Horary Readings Round 8 - Answers

Minderwiz

Reading for ThtDancerGuy

Hi Minderwiz,

I've never had an Horary Astrology reading done before, let alone any type of Astrology reading, so please forgive me if I leave out any important details needed or anything like that. Give me a little nudge and I'll provide them in a snap. :)

I would like to know please, will I finally accept my mother's boyfriend Dmitriy (d-MEE-tree) in the next 3 months?

Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

A Horary reading is based on a chart cast for the hour (well strictly speaking the moment) that the Astrologer understands the question. The chart I cast has Aries rising, so the ruler of Aries is taken as the significator of the querent (person asking the question), in this case you. Mars is placed in Libra which is its Detriment - that is a sign in which it signifies a lack of power to act on one's own. The seventh is the house of relationships and this question is indirectly one about a relationship.

There are two other people involved in the question. The first is Dmitriy. who really is the main object of the question. The second is your mother, who determines Dmitriy's relationship to you - he is your mother's boyfriend.

Any old person who you asked about would be given the seventh house - being opposite to the Ascendant, it stands for everyone who isn't you. Though more particularly it stands for a partner, either romantic, business or other relationship, such as sporting or leisure.

There are a few people who aren't directly covered by the seventh, your parents are the fourth, your siblings by the third, your children by the fifth and your friends by the eleventh. Those are the main cases, there are others. From the information you've provided I'm assuming that your father is no longer in the picture (at least as far as this reading is concerned). Therefore I'm goig to treat your mother as being signified by the fourth house, which is Cancer, making her significator the Moon (a natural significator of mothers). The Moon is in Aries in the first house. That placement again makes it clear that she is important to you and to the question.

Finding Dmitriy's significator involves establishing his relationship to your mother. You describe him as her boyfriend but that could be a passing relationship or a steady long term relationship. Again making an assumption from your question; as you put in a three month time period and this is clearly an important question to you, also you don't ask whether their relationship will break up or come to nothing, so I'm guessing that the relationship is comparatively long standing - it's more than a passing romance. If it is, or could be, a passing romance, I'll read for that in a subsequent post.

Therefore, I'm going to give Dmitriy the tenth house - the one opposite the fourth house and therefore signifying the partner of your parent. This house would usually be given to your mother, as the partner of your father but as your father is not relevant (to the question) and she is your parent, I think she should have the fourth.

The tenth is Capricorn, so Dmitriy is signified by Saturn (who is a natural significator of older men). Saturn. Saturn is placed in Sagittarius, the ninth house.

Having established the two required significators, the main question is whether there is any astrological relationship between them. Specifically, is there an applying aspect between them. Applying aspects refer to future events (such as your acceptance of Dmitriy), separating aspects refer to events in the past.

In this case, Mars is indeed applying to a sextile aspect to Saturn and is within 46 minutes of arc from perfecting it. There are subdivisions of a sign, which add a little colour here. Mars is in the terms of Saturn, within Libra and the Decan of the Moon in Libra. So the concern of you with your Mother and Dmitriy is further stressed.

The very likely outcome is that you will accept Dmitriy in the next three months. That does not mean that you and he become best buddies. Saturn is in none of the dignities of Mars, which would indicate that he wants a close relationship to you but I think you will end up accepting him for your mother's sake/ What happens later, may be different. You might develop a deeper relationship with him. But the key is to accept the relationship with your mother.

Attachments

• ThtDancerGuy Nov 2015.jpg
    ThtDancerGuy Nov 2015.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 285

ThtDancerGuy

Hi Minderwiz,

First off, let me say thank you very, very much for this Horary reading. It's absolutely awesome, and I can imagine it takes forever to construct. So thank you for getting to me. :) I really appreciate it. Plus, as someone who may or may not get into it someday, it's certainly a cool first experience to have.

