When Lenormand was completely off?

Kurenai

I was wondering if people had any experience similar to mine -- in the sense that sometimes the Lenormand seems completely wrong or off!! Perhaps I am not interpreting the cards correctly, but for me there's been a week or two of (based on my daily 3-card drawings) accuracy, followed by a week or two of off-the-wall messages!

Did anyone ever come across a problem like this? And how did you deal with it?

Sparkle_126

Hi,

I have given up reading for myself, as I do feel that I look into the cards a lot more than I should. As well, i do hear that you should not be asking the same question all of the time. A rule of thumb is to ask about something once a month. Anything sooner than that, and then you end up getting all kinds of answers.

Questions of love or such...once a month is all I do. That is how I solve the problem of mixed messages. That and, of course, reading for myself.

Kurenai

Hi,

I have given up reading for myself, as I do feel that I look into the cards a lot more than I should. As well, i do hear that you should not be asking the same question all of the time. A rule of thumb is to ask about something once a month. Anything sooner than that, and then you end up getting all kinds of answers.

Questions of love or such...once a month is all I do. That is how I solve the problem of mixed messages. That and, of course, reading for myself.

I agree with you about reading for oneself.... I rarely read for myself with the tarot, because it's never as accurate or insightful as the readings for other people... :(

Good rule about asking the same questions too!

danieljuk

Hi Kurenai,

first of all, I wonder if your readings are predictive? Are you asking what will happen today before it happens? because I think you don't always get it right, no one has 100% accuracy of prediction. I did a daily card with tarot for years and think I got to about 80% right in the end. There is always a margin of getting it wrong or misreading it. It's very different to read on an issue or ask about choices and use it for a day or a month. so my first suggestion is if you think the majority are right?

I did Lenormand at the beginning of a week for about a year and did it as a 3 card reading to cover the week. What I learnt from it is that unlike tarot or oracles, it gave me something that happened specifically in the week! Tarot often gives you a theme or what is going on in your life (you will feel depressed, continuing from the blues you have been having type reading). Lenormand gave me an event which happened every week! An example is one week I got Birds + Tower + Fox and I got a phone call that week from officials and I was guarded with what I said. Later on I found out that the call was probably recorded and saying the wrong thing could have been used against me! But I was doing nothing wrong. That was an actual event. I found most of my readings turned out like that.

But keep going with the daily readings, practise does make you more accurate! :thumbsup: all of us have off readings!

Kurenai

Hi Kurenai,

first of all, I wonder if your readings are predictive? Are you asking what will happen today before it happens? because I think you don't always get it right, no one has 100% accuracy of prediction. I did a daily card with tarot for years and think I got to about 80% right in the end. There is always a margin of getting it wrong or misreading it. It's very different to read on an issue or ask about choices and use it for a day or a month. so my first suggestion is if you think the majority are right?

I did Lenormand at the beginning of a week for about a year and did it as a 3 card reading to cover the week. What I learnt from it is that unlike tarot or oracles, it gave me something that happened specifically in the week! Tarot often gives you a theme or what is going on in your life (you will feel depressed, continuing from the blues you have been having type reading). Lenormand gave me an event which happened every week! An example is one week I got Birds + Tower + Fox and I got a phone call that week from officials and I was guarded with what I said. Later on I found out that the call was probably recorded and saying the wrong thing could have been used against me! But I was doing nothing wrong. That was an actual event. I found most of my readings turned out like that.

But keep going with the daily readings, practise does make you more accurate! :thumbsup: all of us have off readings!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Yes, I am asking predictive questions, as in "what will happen to me today?"
You are right, the majority of time the cards are pretty accurate. For some odd reason it just stopped working -- but I am glad I am not the only person coming across this problem.

I am continuing with the daily reading, so we shall see how it goes. I'll also do a weekly one too, to see if the accuracy of that is better than the daily spread. :)

Padma

One thing I have learned very clearly about daily spreads - they are reallllllly, reallllly literal. For example, today I got Bouquet and Clouds. Bouquet was a few parcels arriving, plus my beloved dogs keeping me company :) Clouds was, literally, rain.

I got Lilies for a white dog that I adopted (Lilies are white) and I often get very literal things like Fox and Ring simply meaning a ring or a piece of jewelry with a red stone in it.

So for the very short daily draws, expect them to be super literal in their meanings, and to not go with the usual given combination meanings in composed lists.

Today the other card draw I got (and the reason that I drew two more, cause it worried me) was Whips, Child, Coffin. There was no arguing/violence, and there was no aborted child and death! It literally meant that I would not be attending the puppy training class this evening (Whips: training, Child: puppies, Coffin: resting and not going to class) so in order to better understand your daily draws, you must tone the heck down out of your cards meanings!

I have never had my Leniies steer me wrong. It is me who misunderstands, it is not the cards. With hindsight, I always see the cards were right! It just takes a little puzzling and thinking to get it right.

Kurenai

One thing I have learned very clearly about daily spreads - they are reallllllly, reallllly literal. For example, today I got Bouquet and Clouds. Bouquet was a few parcels arriving, plus my beloved dogs keeping me company :) Clouds was, literally, rain.

I got Lilies for a white dog that I adopted (Lilies are white) and I often get very literal things like Fox and Ring simply meaning a ring or a piece of jewelry with a red stone in it.

So for the very short daily draws, expect them to be super literal in their meanings, and to not go with the usual given combination meanings in composed lists.

Today the other card draw I got (and the reason that I drew two more, cause it worried me) was Whips, Child, Coffin. There was no arguing/violence, and there was no aborted child and death! It literally meant that I would not be attending the puppy training class this evening (Whips: training, Child: puppies, Coffin: resting and not going to class) so in order to better understand your daily draws, you must tone the heck down out of your cards meanings!

I have never had my Leniies steer me wrong. It is me who misunderstands, it is not the cards. With hindsight, I always see the cards were right! It just takes a little puzzling and thinking to get it right.

Ah, I wish I were as advanced as you!!! :) Sometimes I don't think I'll ever be good. Today I got coffin-cloud-anchor... I am still trying to figure this one out....

Padma

It's not about me being experienced, it is just about having a mystery-solving brain, haha! I love puzzles.

So, if your cards were Coffin/Cloud/Anchor I would take it as a day where nothing much happened. Coffin - resting, staying in, feeling bummed out; Cloud, feeling confused or unclear or unsettled (or even just a cloudy day!) and Anchor, staying in, not going anywhere. Kind of a humdrum day.

Kurenai

It's not about me being experienced, it is just about having a mystery-solving brain, haha! I love puzzles.

So, if your cards were Coffin/Cloud/Anchor I would take it as a day where nothing much happened. Coffin - resting, staying in, feeling bummed out; Cloud, feeling confused or unclear or unsettled (or even just a cloudy day!) and Anchor, staying in, not going anywhere. Kind of a humdrum day.

Ha! Yes, that makes sense... :) My husband also worked from home today too, so perhaps the coffin card means feeling cramped! Thanks!

Padma

Try reading your daily spreads with *and* without card combos. I find the dailies are best figured out reading them one at a time, not combining, and taking the meaning very literally. And yes, Coffin would easily mean a cramped space! ;) Don't give up - you are just learning the peculiarities of the cards!