Devil reversed as relationship outcome

Adriana

Either things turning into something purely sexual with nothing else left. OR one or both of the partners being tempted to (and most likely doing) something that is not good for the relationship. Could well talk about having an affair, some kind of cheating. Probably the 2 combined. Having a meaningless affair which still in the relationship.

Babs

Yeah, I can see this. It's like losing touch with your heart and just acting on other impulses.

Adriana

You may think this is coming out of left field here---my Tarot Muse is kind of like that :p ---but my first thought was that it might apply where one of the parties has agreed to try some bondage but then, once tried, they changed their mind and don't want to participate in that anymore. This is just an example, mind you. It wouldn't always mean that.

The end of a co-dependency relationship is also a good thought. It's not possible, if you're co-dependent, to just suddenly not be. It's a long process to shake that tendency off, but it definitely could apply, as Adriana suggested. :)

Hehe, it did certainly not come as a surprise to me, its actually showed up as that for me before, but in the upright position. So could sense the reverse could mean a change of mind to that! Just looking at the RW image.. It doesnt look like it is a quick snap to get those chains gone, so its probably not easy

Adriana

Ha! I found how to quote,lol ( only second post, please excuse the newbieness)

I also agree that the Devil rx points to a break-up and releasing of chains, usually from a situation that was unhealthy to begin with. One of the interpretations in the upright position speaks of giving into temptation and ignoring your instincts so i can see the reverse being that one of you starts listening to your instincts and makes a break for it.

When this card comes up for me i usually look at it as me " dodging a bullet", dodging a situation that wasn't on the up & up/ healthy to begin with... kind of reminds me of the saying that " the devil is in the details" which would translate to the signs always being there that it was an unhealthy attachment but there was a refusal to see beyond the temptation of the prospect of happiness/ desired outcome.

Yeah, and as such the reverse devil becomes something positive (seen in a bird perspective at least).