A Horary reading is based on a chart cast for the hour (well strictly speaking the moment) that the Astrologer understands the question. The chart I cast has Aries rising, so the ruler of Aries is taken as the significator of the querent (person asking the question), in this case you. Mars is placed in Libra which is its Detriment - that is a sign in which it signifies a lack of power to act on one's own. The seventh is the house of relationships and this question is indirectly one about a relationship.

As far as feedback goes, as I don't understand everything about everything going on within the reading, I will do my best to understand what's going on, and of course will give ample feedback with it. :)
Funny you should mention both Aries and Libra, as I am (and my mother is) a Libra, and my father, whom you mention later on, is an Aries, and I will explain why he matters when I get to that part of your reading. Of course this has nothing to do with the reading, as these were only the significators of the question. Just an interesting sync.

There are two other people involved in the question. The first is Dmitriy. who really is the main object of the question. The second is your mother, who determines Dmitriy's relationship to you - he is your mother's boyfriend.

Yes, exactly.

Any old person who you asked about would be given the seventh house - being opposite to the Ascendant, it stands for everyone who isn't you. Though more particularly it stands for a partner, either romantic, business or other relationship, such as sporting or leisure.

It's quite hard to find a particular term for what type of relationship Dmitriy and I should have in a perfect world...

There are a few people who aren't directly covered by the seventh, your parents are the fourth, your siblings by the third, your children by the fifth and your friends by the eleventh. Those are the main cases, there are others. From the information you've provided I'm assuming that your father is no longer in the picture (at least as far as this reading is concerned). Therefore I'm goig to treat your mother as being signified by the fourth house, which is Cancer, making her significator the Moon (a natural significator of mothers). The Moon is in Aries in the first house. That placement again makes it clear that she is important to you and to the question.

What's interesting about this, and why my father is now "important," is that when I asked this question, my father was living back on the East Coast where my family came from. Now (since about 3 weeks ago), he's been out here in CA, and he's had an influence of course in parenting and thus relationships with everyone. Of course, I understand that the reading is based off of the specific moment the question is asked, which in that moment my father was not a critical player, so I'm wondering why and how else he ties into this.

Finding Dmitriy's significator involves establishing his relationship to your mother. You describe him as her boyfriend but that could be a passing relationship or a steady long term relationship. Again making an assumption from your question; as you put in a three month time period and this is clearly an important question to you, also you don't ask whether their relationship will break up or come to nothing, so I'm guessing that the relationship is comparatively long standing - it's more than a passing romance. If it is, or could be, a passing romance, I'll read for that in a subsequent post.

Yes, they are a longstanding, exclusive couple, having dated now for a little over 1 year; they just had their 1-year anniversary a couple weeks ago.

The tenth is Capricorn, so Dmitriy is signified by Saturn (who is a natural significator of older men). Saturn. Saturn is placed in Sagittarius, the ninth house.

Dmitriy is actually 24 years old, so certainly not old, but I understand that Saturn is a normal significator for older men. Not sure if Saturn is a relating planet or not, but he is also a Scorpio.

In this case, Mars is indeed applying to a sextile aspect to Saturn and is within 46 minutes of arc from perfecting it. There are subdivisions of a sign, which add a little colour here. Mars is in the terms of Saturn, within Libra and the Decan of the Moon in Libra. So the concern of you with your Mother and Dmitriy is further stressed.

So basically my personal concern for everything sounds like it will be heightened in the coming time(?) Sounds like par for the course.

The very likely outcome is that you will accept Dmitriy in the next three months. That does not mean that you and he become best buddies. Saturn is in none of the dignities of Mars, which would indicate that he wants a close relationship to you but I think you will end up accepting him for your mother's sake/ What happens later, may be different. You might develop a deeper relationship with him. But the key is to accept the relationship with your mother.

