The Globalight Angel Cards - safe to order?

finn

I live overseas and want to order these cards. However, I can only do so directly from the author herself, and she only accepts cash payment. This means I'll have to send plain cold cash to her. Does anyone recommend this? Has anyone bought from her before or sent cash to buy from independent authors before?

Also, has anyone bought this deck before and if so, what do you think of it? Thanks.

pentunen

Eek. If the author only accepts cash, as in the actual notes and coins, then I wouldn't order :/ Sending actual money in the mail is generally reputed to be a Bad Idea (TM). As in, don't do it - it has a tendency to get stolen :(

Best bet is to check if the author will accept cheques, bank drafts, or the like. There are quite a few ways to get money from person A to person B, with person B having to do very little work to turn the piece of paper/bunch of electrons into actual cash.

HTH,
- LittleCub

Laurel

I wouldn't do it, unless you live in Australia like the author. Too many things can go wrong with International shipping to risk cash. There's also something... a little odd.. about the Globalight web site. http://www.users.bigpond.com/globalight/ Maybe its just that they seem to have their fingers in a lot of different pots... angelic tarot, reiki, drawing classes, etc., and yet say so little about themselves.

For comparison, check out http://www.angelpaths.com/ and the level of content and appearance of the web site itself.

Laurel

purplelady

I am not familiar with this tarot deck or website. However, I thought I'd throw this in. I wanted to subscribe to aeclectic but had an impossible time finding any other way to send money from here to australia, that I ended up sending cash! It's hidden so they'd have to have dogs to sniff it out or something for someone to actually see it! I'm hoping it arrives safely! Fingers crossed.
However, if you feel anything weird about sending cash to the site mentioned then I wouldn't do it. It does seem quite strange for an online sale to be Only cash. I don't think I've ever heard of it. Makes you wonder if the person(s) have something to hide?

UniversalSeeker

This is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, MA deck. I love it. I bought it a few years ago and had no problem, and you will not have a problem either. I do not know why she only accepts certain payments, but when I sent her my money I got exactly what I paid for. This is the deck that started my collection, (I now have over 230 decks) but more than that I got to talk to someone that I admired, she is a teacher, an artist The auther knowes more tham I will ever know.

UniversalSeeker also know as Carolyn Giles.

SongDeva

I just checked out the site, which now accepts Paypal and EFT payments. Perhaps at the time, roughly three years ago, she was just getting started online and has since expanded.

Edit: She links to AT on her links page...can't be all bad. ;)

Chronata

oh wow! thanks for bumping the thread, Universal Seeker!

What a beautiful little deck!

Never even heard of it before!

sigh. of course...something else for the ever expanding wishlist.

Gerbear

I've had this deck on my wish list radar for several years, but so many decks have come out, that it's been forgotten. Time to reel it in!

Emeraldgirl

seems the site has been updated and now has secure payments allowed. What a fantastic deck. My wishlist is growing out of crontrol :D