9 of Swords as what someone can teach you?

Naz.J.

I just did a tarot reading on a prospective relationship/ friendship and I asked what can the other party teach me. This was a Yes/No spread using one card. I used the Thoth deck, and drew the 9 of Swords ( Cruelty ). Now the first thing that came to my mind was 'conquering', and reading up a bit more on this card I feel it pretty much sums up what I am going through in my life...I don't have insomnia and can sleep well at night but I have so much going on in my head, I feel like my back is against a brick wall and I'm trying to find the silver lining to the grey clouds. I have been feeling a bit negative and down since a couple of months.

Any opinions would be helpful.

elena_jaymz

Hi, it may be that they could help you to overcome anxiety and these negative thoughts/feelings you mentioned.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Naz.J.

I was just thinking that. Thanks for your response Elena.

IndigoWaves

Though the reading's question assumes that a positive "lesson" is in store, the 9S instead seems to warn that this person will bring you mental strain and suffering... If not via intentionally cruel actions/words then perhaps elusiveness, inconstancy, or clever mind games that drive you to distraction (Mars in Gemini).

It's also possible that your expectations regarding this person could lead to a painful 9S experience (rather than his/her own behaviour), by being somehow unfulfillable. Either way, it may be best to proceed with caution, if at all -- especially if less-than-pleasant cards tend to gather in readings about this person.

Naz.J.

Thanks IndigoWaves for your response. I am indeed seeing what you have mentioned.

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi Naz.J,

When giving feedback to the people who have helped you with a reading, you are expected to address some of the points they've made, let them know how and why what they've said makes sense or resonates for you. On the other hand, you can also let them know if what they've said doesn't make sense for your situation/question. Here is an explanation on feedback, from our posting rules ~

Feedback helps us all to learn..
Leaving feedback means letting each person who has replied know how their interpretations match the situation you're reading about.. Feedback helps people to see how the cards work in real life situations..

We try to ensure that threads here are equal exchanges and the people who reply or who are just reading threads get as much out of them as the thread starter.. Without feedback there is no exchange and that's not fair..

A note about the type of feedback that we'd like to see here - this is taken from the previous version of the posting rules and it offers some good tips about giving feedback:
“Thanks” or “That was helpful” is NOT feedback. Detail is required.
you must give a response to every person who helps you with the cards, and generally within a day or two (there can be exceptions if a situation is unfolding). You don't have to list everything they said but at least discuss some of their points.
get involved in the process, besides helping you with the situation this process will increase your own reading skills
if the interpretation of cards wasn't clear – ask politely for an explanation
if you do not agree, explain why courteously
has the interpretation clarified the situation for you? If so, how?
please note that an update on the situation is not full feedback unless you link it to some of the interpretations, however, updates are always very welcomed.

Please give proper feedback here.

Thank you :)

Prudence