debating???What are your thoughts on this (Connolly)?

Alissa

I've only looked at the Connolly, and while it's very pretty it didn't call out to me like others that are all on my own tarot deck "back burner".

I always feel a responsibility to stay "in touch" with my magickal stuff (decks, beads, crystals, whatever), and use them on a quasi-regular basis, or I start to feel guilty that I'm neglecting them. I know it may seem rather silly to anthropomorphize a deck, but I just seem to! (But i do this with other inanimate and animate/plant things, so that in itself just means it's *typical* of me to think that way, especially since it's a magickal object!)

I can definitely see how this would be a good public deck, especially when reading for the "Tarot shy". But, sometimes you need substance, not pretty, and you will likely find yourself naturally going and using your other, more personal, decks at such time.

If you just HAVE to scratch the itch, though, get IT!!!! I totally second that motion! (Of course, I've averaged a new deck per month that I've belonged to this site, and once even thought it was silly to own more than one deck, so bear that in mind sis! :D )

Dream Healer

I was surprised to read the Aeclectic review of the Conolly because, believe it or not, I never really saw it as heavily Christian based.

Somehow I can't see a Jewish Rabbi with a goatee (IX Cups). For that matter I couldn't understand why there are two columns on eaither side if it is JC.

I do agree that the 'lust' factor is missing from XV, Materialism. Maybe it's the chains in his hands, that they aren't shackled...

I had no problem interpreting I, the Magician, though: the staff of Will is being used to manifest (his left arm).

For some reason III Cups' wine drippings give the male horns.

I actually prefer XIII Transition's symbolism. XIV Temperance leaves me cold, though, as does XXI The World (I'm used to seeing a vagina symbolism of coming out into the real world), VIII Strength is lacking resolve and determination, XVIII The Moon seems ambivolant, XIX The Sun seems lacking. But my favourite card has to be X Swords - something about the picture of the woman...

Thanks to you guys I've now ordered the Radiant Rider-Waite and the Gilded.