Russian Tarot of St Petersburg - VI The Lovers

zhadee

The Lovers

Today I picked the Lovers. I might have a go at this deck by doing daily draws.

Inside of the egg-shaped image, I see a couple in an autumnly looking scenery. The man is visible in front view, looking at her. The woman is turning her back to me, her head in profile looking at the man.
I am not sure if those things in the background are mountains or very dead looking firs. Two animals are visible on each side of the dancing couple. On the left side, I see a white lamb, on the right side, I see a goat. I should get a magnifying glass to see those little details properly! :bugeyed:
In the pitch black sky several stars are shining, and though smiling sun and a full green moon are visible, this seems to be at nighttime. Some blue angel bust is hovering over them both. The male person is holding a walkingstick, to his right side I see a tree with two treetops and fruit, plus a snake coiled around the stem.

The man seems to be talking a walk, when the woman stepped into his way. :joke: She has long blond hair, and she wears no hood which means she is unmarried.
On first sight, I thought those two were dancing happily in the forest. But now that I am taking several closer looks, I see that the man has to make a decision. The woman looks determined - she'd take him home ASAP. The man's left foot is put firmly on the ground, in rather close contact to the female. His right foot is pointing away from the woman.

Now I understand, why this card used to be called "the decision". I always wondered how the man made it to the Chariot when in the card before he seemingly had met the woman of his life.