Tarot Atom

JSNYC

Actually this spread feels only half "complete" (if that). But my life has taken a dive into a cascading spiral and I have no time to work on it any more (nor does intuition really flow during these times). However, I have had some really profound readings with this spread so I thought I would post it anyway, maybe someone else has some ideas to develop the spread.

I have simply been looking for something to apply the label "Tarot Atom" too and since I didn't know what to name this spread, I applied the label. I also applied Yijing attributions to the spread positions as well. However, I do not have the time to do the research to "validate" and explain those attributions and their depth of meaning. So that will have to come later.

This spread is neither "predictive" nor "meditative" as much as it is both. I find those distinctions to be rather... meaningless. This spread is to some extent an amalgamation and extension of many 3-card spreads. Thus, I will not explicitly define the spread positions. The spread is meant to be much deeper than that. The attached graphic "explains" the spread best. But I will give some brief comments on its use. First, here is the layout:

1***
*3*4
1***

The order the spread is drawn can start from the upper "1" or the lower depending on the question, I generally start from the lower. I labeled the upper position "Outer" and the lower position "Inner". Those familiar with the Yijing will understand these labels. They can also be thought of as "above" and "below" or also related to positions 7 & 8 in the Celtic Cross spread (click here for more information on these positions).

Numerology, including the concepts of a duality, trinity and quaternity, as well as the concepts of Yin and Yang can be attributed to the positions and their numbering. I must then also note that Yin and Yang are absolutely not a duality. The concept of duality is extremely superficial and the concept of Yin and Yang is certainly not superficial. Thus, the first cards can be thought of as a duality or Yin and Yang, but not both.

All "problems" are based in the past and thus the first 2 positions are labeled the dynamic. Those problems are synthesized in the present and thus the third position is labeled the basis. The fourth is the key. The 3rd position completes the first 2, the 4th reflects the totality of the first 3.

Attachments

• TarotAtom.gif
    TarotAtom.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 101

Ivy Rhiannon

I really like the inner/outer dynamic of position 1. The root issue lies within us while the "outside" perception of the issue and can manifest itself in a seemingly unrelated way.

From the foundation of the issue we have the current perspective of our question, our basis. Then the key to creating change lies within the fourth card.

Least that is my take on the spread. I do hope I am following you correctly. :D I think the way you have this set up would work wonders with moving through blockages and/or progressing spiritual growth. I'll have to try this little spread out and see what she has to say. Thanks for sharing!

JSNYC

Least that is my take on the spread. I do hope I am following you correctly.
Beautifully stated, you certainly understood what I was trying to say. Thank you for your comments. I really fell in :love: with this little spread so it is nice to hear someone else can see the beauty in it too. :)