Stars = longing?

danieljuk

BE :heart:
I don't exactly see it as longing but agree with 214red about the 'written in the stars' idea. In the Gilded Reverie, the card has an astrological map in the stars in the sky! When I read with that card, I always see it as something mapped out. The longing might be because someone was destined to be part of your life, when it ends or you are separated, there is a longing. Cross is more of a destined thing but I can see with Stars, that it is a karmic bond idea and it can create a longing like that way.

I try to look at a different meaning between the tarot and lenormand equivalent cards in my method. I think the Tarot Star is for me different, the Lenormand version isn't really about healing in the same way but can still be about hope!

BrightEye

It's nice of you all to resurrect this thread but I no longer think the Star means that. As you can see, the original post is some years old.

Teheuti

I'm also one of those who try to stay away from interpreting pictures with the Lenormand which has quite precise meanings in general. Otherwise I get very confused and strain from the Lenormand towards Tarot, Gypsy or whatever else I can think of.
I agree completely. If you want to read Tarot, then read Tarot or an Oracle deck that encourages you to find your own meanings in it.

Of course, you can have Stars mean anything you want it to mean, but then there's little use asking others what they think of your system if it is your private oracular communication device.

If you want to learn to read Lenormand as it was created then I'd at least learn to use the original meanings:

Stars:
1846: confirms happiness in all enterprises, but if surrounded by clouds, it indicates extended misfortune. Streerath (1860s?): Happiness. Unfortunate events. Belgian(1865): ensures good outcome in everything you'll do, but surrounded by clouds it will predict a sequence of sad events. Brepols (1890s): "The star is always a good sign, as long as it is shining bright and as long as no clouds hide the blue sky from your sight."

Yes, we need modern meanings for concerns that weren't even thought of or areas that are lacking, but I think we run into trouble if they contradict the original meanings.

I use Stars as a "sign or direction" like using the stars for navigation. I also like the idea of Stars as representing the internet in a modern context. Nevertheless, it's clearly a very positive card unless "clouded," i.e., surrounded by negative cards.