Yes, I can completely see this being the ultimate outcome between us, which is definitely less than what I would personally want for our "relationship," but it's what will be. Unfortunately, Dmitriy is for all intents and purposes an unemotional, un-soft creature, incapable of connecting with anyone other than his significant other (and not even) on a deep(er) emotional, meaningful level, leaving people like me, who are subjected to living with him, beating their brains out trying to figure out how to "like" him for who he is. And yes, I do agree that an underlying factor is my relationship with my mother, specifically how I can understand and accept her choice to be with him, which 1 year later clearly I still harbor dislike and contempt for.

MissNine

I'm sorry to hear your news on the exam :(

I think the reading was me trying to clutch at straws :(

Three late ascendants should have called an end to the process but I chose to take it as a descriptor of the nearness of your results. I did put in the warning that things might already have been decided at the time of the reading, which renders it of no significance. But I should have given more weight to that than I did.

Thank you for following up. :)

Am I just unlucky with charts due to my planet placement in my birthchart? Every time an astrologer reads for me (ok, it's been you 3x and my aunt once) it seems Saturn gets in the way or the chart isn't reliable due to some lack of connection. I laughed with my aunt last spring, when Saturn plopped down in my 1st or 7th house (can't recall) in her reading. I told her I was so sorry that Saturn seems to cloud the readings and she said it wasn't my fault. I told her she's not the only one who gets Saturn messing with my chart.
Again, I'm so sorry that I'm taking up your time in charting and yielding these weird charts. Do you think it's just my birthdate and time that cloud up my charts?
Again, very grateful for all your energy and efforts. Much appreciated :)

Minderwiz

What's interesting about this, and why my father is now "important," is that when I asked this question, my father was living back on the East Coast where my family came from. Now (since about 3 weeks ago), he's been out here in CA, and he's had an influence of course in parenting and thus relationships with everyone. Of course, I understand that the reading is based off of the specific moment the question is asked, which in that moment my father was not a critical player, so I'm wondering why and how else he ties into this.

I'm not sure your father is important. My assumption from your question was that your father was not part of the situation, either because he was dead (I'm glad to learn that he isn't), or your parents were divorced or your father was absent or possibly unknown. That would place all parental responsibility on your mother, and for that reason I gave her the fourth house of parents.

I'm still not sure of the situation between your parents but, astrologically, if your father has the major share of parental responsibility and he has some major say in the outcome of your question, I'd have given him the fourth Nothing in your feedback makes me think that is what I should have done, especially because it would complicate matters quite a bit.

But with your father living on the East Coast at the time of the question and you living with Dmitriy (and presumably your mother) there seems to be no longer an effective matrimonial partnership between them, so I think my assignment of the fourth to your mother seems correct.

Dmitriy is actually 24 years old, so certainly not old, but I understand that Saturn is a normal significator for older men. Not sure if Saturn is a relating planet or not, but he is also a Scorpio.

He might not be old but he is older and more importantly, he's playing a paternal role. He might not be playing it at all well, he might not in your view be playing it at all but the fact that he's become your mother's partner ensures that he's playing the role of the senior male.

So basically my personal concern for everything sounds like it will be heightened in the coming time(?) Sounds like par for the course.

I think your concern for your mother will lead you to accept (but not like) the relationship with Dmitriy. Fighting or opposing it will strain your relationship with her and if you are right about him, make it more difficult for you to 'be there' for her if things go wrong (and I did not look for that in the chart, I kept to the question asked)

Yes, I can completely see this being the ultimate outcome between us, which is definitely less than what I would personally want for our "relationship," but it's what will be. Unfortunately, Dmitriy is for all intents and purposes an unemotional, un-soft creature, incapable of connecting with anyone other than his significant other (and not even) on a deep(er) emotional, meaningful level, leaving people like me, who are subjected to living with him, beating their brains out trying to figure out how to "like" him for who he is. And yes, I do agree that an underlying factor is my relationship with my mother, specifically how I can understand and accept her choice to be with him, which 1 year later clearly I still harbor dislike and contempt for.

