Horary Readings Round 8 - Answers

Minderwiz

Reading for Thrasheddoll

My question is pretty general.. Is there anyone significant in my near future.. I have ties with a few guys but I feel like I'm constantly being friend zoned.. It's not even like I am really out there looking for something serious but it would be nice to feel stable and desired and loved.. Any of the men currently in my life? Anything new? Is there anything that's holding me back?

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making Mercury your significator. Mercury is in Capricorn the fifth house of Romance, That is a good sign both because it fits your question but also because the fifth is a strong placement, being trine to the Ascendant. Mercury is not particularly strong in itself being Peregrine - which I usually interpret to mean you need some help in the matter. The person, thing or organisation concerned tends to be signified by the ruler of your significator, which is Saturn. Mercury and Saturn are reasonably friendly as they are both rulers in the Air triplicity, though in this chart Saturn is in Sagittarius. It's angular but it too is Peregrine. It's also not good in a night chart. So I think you might struggle in terms of any help from third parties.

Mercury is separating from Saturn but the Moon lies only degrees behind, which is outside the modern orb for a Conjunction but inside the Hellenistic orb of 13 degrees for the Moon (given that it is much faster than any other planet). I will return to the Moon/Mercury conjunction later.

The other party for a long term relationship is signified by the ruler of the seventh, Jupiter and this is where the reading gets interesting. Jupiter is placed in the first house (your house) and quite a few early horary Astrologers would have treated this as evidence in itself that the matter will be perfected.

I would certainly treat it as strong evidence for the matter. Even better Jupiter is in a mutually applying trine with Mercury. So there's a positive aspect forming between the two and there's Reception - that is the aspect enables Mercury to receive or welcome Jupiter into Virgo and the first house.

The separation between the two is 1 degree an 1 minute but a question that occurred to me is whether the Moon reaches Mercury before Mercury reaches Jupiter.

In fact it does, the Moon con-joins Mercury just ten minutes of arc before Mercury trines Jupiter. My issue now is whether I treat that as prohibiting the matter or not.

On the one hand, Jupiter is not Mercury's next aspect - the Moon is and this should lead me to discount the matter.

On the other hand, before the Moon perfects its conjunction with Mercury, Mercury and Jupiter are in a partile conjuction (both in the same degree) and have been for a few hours before the Moon turned up. That being said, the conjunction has not been perfected, so I have to accept that there's a problem in perfecting the matter.

If Mercury was the Moon's next aspect, I would still opt for the Matter, but before the Moon joins Mercury it has first joined with Venus.

There are two further complications which might change the interpretation. Both are favourable. Firstly the Moon is the ruler of the eleventh house, which signifies friends. So it's possible that a friend intervenes but in a helpful way (remember Mercury is Peregrine - in need of help). The Moon's next aspect after the conjunction with Mercury is a trine to Jupiter. So should I allow this extension of translation of light is a question that I asked myself. Especially as the Moon acts as the querent's co-significator.

The second complication is that Jupiter and the Ascendant are in an applying conjunction and that would perfect the matter but for Mercury trining the Ascendant first. The Ascendant isn't a planet, so it can't translate the ;light from Mercury to Jupiter.

So I find myself in a position where it looks like there's a last minute prevention of the matter, unless I stretch things with the Moon. I'd like to hope that I could and thus predict success but I have to warn you that you might find a situation where you appear to be moving towards a relationship and a friend intervenes in someway to stop things developing (or just possibly, hasten them up).

I hope it's the latter, but no promises.

Attachments

• Thrasheddoll Feb 2016.jpg
    Thrasheddoll Feb 2016.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 129

Ethereal

well, you were really pretty spot on, on this, minderwiz. this is pretty much exactly where i am now. in all areas of my life. like kind of a holding pattern. things are really moving slowly. yes, my personal situation is making it difficult to get things done. very much so. though, i do have some help, which you indicated. outside of one family member, ( antagonistic at best) there is support from friends. again, the employment situation is pretty dire here right now. not only full time, but part time. VERY difficult to gain any type of employment, at least where i am now. but, again, i agree, i don't see it as totally insurmountable. still in litigation; and it is becoming costly. but , in process of wrapping this up soon, very soon. healthwise, i feel physically, about how you described it. not the worst, but not the best. all around like things are in a , * limbo,* state. at least for now. again, much thanks for this read! it about sums things up, quite well......

Ronia

Main significators' aspect versus Moon aspect

If the Moon had aspected Sun before Venus then it would prohibit the relationship, as the Sun is not a significator of either him or you.

