Which Deck Next Spread?

Ivy Rhiannon

Hello all, I have recently decided to get some tarot decks off of the wish list and into the collection. I have been very indecisive over which one it will be because really I want them all about the same! However because I'm not rolling in the benjamins :D I could only get two this time. Originally I scanned the tarot spread index and came up with no "choice between two decks" specific spread. So to help me decide I turned to my trusty Druidcraft (they seemed non biased about the deck interviewing process) and came up with this one...

* Shuffle and decide which row will be designated by which deck then lay out the cards like so:

Deck A | 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * 5
Deck B | 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * 5
Etc...

I compared a total of 4 decks though i wouldn't recommend more than that at a time. That would be a rather big spread and you might run out of cards! :p Or it could be used for just one deck also!

1. Why am I drawn to this deck at the current moment?
2. This deck's personality.
3. This deck's readability.
4. What can you learn from this deck?
5. The future of your relationship together.

I tried this out and it actually helped me pick a deck I wasn't sure on over one I was most likely going to pick! The personality/readability section semi blended together but gave good insight on how the cards and I would interact during readings and personal study. Question four told me how I would most likely use the cards, ex: reading for others, personal growth, etc. The future is a general outlook on rather you and the deck will get along or if it is something you might pass on. You can also interpret the columns vertically also to compare the differences.

If you guys have any ideas, or a better name lol, please feel free to add to and let me know if it helped you guys make a decision! I'm looking forward to my new Osho Zen and Animal's Divine Tarot!

Zelmira

Ivy:
I think it is a great idea! Did you post your reading in the forum? I would love to see how it worked for you, and how you interpreted the cards? Also as I was reading your post, I thought that this spread could be used to predict how a deck will work for you before you order it, not necessarily to choose between 2 or more. I am sure many of the members of this forum have bought decks that at the end never worked for them. It would be a good way of saving money and buying only what it predicts that it will be good for you. Just my 2 cents. Thank you for sharing, blessings.
Zelmira

Ivy Rhiannon

Ivy:
I think it is a great idea! Did you post your reading in the forum? I would love to see how it worked for you, and how you interpreted the cards? Also as I was reading your post, I thought that this spread could be used to predict how a deck will work for you before you order it, not necessarily to choose between 2 or more. I am sure many of the members of this forum have bought decks that at the end never worked for them. It would be a good way of saving money and buying only what it predicts that it will be good for you. Just my 2 cents. Thank you for sharing, blessings.
Zelmira

Ah you know I didn't. I got so crazy ordering that I put the cards away before I even thought about sharing this spread. Now I wish I would have!

I had questioned whether or not the decks would "read" well or they'd be a good match. The other two decks I was deciding with was the Shadowscapes and the Llewellyn. I'd heard great things about all of them except the Animals Divine, which I had heard mixed reviews. Still the cards had said I would love them and that the Osho Zen would be a challenge and very spiritually rewarding and would help me think outside the box. Honestly it said I would like them all but the rows that stood out the most were these two. Funny cause these were the decks I was going to get secondly! I'll have to let you know if the cards were right after they come in the mail!

Also you're right it could be just used for one deck too :p That was what I was afraid of when I was going to buy them: getting the deck and never using it. I usually look at them forever before I decide, but I made an impulse buy before with the Druid Plant Oracle and although the images were gorgeous I just didn't "connect" with the cards. Probably because of my lack of knowledge of herbology.

Glad you liked the spread! :D I hope it can help someone else too.