Looking for spread - can I be friends with my old ex?

Amy-2609

I'm trying to find a spread to fit my situation, but none seem to be resonating with me. About 2 or 3 years ago, I dated someone and we had a terrible breakup. We've had no contact since then. However, the last few months I've had this inner feeling of wanting to get back in touch with him - not in a romantic way, just to have our past be water under the bridge, and maybe establish some civil Facebook relationship (at best, light friendship).

Today, I ran into him while he was at work (scanning our groceries) and this was the closest proximity we've had in 2 years. I noticed he kept looking at me, he smiled at something I said to my friend, and overall there was no awkwardness (not on my part, at least), and we smiled at each other as we said goodbye.

I've played around with the cards, and generally had a positive response; but I would like to find something that fits my situation. All I can find online are spreads about "reconciling with an ex, in a romantic way", "potential relationships", "friendship spreads" that don't really gel, and a standard Celtic Cross.

Does anyone know of a spread that would:
- Shed light on our current thoughts/feelings for each other
- What we would each bring to a new "relationship"/are we both willing to be friends
- Actions/Advice
- Most likely outcome.

Thanks in advance

LisaStarlight

It looks like you've already created the foundation for the spread! :)

Just to keep it simple and clear, I'd be looking at breaking it down a bit.

Perhaps you could first look at why you feel drawn to reconnect with your ex. Maybe pull one card and put that at the top of your spread. Depending on what the card is, you'll get a better idea of whether reconnecting is a good idea or not. Perhaps its not necessarily him you'd like to have in your life, but someone who embodies all that was good about him?

On the other hand, a new year, a clean slate, and setting things to rights could be the energy behind the desire to reconnect. In which case, something simple like this might work:

1. How do I feel about him?
2. How does he feel about me? (Will indicate whether he's open to being friends or whether he's moved on.)
3. What is the likely outcome of reconnecting with him at this time?

----X--- (this being the first card you drew)

--1---2
----3---

(a heart shape, for a matter of the heart; feminine energy on the left, pos 1, male on the right, pos 2)

Depending on how that goes, you could then look at a Next Steps spread from the Spreads index here on the forum.

Hope this is of some help in kickstarting some ideas for you. :)