Minderwiz, I have been thinking about this for a while. May be I didn't ask my question properly. There is an applying positive aspect between the main significators, which is within orbit already, moiety considered. It is not one of the main signifocators who will aspect a third planet (Sun here) but a co-significator. Why would this overrule the already applying positive aspect between the main significators?

This chart promises perfection but for the sake of learning, I don't see why the co-significator's aspect to a third planet would overrule the applying aspect between the main significators... I thought it could signify an outside concern for the querent, rather like a distraction or similar. Where am I wrong?

Minderwiz

Mistranslation

Minderwiz, I have been thinking about this for a while. May be I didn't ask my question properly. There is an applying positive aspect between the main significators, which is within orbit already, moiety considered. It is not one of the main signifocators who will aspect a third planet (Sun here) but a co-significator. Why would this overrule the already applying positive aspect between the main significators?

This chart promises perfection but for the sake of learning, I don't see why the co-significator's aspect to a third planet would overrule the applying aspect between the main significators... I thought it could signify an outside concern for the querent, rather like a distraction or similar. Where am I wrong?

I'm not exactly sure of your question but here goes.

Ronia said:
The chart was cast on January 31, 2016 at 10:30 am in Toronto. Aries is rising, the ascendant is good, Mars is me, the man is Venus.

I am well placed, in Scorpio, in the 7th - I do want to have this relationship, true, I like the man. The Moon is also placed in the 7th and she rules the 4th - I do have thoughts of being very serious with this relationship and I wouldn't mind if this person would become part of my family. I actually think he would be a great partner. I'm not sure if I correctly assume the Moon's meaning here but since she is ruling the 4th, it sounded appropriate and i am reluctant to take the Moon as him, his significator is available and placed appropriately, knowing his personality and achievements.

The thing that bothers me here is that the upcoming sextile between the man (Venus) and me (Mars) is going to be interrupted by this same Moon, which will sextile the man (Venus) first and then square the Sun, L5 before conjunct Mars (me).**Sextile is a Venusian aspect and I'd normally say that two sextiles, from the Moon and from Venus to Mars, with Venus receiving the Moon from Venus' triplicity and face, would mean "yes" but I'm afraid to be so positive, especially with the Moon/Sun square in between and the Sun will square Mars (me) at the same time Venus (he) will sextile me (Mars).*

Of which the most relevant point here is:

Ronia said:
The thing that bothers me here is that the upcoming sextile between the man (Venus) and me (Mars) is going to be interrupted by this same Moon, which will sextile the man (Venus) first and then square the Sun, L5 before conjunct Mars (me).**

In this horary whilst the two main significators are applying, their sextile will not be the next aspect for both of them. Venus' next aspect is the sextile to the Moon. So the eventual sextile between Venus and Mars will not perfect the matter.

However, luckily the Moon is your co-significator and so that Moon/Venus sextile secures the matter.

My point in the piece you quoted was a learning point. If the Moon had aspected some other planet, rather than his significator the matter would fail because neither the main significators' next aspect, nor the Moon's next aspect would be sufficient to bring the matter to conclusion.

You rightly raise the idea of using the Sun as his co-significator and that is certainly worth discussing (which we did). The answer to that would come down to the state of your relationship when the question was asked, in my view. Otherwise we open the door to using them in every relationship horary, no matter how speculative (and thus increase the chances of a yes answer, at least on paper.)

Be careful not to allow what seems a favourable situation to override the unfavourable lack of an aspect. It's like you being on a train sitting in a compartment with the man of your dreams, who thinks you look fantastic but neither of you plucks up the courage to open a conversation and he gets out at the next stop. The situation is ideal for both of you but it takes action to make it work out.

Ronia

In this horary whilst the two main significators are applying, their sextile will not be the next aspect for both of them. Venus' next aspect is the sextile to the Moon. So the eventual sextile between Venus and Mars will not perfect the matter.

Right! I was so entangled in complicating it that I missed the obvious. Of course, it is very simple. Thank you!

Minderwiz, can you point me at some literature on Spica conjunct points? I tried to find something on Spica conjunct descendant as in this chart but found all about planets conjunct DC or Spica conjunct planets. I find it interesting that she is conjunct the DC and she is of the nature of Venus and Mars, the significators. Is there some old text or more than one where I could dig for more on Spica and points?

Thank you.

P.S. I am careful with Venus and Sun, I didn't use them here as I don't think they would fit the situation.

Minderwiz

Reading for Talulah26

id like to know if i have any new or old love coming into my life this year?

