Timing Spread

Kitichi

Hello,

I was trying to figure out the timing of an event. I expected one of two months would be the best, but I hate to limit my options to just those months (what if something else is about to happen that I don't expect?) I found inspiration (after trying a more confusing spread) to create the following spread.

This is a spread for determining the month out of the next 12 months that something will occur/is recommended to occur. I based it on Mary K. Greer's Yes/Maybe/No spread found here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=146811

Pull the Wheel of Fortune. Shuffle the deck. Pull 11 more cards and put them with the Wheel. Shuffle this subset of 12 cards. Place them as follows:

******12**1******
***11********2***
10*************3*
*9*************4*
****8********5***
*******7**6******

You pick what months the numbers represent. Since I was looking at the upcoming year, and the first upcoming month was October, #1 was October, #2 was November, etc.

Once the cards are laid, turn them over. Whatever month holds the Wheel is the month that the event will occur (if used to predict the future) or should occur (if used for advice on when to do something). The other cards can be used for more information. In my case, I believed that October and January would be the best months for taking an action. October was The Fool, January was The Wheel of Fortune. For those months, I interpreted this to be that to take action in October was to be hasty/foolish, and January was the correct month. I then read the other cards as to how each month would go in relationship to my pursuit, rather than as advice as to what would happen if I tried taking the action in that month.

While this is a spread for months, it could easily be modified for other time spans. I would lay weeks out vertically (since weeks are vertical on the calendar), days out horizontally (again, days are horizontal on the calendar). The other, non-Wheel cards can be used for additional information as your intuition guides you.

Littlerosie

Thanks so much for posting that - it's exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait to try it out now!!!