The Tarot symbols origin

Moonstranger

Thanks to all for replying.

I think that Christianity as an "young" religion tend to get power and therefore modified all ancient knowledge for own purpose. Therefore I think that in order to get true knowledge we have to discover older religion which were based on knowledge and not on fairth.
The modern science proved the existance of human genetic code which holds all the information about the development of the humans. Perhaps there should be another "database" which has an information on the consciousness development?

Perhaps that's why Abhidharma Kosh book (v.2) says about 22 levels of consciousness, and Egyptian Book of the Dead identified 22 gods with the parts of the human body.

Perhaps 22 Majors hold a more deep knowledge that DNA?

Teheuti

And in numerology 22 is a master number. Yes, there seems to be something archetypal about the number 22, and placing the cards on a three dimensional Tree of Life and then twisting it, does oddly resemble DNA. But there is no indication that any of this had anything to do with the creation of the tarot deck. Rather the tarot has grown so that it fulfills those characteristics in our minds. It makes more sense to recognize how the human mind can make so many wondrous things out of sets of 7s and 12s and 3s and 22s. We are a pattern-making and story-telling species that thrives and evolves through assigning meaning to things. Isn't that wonderful enough?

Huck

Perhaps that's why Abhidharma Kosh book (v.2) says about 22 levels of consciousness, and Egyptian Book of the Dead identified 22 gods with the parts of the human body.

Hm ...
... could you explain, what you know about 22 parts of the human body in the Egyptian book of the dead?
As far I know, there was a scheme with 22 gods associated to 22 political regions in upper Egyptia and 20 others associated to 20 other political regions in lower Egyptia, forming together a scheme with 42 gods, which appeared as a sort of judges in the dead book scenario. The soul had to call the gods and testify, that it didn't sin during life in specific aspects.
Each region had a special "heraldic sign", mostly an animal, and these signs are said to have been presented at the top of the temples.

Moonstranger

I'm based on the knowledge which has been explained by Maitreya. He states that Major Arcana Tarot is the composition of the initial world of creation (causal world). He also stated that the modern Arcana Tarot are drawn the way reflecting the material world. In subtle (astral) world they have more precise shapes but their full meaning could be opened only in the causal world. In that world the true meaning of numbers is revealed also. What concerns Egyptian Book of the Dead - on his site it is stated that it's been written in a quite simple manner, while I cannot understand it and treat it as a quite complex manuscript.

I have just knew that he was born in Siberia (Asia), but since early childhood lives in Ukraine (the center of Europe)...

Titadrupah

I'm based on the knowledge which has been explained by Maitreya.

Hello Moonstranger. Did you know that in the Buddhist tradition, Maitreya is the name given to the next Buddha to come? He is supposed to be reborn here on Earth after a long era of spiritual darkness.

nicky

I think that in order to get true knowledge we have to discover older religion which were based on knowledge and not on fairth.

Knowledge as in facts? What religion would that be?

Moonstranger

Hello Moonstranger. Did you know that in the Buddhist tradition, Maitreya is the name given to the next Buddha to come? He is supposed to be reborn here on Earth after a long era of spiritual darkness.

Hello Titadrupah, Buddha did not say anything about the last Buddha, as the number of Buddhas should be around 49 during our Era (as far as I was told by some Indian researches of the ancient texts).
I know that Buddha has predicted the next one to come and his name - Maitreya. I do not care about the time, perhaps Maitreya I was referring to is the one.

Moonstranger

Knowledge as in facts? What religion would that be?

I meant the actual knowledge about how the world is been built in truth. This knowledge existed in the religions which taught that God can not be born or die and he can not be a threefold or whatsoever one. God is single, eternal and infinite.

nicky

I meant the actual knowledge about how the world is been built in truth. This knowledge existed in the religions which taught that God can not be born or die and he can not be a threefold or whatsoever one. God is single, eternal and infinite.

And religions that taught otherwise are incorrect?

gregory

Not to rain on the parade - but that does assume a belief in a god - one which I don't actually share.

That being so - I don't think ANY religion can say it is factually true.