Mary-el Tarot

Cerulean

Just a thought

You know what, for "Sophie's Choice" Tarot, this a rare opportunity for fresh and innocent eyes to do a true children's tarot. I like Lo Scarabeo's idea, but I don't think its truly drawn by children

I'm not an art therapy/historian student, but if I was, I'd do what you were doing--encourage, but allow her to talk about it in her own way. If she wants to tape her verbal stories as she looks at them---say, she does this at bedtime or before her nap (what a wish for active kids), that would be cool.

My nephews, when very young, told me stories near bed and rare nap times...I'd have loved to bring tarocchi and tarot into their lives very early, but didn't know enough about it. But my nephews do draw with my encouragement, so we do have fun that way.

One art class I took was shared by a mom and daughter...and it gave me the idea to share art classes with my sis. I wish you many good art projects in that way!

Sincerely,

Mari H.

krysia322

Marie said:
Thank you everyone!

HudsonGray, about half the decks are spoken for already and I don't know how long the rest will take. I seem to get 1-2 orders a day but suspect it will slow down soon.

Marie

Hi Marie (my daughter's name is Marie Faye :) ),

I've seen your deck on your website, and I am in love. Was wondering if you still have any of the LEs available? (I'm just waiting for the next payday.)
:)
Also, when your deck is complete, what are your plans for it? Will you publish it as LEs as well?

Thank you! :)

Marie

Hi Krysia,

Sorry about the delay in responding, I have been sooo busy lately I am behind on all my emails and forums.

To answer your question, there are still decks available, so no hurry!

When the whole deck is done I do hope to have it published by a major publisher and distributed all over the place<g> I am speaking to a publisher now and things are looking good, though I don't know if it is appropriate to talk about it publicly yet! It looks like it might be available in 2005.

It just occured to me that 2005 is 8 years after the start of this little project of mine in 1997. And when I started I scoffed when I read about other people who had taken 5 years to complete their decks, it will only take me a year and a half, I said. Boy was I wrong!!!!!!

Anyway, thank you for the compliment:)))

Marie

Cerulean

Would you say the art styles match...

Marie White's style similar to Rackham or Goble?

http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/rackham.htm

http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/goble.htm

Hello Ravenswing and others...since I really like fine and fantasy illustration, do you think the fine art link I posted is very similar to Marie White's style? Aside from the Asian content, what I mean is the rich colors and fine line styling...I hope you know what I mean. I'm on the list...

I'm also checking out the Zufkunst import from Tarot Garden and a wishlist item, the Engel Tarot. It's good to dream!

Mari H.

HudsonGray

I see she bowed to necessity & took the spread cloth out of the list of things you get with the deck. There are a choice of 3 different drawstring bags now, the book & the cards.

http://www.mary-el.com/le.html

Molly

I would like very much to order a full deck from Marie while she is still self-publishing it... I would be very happy for her if a major published printed it as well, but I would prefer the self-published version... it feels like such a treat to be a part of something on the "ground floor"... so to speak. I can't wait until I have the money, LOL.

Molly

(somehow this was loaded twice???? hmm ... must have clicked the button more than once?)

HudsonGray

I wish she did have the full deck available, but she's still working on some of the cards. The one she's self-publishing is a majors only plus the 4 aces. Looks like it'll be a while for the rest of the deck, if it's coming out in 2005.

Little Baron

Havn't seen these cards since the start of their development on here.

Absolutely amazed.

That emporer card is probably the most beautiful and thought provoking I have ever seen.

Best wishes Marie.

Yaboot

Aerin

I have my deck and my spreadcloth in hand. It is wonderful to be able to hold the cards.

I would advise anyone to buy these. I think the price is MORE than fair for what you get in return.

Aerin