The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

baba-prague

Hi LB - sorry, I did miss it. No, I think she is horrified and helpless - trapped in a nightmare. It may be that these images are rather small and so the expressions are not that clear. But I don't think there is anything happy in this picture - the grisly phantoms are, I think, very much the ones in control - she is simply being lead - unwilling - in the dance.

Embla

Oh wow. The girl reading, original picture of the Queen of Swords is pure magic. She looks like an apparition. Who was she, originally, do you know? What is the book about where you found her? Thank you so much for sharing her. I can´t believe how long her hair is. And that ring. What is she reading, one wonders... I have so many questions, like HearthCricket...

ilweran

The Queen of Swords is lovely. I wanted to not buy this deck, but I think my will power will be gone by the time it's published :D

baba-prague

ilweran said:
The Queen of Swords is lovely. I wanted to not buy this deck, but I think my will power will be gone by the time it's published :D

Well, it will be AGES yet, so don't worry :)

Pumpkin

baba-prague said:
Yes, here she is - beautiful but rather poor quality print which is why so much had to be redrawn. We've also made her rather harder looking - more ageless and less of a straightforwardly sweet girl. We want a lot of shadows and implications in this deck:

She is beautiful. What does the book say about her? Does it say who she is? What book was she in? Well, if it does not need to be a secret for now. ;)

baba-prague

The book is in German - but I will fish it out at the weekend and see what it says about her :)

Pumpkin

baba-prague said:
The book is in German - but I will fish it out at the weekend and see what it says about her :)

Thank you. :)

It looks like she took her hair out of a very long braid for the picture with all the ripple waves in her hair.

annik

Oh! This is really good for what we can see! I feel I am a child again. The wait will be long but it will worth it!

Pagan X

"Bohemian Gothic"-- I hear the parallel structure to the "Victorian Romantic"--these are not decks; they are wings of an art museum. Each deck is an exhibition, a gallery, could be used in University to teach period art...

I hope you can get Henry Irving in there somewhere.

Maybe...one gold card? In the Red Death?

shadowomyn

I think that this is the first time I'm planning on pre-ordering both the original deck and the silver version.

I love gothic decks!