Snapshot Relationship Spread

Trogon

Hi Hulpster :)

Funnily enough, I don't use this spread anymore (I decided I wasn't comfortable reading about people who aren't there and haven't given their consent) but just before I saw your message my housemate was telling me he'd just used a very similar one!

The 'impression' card is more about the impression you're giving them about how you feel - so you've got how you think you feel, how you really feel, and how you appear (to the other person) to feel. So I guess he can see that you enjoy his company and value his friendship, though he may not realise you feel more for him. In which case it will be instructive to look at the relationship between what he's thinking and feeling and the impression you're receiving from him (though, as I've mentioned, I have ethical reservations about this!)

Good luck! Hope it's lovely! :)
Hi AmyV. I actually just stumbled across this spread of yours. I think it is an excellent spread and will probably try it out one of these days. ;)

But, about the ethics. These "relationship" readings are kind of a gray area. And, of course, we must each decide just how dark of a shade of gray we might want to operate in. But in many cases a relationship reading, by it's very nature, is going to involve someone who is not present at the time.

If person "A" comes in and says; "I'm in this relationship with "B", and I'm just not sure how it's going or what we feel for each other, can you do a reading for me?" Your Snapshot reading might be very helpful for them. And, you are doing the reading (primarily anyway) on "A". On the other hand, if "A" comes to you and says; "I broke up with "B" and now I want to know about this relationship he has with girl "C", do a reading on it" ... that is crossing a boundary which I wouldn't want to cross.

Hmmm ... I suppose this is probably a topic for a new thread in "Talking Tarot" ...

rwcarter

I used this spread for a friend over the weekend. The reading resonated with the friend, but the way the cards fell and I interpreted them, I think that positions 4 and 7 should be swapped. Instead of the impression A gives B and B gives A, position 4 came out as how B sees A and position 7 came out as how A sees B. Definitely a keeper of a spread though! Thanks AmyV if you're still around.

Rodney

lanimal

clarify position 7??

Here's one I got from my friend Monika in Prague, who got it from a friend of hers, but I don't know where it originally came from. It's a great spread if you want to get a snapshot of where you stand in a relationship (and I've just thought of a name for it!), it's clear and to the point and looks like this:

~~~~~.8.~~~~~
~~.4.~~~~~.7.~~
~~.3.~~~~~.6.~~
~~.2.~~~~~.5.~~
~~~~~.1.~~~~~

7. The impression they give you

I am wondering about position 7... I did this spread today and wonder - is the "impression" they are giving something true/not fake (what my intuition is telling me) -- or -- could it be a manipulation they are trying to sell. Does that make sense?

Do I need to do a clarifying card for this position? ((and if so - how do you do that?!?! pull a clarifier...I have never did that before.))

thanks!!

rwcarter

I am wondering about position 7... I did this spread today and wonder - is the "impression" they are giving something true/not fake (what my intuition is telling me) -- or -- could it be a manipulation they are trying to sell. Does that make sense?

Do I need to do a clarifying card for this position? ((and if so - how do you do that?!?! pull a clarifier...I have never did that before.))

thanks!!
The impression one gives off could be innocent/natural or calculated. I think positions 5 and 6 would give an idea of that person's genuineness and therefore would help to answer your question about position 7.

Rodney

WindStarsBhakti

thanks, i will give this a try asap

lanimal

The impression one gives off could be innocent/natural or calculated. I think positions 5 and 6 would give an idea of that person's genuineness and therefore would help to answer your question about position 7.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney! I'll check that.