Thats a lot!!

Marua

Thanks, all

I agree with all of you.
It can be an obsession, if one's not careful, and thats probably what i'm trying to avoid, 'cause there's a lot of decks that i like. For now i'm limiting myself to bying only the ones i REALLY like and feel atracted to.
Being an artist myself, i do enjoy various decks from an artistic point of veiw. There are a lot of imaginative people in the world. And to see all these peoples different views on the sybolism is facinating. Just because of that, i think maybe i WILL end up with a lot of decks. lol.
Thank you all for your insight and time.
Love from Marua. :)

gregory

I feel a bit uncomfortable here - I do collect and I do love the decks I have; it is an obsession, perhaps, in a way - but a harmless one. I don't think I see it as a victory when I find a deck I don't have, exactly - after all, there are decks I have resisted buying with the greatest of ease. I do have a few I don't like that much, but if I really hated them, I would sell them on. It has never happened to me yet. It is fascinating to compare cards from so many different decks; I could do it for hours..... (I would, if I didn't have to go to work !) When I am ready to read, I think this background exploration will really help !

Emily

Quite a few times I've sorted through decks I don't use with the intent of trading them on. I've only managed to do it with the decks I really didn't like or didn't appreciate.

I get my decks out, sort them back into order and get enthralled once more by the images of a particular deck I should be getting ready to trade lol I know that by the time I've got the cards in order that I won't be trading it, do a few readings, and I see what attracted me to it in the first place - then it goes back into the tarot bookshelf.

I am a collector (although I denied it for a good while) when I have the money, I like to spoil myself with a new deck. I don't have a huge collection and I'm trying not to let it get bigger, ideally I too would like to pare it down to just a few decks that I use but with so many attractive and inspirational decks - its hard to do. :)

tarobones

obsessive

It can become an addiction, true enough. I have about 30 right now, but part of my problem is that when I find a deck I really connect to, then I always buy at least two and keep one shrinkwrapped, against the day it goes out of print. So I hoard a bit too. BB, Michael

gregory

tarobones said:
It can become an addiction, true enough. I have about 30 right now, but part of my problem is that when I find a deck I really connect to, then I always buy at least two and keep one shrinkwrapped, against the day it goes out of print. So I hoard a bit too. BB, Michael
WOW - I feel better already. I have NEVER done that :D

Alta

I have, but only three times.

Jewel-ry

I have fifty odd decks and as someone else said earlier, it is so nice to open a drawer and see them all just sat there waiting to be played with.

Every now and again I feel guilty about the fact that I have them and don't read with them. It is at these times that I stop buying for a while and then all of a sudden, I feel like buying and before I know it I've bought several in a short space of time. Then I stop again. Can't seem to make up my mind whether I am a collector or not! :D

I love my decks.

There have been a few that I have regretted trading e.g. the Haindl - I always did have a love/hate relationship with this deck!

Just the other day I was thinking I should trade some and as I was going through I re-visited so many! It was just great.

I am thinking that I need to just come out of the closet and admit that...my names Jewel-ry and I'm a collector!!!

There, I feel better already. Best go celebrate with another deck :D

gregory

Marion said:
I have, but only three times.
More power to you - I didn't mean anyone shouldn't, just that I often get blasted for having too many decks, but this is one area I have never stepped into !!! (unless you count that I have 2 BOTAs - one that I coloured and one that I didn't. The one that I didn't is better !!!! NOT my strength, art !

gregory

Jewel-ry said:
I am thinking that I need to just come out of the closet and admit that...my names Jewel-ry and I'm a collector!!!
My name's Gregory and so am I. There is a TA thread here somewhere, someone told me....! (I have enough decks on the way NOT to celebrate just now !!)

Emily

Jewel-ry said:

There, I feel better already. Best go celebrate with another deck :D

I felt so much better when I finally admitted it too. :D