The chart cast has Virgo rising. That makes your significator Mercury. Mercury is in Capricorn in the fifth house of Romance. So I can see that romance is on your mind. The fifth is a good placement by house but Mercury is Peregrine in Capricorn, that is it has no essential dignity at it's present location and therefore it has a low power to act, unless it has support. Support usually would come from it's ruler, in this case Saturn. However Mercury has two relatively weak mutual receptions. The first is by Triplicity with the Moon in Aquarius, and the second is by Face with the Sun, also in Aquarius. Those two planets, especially the Moon might provide useful support.

The possible partner depends on whether you are looking for long term love or simply a short term romance. I'll look at both.

A long term partner would be signified by Jupiter, which happens to be in Virgo in the first house. I have seen Astrologers who take the other person's significator in your first house to indicate that the relationship will happen.

Personally, in a speculative question like this, I would not take that position alone as indicating success. Though it does indicate the likelihood of favourable circumstances.

To be sure, I'd want to see a favourable applying aspect between Mercury and Jupiter. In this case there is a trine aspect between them but it's separating. So I don't see the significators guaranteeing success here.

The Moon is the second possibility. But in Aquarius it is not in a major aspect with either Mercury in Capricorn or Jupiter in Virgo.

So there might be a chance of a long term relatioship but I can't see it as a certainty.

The other possibility for a significator is Saturn, ruler of the fifth house of romance. Saturn is placed in Sagittarius and so does not make a major aspect to Mercury in Capricorn So once again the significators do not guarantee a favourable outcome.

But the Moon does offer some help here. The Moon is your co-signficator in horary questions and, as I pointed out earlier, there is also a mutual reception by triplicity between Moon and Mercury.

In this chart, the Moon's next aspect is to Saturn in Sagittarius and it's a sextile from Aquarius. The sextile offers a very good chance that the the short term romance will happen, especially as there is Reception between them (the Moon is received into Saturn's domicile of Aquarius and therefore Saturn is seen to 'help' the Moon (your co-significator) to achieve the desired outcome.

So, a very good chance of a short term romance (I'd say it was certain) but the long term romance is unlikely.

Attachments

• Talulah26 Feb 2016.jpg
    Talulah26 Feb 2016.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 130

Minderwiz

Reading for Talulah26

The chart cast has Virgo rising. That makes your significator Mercury. Mercury is in Capricorn in the fifth house of Romance. So I can see that romance is on your mind. The fifth is a good placement by house but Mercury is Peregrine in Capricorn, that is it has no essential dignity at it's present location and therefore it has a low power to act, unless it has support. Support usually would come from it's ruler, in this case Saturn. However Mercury has two relatively weak mutual receptions. The first is by Triplicity with the Moon in Aquarius, and the second is by Face with the Sun, also in Aquarius. Those two planets, especially the Moon might provide useful support.

The possible partner depends on whether you are looking for long term love or simply a short term romance. I'll look at both.

A long term partner would be signified by Jupiter, which happens to be in Virgo in the first house. I have seen Astrologers who take the other person's significator in your first house to indicate that the relationship will happen.

Personally, in a speculative question like this, I would not take that position alone as indicating success. Though it does indicate the likelihood of favourable circumstances.

To be sure, I'd want to see a favourable applying aspect between Mercury and Jupiter. In this case there is a trine aspect between them but it's separating. So I don't see the significators guaranteeing success here.

The Moon is the second possibility. But in Aquarius it is not in a major aspect with either Mercury in Capricorn or Jupiter in Virgo.

So there might be a chance of a long term relatioship but I can't see it as a certainty.

The other possibility for a significator is Saturn, ruler of the fifth house of romance. Saturn is placed in Sagittarius and so does not make a major aspect to Mercury in Capricorn So once again the significators do not guarantee a favourable outcome.

But the Moon does offer some help here. The Moon is your co-signficator in horary questions and, as I pointed out earlier, there is also a mutual reception by triplicity between Moon and Mercury.

In this chart, the Moon's next aspect is to Saturn in Sagittarius and it's a sextile from Aquarius. The sextile offers a very good chance that the the short term romance will happen, especially as there is Reception between them (the Moon is received into Saturn's domicile of Aquarius and therefore Saturn is seen to 'help' the Moon (your co-significator) to achieve the desired outcome.

So, a very good chance of a short term romance (I'd say it was certain) but the long term romance is unlikely.

Minderwiz

Reading for Talulah26

Bonny

Hi Minderwiz,

I asked a question (I think it was about a week in your posts) ago about my reading - is there any chance you can help me understand it?

God bless,
B:)

LittleOne

I only see 5 pages when I click on the link above? Is there something I am not doing correctly maybe? I am sorry I seem to be so lost on this...

Have you changed how many posts you can see per page? I'm pretty sure you can change the options to display different numbers of posts per page which may explain why you are seeing a different number of pages for this thread.