Fairy Lights Tarot - card pairs

Hemera

The Fairy Lights Tarot (by Lucia Mattioli, Lo Scarabeo) cards consist of original paintings that were each divided into two tarot cards.
To find the card pairs that form the painting is a wonderful way to get to know the deck and I recommend you to try it.

Here is a list of the card pairs, however, just in case someone needs them.

Majors & Minors

The Fool~10/Pentacles
The Magician~3/Chalices
The High Priestess~7/Wands
The Empress~5/Wands
The Emperor~4/Wands
The Hierophant~10/Wands
Lovers~10/Chalices
The Chariot~3/Wands
Justice~6/Chalices
The Hermit~6/Wands
The Wheel~5/Swords
Strength~5/Pentacles
The Hanged Man~9/Pentacles
Death~9/Wands
Temperance~2/Swords
The Devil~8/Swords
The Tower~4/Pentacles
The Star~6/Swords
The Moon~7/Chalices
The Sun~3/Pentacles
The Judgement~7/Swords
The World~9/Swords

Courts and Minors
Queen of Pentacles~King of Swords
Knave (Page) of Chalices~Queen of Swords
Queen of Wands~Knight of Wands
King of Chalices~Knave (Page) of Wands
Knight of Chalices~Knight of Pentacles
Knight of Swords~Queen of Chalices

Knave (Page) of Pentacles~1/Swords
King of Pentacles~9/Chalices
Knave (Page) of Swords~8/Chalices
King of Wands~6/Pentacles

Minors:
2/Chalices~1/Wands
2/Pentacles~4/Chalices
2/Wands~7/Pentacles
10/Swords~5/Chalices
1/Pentacles~3/Swords
8/Pentacles~8/Wands
4/Swords~1/Chalices

Aerin

I'm in the process of looking at the pairs and making up stories why they go together. Some are obvious... some I need to think about.

Were you thinking of having one thread per pair?

Hemera

Hi Aerin:) I´m excited to see you joining in!
Well, that might be the best solution for this deck? What do you think?

Aerin

I think that'd work really well as it would be hard to discuss just one card, you'd end up saying 'and by the way' and have to cross reference everything.

Hemera

You know, I had almost decided to start going through this deck in card pairs as I already seem to be seeing this deck mostly as card pairs. But then I saw the scans and I have been thinking about this again.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fairy-lights/
They are *so* lovely as individual cards and maybe I´m already too deep in thinking about them just as pairs? Maybe we´d get more out of this deck if we took each card individually? Maybe we should give them a chance as individual cards? We could still discuss those card pairs, maybe in a separate thread. Oh, I don´t know. Hard to decide :bugeyed: :p

Aerin

I'll go for either, although I don't think I will be able to resist the whole pair thing.

It's just so wonderful, and also I liked jigsaws as a child ;)

Le Fanu

I was always hopeless at jigsaws and I haven't made much headway when I try pairing the cards up. I have a hunch that at the top of this post there is a listing of pairs, which I'm trying to avoid looking at.

I think I'd rather not know. If they pop up together one day, I may (may!) notice. But I can imagine I wouldn't even notice the pairs if they were lying together. It's like when people tell me the answer to cryptic crossword clues; I still can't see it.

I think this deck works beautifully as individual cards. Of course, for many, the urge to pair must be irresistable. But how does it change in a reading? Oh yes, they slot together. But I'm curious to know how this would affect interpretation as it's still the same image, just joined.

Lovely deck. I continue to find it just stunning.

Hemera

I think I´ve almost decided to start going through this amazing deck as individual cards. I think there is just so much to say about each card. And luckilly there is no rule against having both individual card threads *and* card pair threads :)

Wintergreen

I've been doing small spreads 1-3 cards, and pulling out the paired card to see how it affects the reading. So far its been fascinating, as it adds great depth to the meanings, offering another chapter to the story, as it were, or another perpective.

Does anyone know how the pairs were chosen to be put together? The LWB is pretty cryptic.

Hemera

Does anyone know how the pairs were chosen to be put together? The LWB is pretty cryptic.
No idea really. Maybe the artist knew already when she was painting them? (They are paintings that were cut into two cards)
Yes, I agree, the LWB is cryptic -but not bad. :p It occasionally seems to add ideas and thoughts to the mix.