RIDER-Always a good card? News or a visit?

elle_muse

Hello Lennie lovers,

I've read that the RIDER is always a happy card. It's either news or a visit, but the outcome is always positive. Having said that, what would it mean if I got the MICE-RIDER at the end of a seven-card weekly spread. It means troublesome news or apprehension about a visitor. Why isn't it a neutral card, like the letter?

The rest of my cards are positive: MOON-STORK-LILY-SUN-CHILD-MOUSE-RIDER, so I'm not too worried. To me, it looks like "small, annoying news/visit."

The other question I have is, is RIDER news, or a visit? It can also be dashing man, or an athletic man. "News" to me is the letter.

What does the RIDER mean to you?

monisina

Hello Lennie lovers,

I've read that the RIDER is always a happy card. It's either news or a visit, but the outcome is always positive. Having said that, what would it mean if I got the MICE-RIDER at the end of a seven-card weekly spread. It means troublesome news or apprehension about a visitor. Why isn't it a neutral card, like the letter?

The rest of my cards are positive: MOON-STORK-LILY-SUN-CHILD-MOUSE-RIDER, so I'm not too worried. To me, it looks like "small, annoying news/visit."

The other question I have is, is RIDER news, or a visit? It can also be dashing man, or an athletic man. "News" to me is the letter.

Rider card has more meanings: news, visit, something/someone new come to you, thoughts, athletic person, energic person, etc.

Rider card is positive with another positive cards and negative with another negative card.

In your reading, Mice card points that all before it will be canceled or it eats you inside.

Letter card is not aneutral, it often point to something superficial, e.g. someone with superficial intentions to you thus it is negative.

Padma

here are the Rider card meanings, from Learn Lenormand...

"Also known as: The Horseman/The Cavalier
Keywords: NEWS. COMINGS AND GOINGS. A sporty young man or boy. A new person or situation entering into your life. A horse, or other rapid modes of transportation.
General Description: The Rider is about news, headlines, and movement. Messages are coming. Delays are over. A lot of energy is being spent, perhaps not always wisely. It’s about things happening soon; needing to seize the moment. Someone may be coming to visit you or you’re about to meet someone new (especially near the house card).

Career: If you’re waiting for news about a promotion or a job, you should receive that news soon. Things are progressing. The card(s) accompanying the Rider reveal if the news is what you want.
Possible jobs: Postal worker (including companies like Fedex), an athlete.
Health: News about your health coming. Be open to exercise.
The Body: Legs, knees, feet, joints, tendons, ligaments.
Love: Someone new is coming into your life. Flirting. The beginnings of something new.
Physical Description/Qualities: an athlete, young or young looking, well-dressed/elegant, sociable, good looking.
Timing: Soon, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, January
Cartomancy: The 9 of hearts symbolizes success, victory, and satisfaction. It involves dreams coming true and getting along well with others."

It is a positive card, as far as I know. Yes, it will be affected by negatives around it, but I don't think it is negative in and of itself...

Mice always eat what is to the left, so your Child (new beginning, small thing) is being eaten by the Mice, not your Rider. And that Mice/Child) is to me the new job, that is something that eats energy...or a new beginning in something makes you really nervous! as Mice is your only negative card, I can only assume that it means nerves or excitement, like butterflies in the stomach when something super exciting is about to happen! :) who ever is visiting, it make you really hyper!

elle_muse

Letter card is not aneutral, it often point to something superficial, e.g. someone with superficial intentions to you thus it is negative.

I disagree. Letter is not a negative card. What makes you say that?

I've had it show up as a message/document/news from a friend or an employer. Once, I've had it show up as LETTER-RIDER in my daily draw and it ended up being me delivering my contract to my employer, personally.

elle_muse

here are the Rider card meanings, from Learn Lenormand...

"Also known as: The Horseman/The Cavalier
Keywords: NEWS. COMINGS AND GOINGS. A sporty young man or boy. A new person or situation entering into your life. A horse, or other rapid modes of transportation.
General Description: The Rider is about news, headlines, and movement. Messages are coming. Delays are over. A lot of energy is being spent, perhaps not always wisely. It’s about things happening soon; needing to seize the moment. Someone may be coming to visit you or you’re about to meet someone new (especially near the house card).

