The Universe

Diwha

After meditating on this card, I got hooked on the stars in the outlining circle. Does anyone know if they spell a word or have some astrological formation that means something, they are even visible through the snake. Knowing the Thoth creators, they surely represent something, nothing is there for nothing......
Diwha

Strange2

Diwha said:
After meditating on this card, I got hooked on the stars in the outlining circle. Does anyone know if they spell a word or have some astrological formation that means something

Per Crowley's Book of Thoth:
"The proper method of study of this card -indeed of all, but of this especially- is long-continued meditation." So meditating on this card is quite appropriate!

Crowley continues:
"The Universe, so states the theme, is the Celebration of the Great Work accomplished. In the corners of the card are the four Kerubim showing the established Universe; about her is an ellipse composed of seventy-two circles for the quinaries of the Zodiac, the Shemhamphorasch."

From The Crowley Tarot by Akron & Hajo Banzhaf:
"The center is surrounded by a ring made of stones. More precisely, one of the seventy-two circles forming the circle that portrays the space, galaxies, and world islsands growing into infinity, all on their way to nowhere. The number seventy-two is one-fifth of the circle. At the same time it is the symbol of precision, since the fixed star firmament travels one degree further every seventy-two years, whereby a new age begins every 2160 years. For the Cabalists, seventy-two was the number of the divine name, which was either made of seventy-two letters or appeared in seventy-two forms, the entirety of which was called Shemhamphorasch (Hebrew = "the name is pronounced well")."

Hope that is more helpful than it is perplexing!

Diwha

Strange2

Thank you Strange2
Back to the drawing board for me lol
Diwha
Happy New Year

Parzival

Frieda Harris, in the booklet with the US games large edition, writes:" Around her are all the stars of the zodiac, the curved seventy-two lines stand for the quinaries and also are an attempt to convey movement and to give the fourth dimension of time." She goes on to indicate that beneath the maiden is Sullivan's chart of the chemical elements. Thus, the zodiacal firmament haloes the maiden, while physical matter is under her foot. She is in the fourth dimension, the third fallen below her. She journeys away from the finite into the infinite. Now we need to do that, or begin to understand that. Or aspire to that, rather than passively perceive the picture. Not easy for me.

Diwha

Thank You Frank

Thanks Frank
I appreciate every input I can get. Where did you get this info if I may ask. There might be another book waiting for me that could help me on my apprenticeship.
Diwha

Lillie

Regarding the number 72.

You draw a pentagram by dividing a circle into 5 sections of 72 degrees each.

Somewhere in the book of thoth, I can't find it right now, It talks about the many names of god, and how they are formed by taking 3 verses from the bible/torah and writing them one above the other, making 72 columns of 3 letters each. These three letter combinations, with the right endings form the 72 manes of god, or theangels, or something.
I have looked, I can't find the quote. But I'll look again.

Dean

The Universe - having found one's place in life.

Gareth

thanks Dean, that was exactly what I needed to hear.

Richard

The Universe - having found one's place in life.
Wow! That cuts right to the chase, doesn't it? Why bother about the fourth dimension, chemical elements, Qabalistic numbers and such? Could it have been for nought that Crowley and Harris put so much effort into the extremely complex design of this card? ;) (Rhetorical questions. Don't answer.)

Gareth

Thanks LRichard exactly what I needed to hear...

It helped me with a specific query.

Thank you for reminding me of the many layers of meaning that are present.