Ritual of the Hexagram

ravenest

t.town.troy said:
I can't remember if I had read this idea somewhere or if it may have come on a dream.
How about using rugs for magic circles?
I mean a mat of sorts, that has been prepared with the proper names etc.?
That way there could be a couple of these; one with the circle and triangle, one for general work, etc. This could be made from cloth or even thin plastic that is painted, or embroidered if you have that skill.
Just an idea... :)

Great idea! The rug could be rolled up and easily stored and is portible. My idea on temple equipment is that it all should be convertible for muti use ( eg, tables alter, thrones storage boxes seats etc) and everything should break down and fold up to fit in two camel saddlebags, ;)

The rug idea is great, I know someone that was in India and went to a rug maker. he left a Thoth 2 cups with the guy and said I want a rug with that on it, he picked it up the next day, Still got it, a great rug. Just draw up your circle and get it woven into the rug itself!!! (Oh yeah. and take a quick trip to India).

t.town.troy

Grigori said:
Or just a piece of rope and place holy names written on pieces of paper around the edges, or figurines or stones to represent same.
I like this. Certain orders use rope for symbolic reasons, so this seems a very viable option.
Grigori said:
In this clip at about 1:00 you can see a wooden version that Pole Runyon uses. Its 4 quarters of a circle that interlock when in use and fold up for storage.
Very cool. Nice and large, but as you tell it, can be folded smaller.
ravenest said:
The rug idea is great, I know someone that was in India and went to a rug maker. he left a Thoth 2 cups with the guy and said I want a rug with that on it, he picked it up the next day, Still got it, a great rug. Just draw up your circle and get it woven into the rug itself!!! (Oh yeah. and take a quick trip to India).
That two of cups rug sounds like quite a treasure. (possible image of it?)
The idea of having what you want woven into the rug is excellent. That way it would be completely permanent (won't scratch off like paint might), and if you did it yourself it would definitely be a meditative exercise of will (and hopefully skill).

Oh, sorry, back on-topic. ;)
I've found that putting a bit of attention into finding the positions of planets to enhance meditation on them.

ravenest

t.town.troy said:
I've found that putting a bit of attention into finding the positions of planets to enhance meditation on them.
Yes, I remember YEARS ago first exploring this which led to the whole tropical Vs. sidereal vs, 'actual' astrology!

Professor X

ravenest said:

I didnt even know that you could get a magic circle woven into a rug like that. It is amazing that a rug maker can have that much skill. I suppose I would need to find a rugmaker in my area with the skills to be able to do that.

Professor X

Can the rituals and pentagrams be done in a outside area??
Can I go to a park or somewhere quiet and perform them there?

Αρσιησισ

Professor X said:
Can the rituals and pentagrams be done in a outside area??
Can I go to a park or somewhere quiet and perform them there?

absolutely.

Professor X

I have a question on the Banishing of the Pentagram ritual from the Golden Dawn books where it explains this ritual in the chapter right before it talks about the Hexagram ritual.

When you perform the ritual you are suppossed to say the words "Emor Dial Hectega" .

What exactly does this mean? I think this is from the Enochian Magick language.

I would also assume that you could change the words to something different to suit your own personal tastes.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
I have a question on the Banishing of the Pentagram ritual from the Golden Dawn books where it explains this ritual in the chapter right before it talks about the Hexagram ritual.
You mean the Supreme Ritual of the Pentagram?
Professor X said:
When you perform the ritual you are suppossed to say the words "Emor Dial Hectega" .
Yes, if your intention is to invoke or banish earth using the Supreme ritual.
Professor X said:
What exactly does this mean? I think this is from the Enochian Magick language.
Yes, it's Enochian. The words are the three names of God found on the Linea Spiritus Sancti of the earth tablet. Mor - dial - hctga.
Professor X said:
I would also assume that you could change the words to something different to suit your own personal tastes.
Lots of things can be changed. But it does help if you actually know what you are changing first. ;)

Aeon418

You might find it useful to take a look at the Greater Ritual of the Pentagram in Liber O. The version that Crowley gives there is basically a stripped down version of the ritual in the Golden Dawn book. No Enochian, and no astrological symbols either.

With the information presented there a banishing earth ritual would go something like this:

1. Q.C.

2. Facing East draw the banishing passive pentagram of Spirit (White). Charge with the name, AGLA. Give the passive sign of the Portal.

3. Draw the banishing earth pentagram (Green). Charge with the name, ADNI (Adonai). Give the 1=10 sign.

4. Trace the circle round to the south and repeat steps 2 and 3. And again in the West and then the North. Finally closing the circle in the east.

5. Angels and hex as per LBRP. Before me etc.

6. Q.C.

Professor X

Thanks for the information Aeon.

Right now I am working with the Banishing of the Pentagram ritual along with the Hexagram ritual. I am doing them in conjunction with a ritual I have created for myself so I will be doing a daily combination of rituals each day.