Are there any tarot decks that you dislike?

SherryZoned

yes Cosmic Tribe is the other i cant stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lee

Qolus said:
I recently saw something at work called the Angel Tarot, which was actually a butt-ugly Marseilles clone (and incidentally, no angels anywhere to be seen). Its deceptive name makes it dumber still.
Hi Qolus, actually the Angel Tarot derives its name from the Angel Playing Card Company in Japan, which created and printed the deck.

-- Lee :)

Zhritza

Lee said:
actually the Angel Tarot derives its name from the Angel Playing Card Company in Japan, which created and printed the deck.

that makes sense, but I still think it's confusing to name it that...

divinerguy

Decks with cats, dragons or any other overwhelming theme.

(Takes a deep breath)...

Pastel decks, feminist decks, sexual decks, ethnic decks, gentle decks, naked guy decks, vampire decks, Lo Sacarabeo decks, primitive decks, egyptian decks, Marseilles decks, traditional decks and Thoth decks.

I think that about covers it.

truthsayer

generally i no longer admit in public to disliking any deck b/c somehow that backfires on me and that deck ends up in my collection. :( i do not claim to understand why this phenomenon occurs. i'm sure it's some collosal cosmic joke and the powers that be are in some lofty place just ROTFLTAO at me. i don't like the taste of shoe leather very much. ;) i find hoof in mouth disease repulsive. })
since this seems to be the RULE, i don't know why some of you have remained unscathed by my disease?!!? are you paying somebody off?

if not the jokes on you! that means there is most definitely a hanson roberts deck in phoenix's future. diviner guy will be overwhelmed w/ the desire to buy theme decks,pastel decks, cat & dog decks, feminist decks, ethnic decks, gentle decks, egyptian decks, traditional decks and thoth decks!(i left out the ones i can see your point one or even agree ;) btw, is there even a deck left that you like? curious minds need to know!)

HOWEVER! the following decks have stood the test of time as far as my dislike goes and thus POSSIBLY safe enough to admit an aversion:
1. marseille type decks esp. the IJJ Swiss
2. the tarot of the witches and the witches tarot
3. shining woman and shining tribe
4. sexually styled decks
5. the osho zen(i simply cannot get past the master card even when it's not in the deck)

there are MORE that i dislike but no more that i will admit in public. LOL ;) })

Zhritza

so divinerguy, what decks do you not dislike?

Sinta

Book of Thoth...

Thoth Tarot - Crowley

Okay I dont totally dislike this deck. The imagery strikes a cord into me, and yet when I look at the image, it seems as if they want to break out of the card and overflow into the real world. Let's say I'm uncomfortable even just to touch the cards. I have a tendency to make things happen, that I didn't wish to.

Some people mentioned it had ties to an occultist, A. Crowley, who I have never heard from before, so if anyone wishes to enlighten this poor soul ;) you may.

Macavity

From my very limited collection, I'd have to go (already) for the Bosch Tarot - though I have a sneaking admiration for that too! But, as an overall investment, the card "descriptions" in the LWB are worth their weight in gold })

Nine of Wands: "The Gendarme. To learn to protect one's rear doesn't guarantee protection".

Well said grasshopper! :D

Macavity

(Who made many laugh - Translating English into other languages! :))

aeonx

Hm, one of the decks I really dislike, is the Vampire Tarot. The worst of all is that Amazon.com sent it too, by mistake, one time!! I freaked out. :D
I can't stand the Cosmic Tribe either.

Hey guys, how can you not just looooove the Celtic Dragon??? })

~aeonx~

Phoenix

I actually do love the Celtic Dragon, and the Vampire, and the Cosmic Tribe...............:(