Harry Potter and Tarot...

HearthCricket

If you had to assign a deck to the major characters in the Harry Potter series, what would they be? This is what I came up with, for fun!

Harry-Sacred Circle/Tarot of Dreams
Hermoine-Druidcraft
Ron-Fantastical
Jen. Weasley-Halloween or Spiral
Dumbledore-Visconti
Snape-Gothic/Vargo
McGonagell-Nigel Jackson
Hagrid-Tarot of the Origins
Filch-Baroque Bohemian Cats
Sprout-Herbal Tarot
Flitwick-Tarot of the Gnomes

lonefrontranger

interesting concept, thanks!

I'll play; my HP knowledge is pretty good, though my deck knowledge is somewhat limited.

Curious that you think of Harry as represented by the Sacred Circle, as that was my first (and remains my primary) deck. He certainly could be viewed as a Shaman, but I'm very interested to know what triggered your analogy?

Ron's Mum (Mrs. Weasley) seems to be a good fit with the Housewives' Tarot, especially as I found this deck has a LOT more lurking beneath the surface than its cutesy Leave It To Beaver trimmings.

Dumbledore is (to me at least) well represented by the Gilded Tarot.

HearthCricket

lonefrontranger said:
Curious that you think of Harry as represented by the Sacred Circle, as that was my first (and remains my primary) deck. He certainly could be viewed as a Shaman, but I'm very interested to know what triggered your analogy?

Ron's Mum (Mrs. Weasley) seems to be a good fit with the Housewives' Tarot, especially as I found this deck has a LOT more lurking beneath the surface than its cutesy Leave It To Beaver trimmings.

Dumbledore is (to me at least) well represented by the Gilded Tarot.

Love your choices for Mrs. Weasley. Yes, I can see Dumbledore with the Gilded, or maybe even Tarot of Dreams! As for Harry and the Sacred Circle, I found him the hardest to choose for. I wanted a serious deck, something that reflected England and its pagan roots, and this seemed to fit him perfectly. I just see it sort of reflecting in his eyes, you know?