Mary El Tarot - The Sevens

JadoreHauteCouture

All Sevens are connected to VII Chariot and also XVI Tower

7 of Wands represents white horse of the chariot. Rational mind, Reality, The good. The opposite to it is 7 of Cups. Subconsciouness, the moon, dreams, the evil. I assume White for is 7 of wands since wands represent fire and passion to progress forward. 7 of cups is logically black horse (or actually black wolf in here) to represent dreams and non-reality. Sevens in general are always no good. so choosing chariot for sevens represents our struggle between finding inner balance between good and evil, reality and subconsciouness and our goals and higher goal...

7 of Swords is very tricky... I read this card before but never understood the story about raven... So this time i tried to go under the surface and get the symbolism...

Raven symbolizes air element since it flies and i guess thats why shes on 7 of swords. She learns about the sun in the darkness... Sun is fire, so i assume raven is looking for the ultimate light/God or purpose of its existence... Knowing there is something beyond darkness and even though raven is black as night, she knows there is something greater she must pursue... So she wants to find this sun hidden very deep... Old man is pure masculine energy, the uproght triandle in Ace of wands, and represents fire element (thats why he is also hiding sun)... Daugther represents earth element as being secondary feminine energy as in Ace of Disks. Raven gets into the daughter through water... and then through fathers resistance by growing on him... in both cases emotions (cups are involved). First case - river represents water & emotions, second case - emotions by growing on father... So maybe we could say, Air (Raven) turns into needle and go to earth (daughter) through Water (river). Water muds earth and creates life that grows (a child). And later Child grows old and wise enough to take Fathers secret (sun = fire) and give it to others/society. This is parallel to Prometheus also stealing sun/fire from Gods... stealing their nature and giving it to people. I assumer 7 swords therefore represent finding strategy and not giving up, plotting, sneaking, lying and manipulating.. in this case for higher good... I guess in reversed case, for selfish needs...
I assume 7 swords represent the mind of charioter... How to make horse obey your decisions...

7 of disks is supposed to represent charioter - Us. His inside... being torn between 2 extremes and finding the way... managing horses to go the same way... The card is pretty vertically symmetrical which also supports this... to me it also reminds me of Tower. From 7 disks thunders are striking the ground making it unstable just like Lighting hits the tower in XVI. Mary-El talks in her book about going beyond. How saturn was considered last planet but we know there are more. And also in case of Tower, we think it is over and final now. but we dont see the sunrise after...

JadoreHauteCouture

Update 7 of swords:

stealing the sun is about taking the good stuff and not giving back/getting away with it...

for instance, your partner sacrificed a lot to make you happy and once you got what you needed, you turned and went away leaving him behind... you stole his sun from him...
better examples... you had crappy childhood, you hated it.. regardless, your parents loved you very much and tried their best to make you happy even though they didnt know how to make you happy... you were obedient (like the daughter) and you grew on them (like the daughter on the man) and when you grew up, you moved away and forgot about that "embarrasing childhood" and never called them again.... they were not the best parents, but they loved you, especially dealing with you for 18 years... and then you took the best out of them and left... you stole their sun...