I didn't go into Dmitriy's temperament because it wasn't relevant to the question as asked. But Saturn is a melancholic planet. melancholia can show up as a seeming indifference to others, and indeed a loss of interest in securing a desired outcome because all outcomes seem bad (depression is the nearest modern equivalent) As well as ruling the ninth through Sagittarius, Jupiter also rules Pisces, the twelfth house. The twelfth is related to sorrow, grief and loss. The only other planet influencing Saturn through dignity is its Terms ruler, Mercury. Mercury rules the sixth house, associated with bad fortune and ill health.

Don't take those too literally, all that I'm saying is that Dmitriy does not appear a bundle of fun and would certainly be more concerned with his own issues than anyone else's. He's not likely to reach out to others. Indeed he's likely to want to exclude others (though not his lover - by sign, there is a trine between Moon and Saturn). He might actually need help but he's very unlikely to ask for it.

Minderwiz

Thank you for following up. :)

Am I just unlucky with charts due to my planet placement in my birthchart? Every time an astrologer reads for me (ok, it's been you 3x and my aunt once) it seems Saturn gets in the way or the chart isn't reliable due to some lack of connection. I laughed with my aunt last spring, when Saturn plopped down in my 1st or 7th house (can't recall) in her reading. I told her I was so sorry that Saturn seems to cloud the readings and she said it wasn't my fault. I told her she's not the only one who gets Saturn messing with my chart.
Again, I'm so sorry that I'm taking up your time in charting and yielding these weird charts. Do you think it's just my birthdate and time that cloud up my charts?
Again, very grateful for all your energy and efforts. Much appreciated :)

I don't know your birth chart so I can't comment on the placements but Horary charts are 'independent' of your birth chat. That being said as the questions you ask are related to issues in your life. if horary is to be fully valid, it shouldn't promise something that your natal chart does not.

I stress that as I don't have your natal chart, I have no idea of your natal promise but even if your natal chart promises a fulfilling relationship in five year time, I wouldn't expect a horary chart now to promise that relationship. The value of horary is that it's more discriminatory than the natal chart and derived charts. There we have to try to interpret which of a range of possible relevant topics we should attribute to a planet at a particular time in life. Horary focuses on the topic that is relevant to you.

So don't worry if you get a string of 'no' answers, it might not yet be the 'tight' time.

MissNine

I don't know your birth chart so I can't comment on the placements but Horary charts are 'independent' of your birth chat. That being said as the questions you ask are related to issues in your life. if horary is to be fully valid, it shouldn't promise something that your natal chart does not.

I stress that as I don't have your natal chart, I have no idea of your natal promise but even if your natal chart promises a fulfilling relationship in five year time, I wouldn't expect a horary chart now to promise that relationship. The value of horary is that it's more discriminatory than the natal chart and derived charts. There we have to try to interpret which of a range of possible relevant topics we should attribute to a planet at a particular time in life. Horary focuses on the topic that is relevant to you.

So don't worry if you get a string of 'no' answers, it might not yet be the 'tight' time.

Sorry I'm not referring to "no" answers, but about every time a chart is drawn, there's a strong negation or doubt to the reliability of the charts.

Minderwiz

Sorry I'm not referring to "no" answers, but about every time a chart is drawn, there's a strong negation or doubt to the reliability of the charts.

Yes, I know, but, as you point out, the considerations can point to a negative answer. They can also point to it not being the time to ask that particular question.

MissNine

Yes, I know, but, as you point out, the considerations can point to a negative answer. They can also point to it not being the time to ask that particular question.
I think I understand. So the fact that the charts weren't able to be cast mean the question shouldn't be asked at that time. Ok thanks for the teaching moment. Learned something new!

Kittysashimi

The chart has 28 degrees of Cancer rising. Ordinarily I'd treat that as casting doubt on the relevance of the chart or that things had already proceeded long enough that the outcome has already been determined.
As in that there's doubt in this decision? If so then yes, I kinda started doubting after I already paid the deposit and made the decision unfortunately.

