Mary-el Tarot

TygrEyes

Thank You

Thanks for your response Truthsayer.

And thank you Marie for getting in touch with me AND sharing your talent & vision with everyone.

I'm doing a Snoopy happy dance!

Marie

I'm just thrilled anyone is interested!

Asher

This is one of my favorite recent acquisitions! I love to take it out of the cool bag it came housed in, and just ooh and ahh over it!

Marie's take on the cards is often unique and exciting. I like to conceive of tarot as a language, and deck variations as different dialects...each has a slightly different way of expressing the concept. The Empress is beautiful, actually off her throne, carrying a baby and a skirt full of apples!

The amount of love, energy and attention that has gone into this deck is spectacular! I can't wait for the full 78 card version to come out -- it will likely become one of my favorite reading decks.

My advice -- GET IT!

Asher

cyclamen

Ohhh...... the art for these is so beautiful. This is one of the most beautiful decks I have ever seen. I can't wait for it to be finished, it's so heartbreakingly lovely.

Anyhow, I have a question for those who have gotten the limited edition - can you describe how the cards feel? Are they extremely stiff or thick? I would love to get them but I have small hands and have a hard time holding really stiff or slippery cards. They just fly all over the place, so I was curious about that. Thanks! :)

RichardDirt

I am dying for this to finally be published, though it looks like it will be a few more years. (

Rachel Nguyen

cyclamen said:
Anyhow, I have a question for those who have gotten the limited edition - can you describe how the cards feel? Are they extremely stiff or thick? I would love to get them but I have small hands and have a hard time holding really stiff or slippery cards. They just fly all over the place, so I was curious about that. Thanks! :)

They are pretty thick, yes. I don't shuffle them using the poker style shuffle.... They are each laminated, and I believe there are two or three layers of paper inside the laminate.

BUT... they are just gorgeous, and there are only 26 of them in the first limited edition. (the Trumps plus the Aces) so it really doesn't seem unmanageable to handle them. When the rest of the deck is available, it is going to be really thick, I think. But I will definately try and get it. I love the deck.

Rachel