A fantasievolles to get historical Orakel, which makes it easy for you, insight into past, present and future. The symbols of the maps agrees with the symbolism of normal spielkarten and on the other hand with the traditional true legend maps. Originally these maps originate from the Renaissance, the time from Dante Alighieri, Giordano Bruno and Nostradamus. The symbols shown here however are much older and often rise from the mythology of the Greeks and Romans. In that time there was the so-called Sibillen - which high priest inside or Orakelfrauen - with those the keys to the okkulten and esoterischen knowledge lay. The Nostradamus Orakel combines these antique traditions with that one the Renaissance own view of the people its and the insights of modern humans. In this kind a Orakel developed, which answers a broad scale of questions in simple and creative way.

Bodhran

Gavriela

The numbering is different, but it looks a LOT like a Lenormand. Are there 36 cards?

BodhiSeed

The German one has 30 cards; the English LS one has 78 cards.

Bodhran

Bernice

I agree with Gavriela it looks like a shortened version of the Lenormand 36 card deck(s).

Looks *interesting*, and I've found a copy for sale. Now wondering if 30 cards are worth the £8.50 (inc. p+p), especially as the images have quite a lot of text - and I can only read snippets of german.

Has anyone got this deck, does it read O.K. ?

Bee :)

ETA: The translated 'review' says:

The oracle consists of 30 cards, that are large 6 x 10.8 cm. It is the stress of an antique prophecy method of the renaissance. The origin of the cards comes from the famous "Ermheticon", a small game book and magic book.

The pictures are held in an almost naive painting. On every card, its meaning and a verse, that was translated literally out of the old French, are noted.