Need ideas for spreads to use at a festival

AmyV

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing my first Tarot stall at a small world music festival this month, and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about the kind of spreads to have at the ready....??

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!!

Thanks,

Amy

Brock Johnson

That sounds so exciting! I wish I could do that but I have neither the resources and I'm not the right age.

For my first reading, a lady only used 3 cards for past-present-future. I was kind of disappointed because it was on vacation and I had wished that my first reading would have been spectacular. Oh well. Anyway, spreads...hmm....

I would have a good solid relationship spread. People tend to ask a lot about their love life.

Career spreads are also good. Maybe have one for a future career and what you should do now.

Family issues and schooling. I once read for someone who needed money from her father but needed guidance for the right way to do it.

Most people want to know about the future and not examine the past so I'd get maybe two general spreads.

Love, Work/School, Family, and General are the typical topics that I'd 'study' for.

Brock

starrystarrynight

That sounds great, AmyV!

Baroli52 has a terrific Wish/Desire Spread that I have been using A LOT. As described, it can be used if a querent is nervous or sits down without a specific question in mind...it's a good one--you may want to adapt it to your own uses (forgive me, but I adapt everyone's spreads to better fit the way I read...)

Look for it under the Spreads forum.

Demon Goddess

I came in to post this tonight as I found it to be an excellent spread for relationships... It's quick and very clear. (And... it's only the second spread I've ever created!) If you know your cards well, even a long reading with a lot of explanations and clarifications wouldn't take more than a half hour.

It's laid out like a clock, face down (Someone on the pro board suggested this, so I started doing. It helps me focus better on the cards positional meanings and it's more mysterious for the querant)...

xx1xx
3xxx6
4xxx7
5xxx8
xx2xx

Cards one and two represent the relationship.

Cards 3, 4, and 5 represent the querant's past present and future

Cards 6, 7 and 8 represent the qureant's love interest's past present and future.

1 and two can be turned as a pair first or last. I think turning them last will have more dramatic effect, but I've been turning them first.

Hope you like it.

With love.

AmyV

Thanks for your advice everyone! It's really helpful!

Demon Goddess

AmyV said:
Thanks for your advice everyone! It's really helpful!

I hope you'll come back and tell us how the festival went.

With love