In this case, I'll read for it because, from your question, the time to apply for the programme is already close and an answer one way or the other is required. The chart reflects that not much time is left to make the decision.
Yup there isn't much time and I already went ahead and placed the deposit.

You are signified by the Moon, which is placed in Pisces in the Ninth House, which is concerned with learning and personal development at an intellectual and professional level. So the placement also reflects the reality of the situation - you are seeking personal development and to boost your knowledge and skills.
This is absolutely true, I am indeed concerned with learning and also personal development. I want to boost my knowledge and skills to gain confidence in myself. I know I have a lot of potential but my lack of confidence is not allowing me to pursue my desires 100% I really am hoping that the classes will boost my confidence and help me to believe in myself more regarding becoming an herbalist.

Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, which is placed in Virgo, it's detriment, and in the third house. This puts the Moon in opposition to Jupiter by Sign, though they are not in aspect by degree.
I wonder if it means anything if my natal jupiter is in virgo, conjunct venus in the 9th house. But I don't know anything about horary so maybe natal charts shouldn't be used to draw a comparison.

The Third House also has links to knowledge but at a more basic level. Modern authors tend to relate it to primary education or school eduction as against college or university education.
I think the third house would resonate a lot more for the course I am taking. It's a basic kind of course, practical hands on based instead of a higher education that the 9th house represents.

However there's another distinction which can be relevant. That is the difference between the academic (ninth) and the practical (third). Both are related to wisdom but the second is arguably of a more fundamental nature, though its status is claimed to be of less importance, without it life would could not be lived.
Oh yes! Like I just said earlier this is more of a practical course than an academic course. It is a beginners course, so it could lead to a more academic course in the future. But for now its definitely more third house related.

The third also happens to be the traditional joy of the Moon and is the House of the Goddess.
Interesting! What does joy of the moon mean?

Interestingly, Jupiter also rules the sixth house, through Sagittarius. The sixth has connections with ill health and sickness (indeed this appears to be it's main modern meaning). As Herbalism is closely linked to dealing with sickness, the connections in the chart are strengthened.
That is really cool, with connections being strengthened does that mean a higher likelihood that the course would be something I enjoy? Or something I benefit from personally?

The problem is that whilst the connections are there, the evidence that the matter will perfect, and the programme will be of career benefit is not. The Moon will not perfect the opposition to Jupiter as it's next aspect, instead it will square Saturn in the sixth.
This does make some sense, I'm just hoping it'll bring me more inspiration to add items for my etsy store, that's all I expect and hope for it career wise for now. I'm not currently working. The course is probably too basic for me to end up getting a job as an herbalist in a store through it.

Your career is indicated by the tenth house, Aries, and its ruler, Mars, is inconjunct the Moon - no aspect is forming. So you and your career are not brought together by the programme. In short things don't seem to click into place.
This does make sense, I think I need a lot more than this course in order for stuff to start running for me career wise, but I'm hoping that this course would still motivate me to continue down this learning path and to bring me the confidence that I am lacking.

That's something of a negative conclusion but there is perhaps some positive hint. The Moon's forthcoming aspect indicates a struggle here. I think that struggle is the one indicated at the outset, between the academic and the practical. I think it's something you have to deal with. The programme may help you resolve and integrate those two but I don't see it as providing a boost to your career path. The resolution won't come easily and it may take quite some time so don't expect any obvious payoffs by doing the programme.
I'm a little confused about this part, what does the struggle between the academic and the practical mean? Thank you so much for reading for me!

Minderwiz

I'm a little confused about this part, what does the struggle between the academic and the practical mean? Thank you so much for reading for me!

Struggle might not be the best choice of words, but the ninth and third house are in opposition. There's a need to secure a balance between your practical skills and knowledge and your, for want of a better word, academic knowledge - your achievement of professional qualifications.

I see the course as enhancing your practical skills and knowledge, but I don't see it providing a career boost in the short term. That caveat of the shorter term is important. It's not of immediate benefit but as you add other courses and qualifications, it will build up to a good profile.