Career: If you’re waiting for news about a promotion or a job, you should receive that news soon. Things are progressing. The card(s) accompanying the Rider reveal if the news is what you want.
Possible jobs: Postal worker (including companies like Fedex), an athlete.
Health: News about your health coming. Be open to exercise.
The Body: Legs, knees, feet, joints, tendons, ligaments.
Love: Someone new is coming into your life. Flirting. The beginnings of something new.
Physical Description/Qualities: an athlete, young or young looking, well-dressed/elegant, sociable, good looking.
Timing: Soon, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, January
Cartomancy: The 9 of hearts symbolizes success, victory, and satisfaction. It involves dreams coming true and getting along well with others."

It is a positive card, as far as I know. Yes, it will be affected by negatives around it, but I don't think it is negative in and of itself...

Mice always eat what is to the left, so your Child (new beginning, small thing) is being eaten by the Mice, not your Rider. And that Mice/Child) is to me the new job, that is something that eats energy...or a new beginning in something makes you really nervous! as Mice is your only negative card, I can only assume that it means nerves or excitement, like butterflies in the stomach when something super exciting is about to happen! :) who ever is visiting, it make you really hyper!

Yip, I read that as well as what's on Cafe Lenormand. Two places I've bookmarked.

I'm usually not nervous about the mice, especially surrounded by these cards. You're right, it could be related to the CHILD/new job , draining my energy or giving me nervous excitement. Or quite possibly, I'll have a visitor and I'll be excited about that. :)

MandMaud

"News" to me is the letter.

I think the rider is news delivered in person, face to face, whereas letter is news received without personal contact, such as a letter, email, text, etc.

I'm not sure which would mean a phone call... maybe one of these combined with the birds (chatter)? Others here know Lenormand a lot better than I do. :)

At the beginner level I've reached so far, I always take the first card of a pair as the "noun" and the next as the "adjective", so your mouse + rider would be a rider kind of mouse thing, not a mouse kind of rider thing. That is, a worry relating to news, rather than news of a loss or worrying news. (Assuming you're reading them as a pair. If taking the cards one after another, it's the worry/loss followed by the news, separate things.)

I'm sure someone will say there are more ways of doing it, though!

I haven't yet sussed how to determine which of its various options each card means, but I suppose that's where intuition kicks in, after all the "grammar" of relating the cards to each other has been done.

elle_muse

I think the rider is news delivered in person, face to face, whereas letter is news received without personal contact, such as a letter, email, text, etc.

I'm not sure which would mean a phone call... maybe one of these combined with the birds (chatter)? Others here know Lenormand a lot better than I do. :)

At the beginner level I've reached so far, I always take the first card of a pair as the "noun" and the next as the "adjective", so your mouse + rider would be a rider kind of mouse thing, not a mouse kind of rider thing. That is, a worry relating to news, rather than news of a loss or worrying news. (Assuming you're reading them as a pair. If taking the cards one after another, it's the worry/loss followed by the news, separate things.)

I'm sure someone will say there are more ways of doing it, though!

I haven't yet sussed how to determine which of its various options each card means, but I suppose that's where intuition kicks in, after all the "grammar" of relating the cards to each other has been done.

Just as I was thinking regarding the difference between the RIDER and LETTER. I've read here on AT that a phone call is the LETTER with the BIRDS. Sometimes, I just see the LETTER by itself and it doesn't let me know how it'll be sent.
To me, I see the RIDER by itself, that I'll be nervous or excited for this visit/news. Maybe because I now know I'm supposed to receive something, lol.
Only time will tell!

Padma

I see Rider as a delivery of some kind, a person bringing something to you. And I see the Birds as a text message or a phone call. The Letter I see as a bill or as a snail mail letter, or an email. It takes slower to get to you than the Birds communication....

I thought MandMaud had some good takes!

elle_muse

I see Rider as a delivery of some kind, a person bringing something to you. And I see the Birds as a text message or a phone call. The Letter I see as a bill or as a snail mail letter, or an email. It takes slower to get to you than the Birds communication....

I thought MandMaud had some good takes!

She did. :)

I have a friend who wants to pick up her boxes. She's not dropping something off, she's taking her stuff back! Would that count as RIDER?

Padma

She did. :)

I have a friend who wants to pick up her boxes. She's not dropping something off, she's taking her stuff back! Would that count as RIDER?

Sure, cause she is, I assume, coming to your place to get them? Delivery people pick stuff up, as well as drop it off. Also, the important part is the Rider comes *to* you...physically.