The Tarot symbols origin

kwaw

I meant the actual knowledge about how the world is been built in truth. This knowledge existed in the religions which taught that God can not be born or die and he can not be a threefold or whatsoever one. God is single, eternal and infinite.

How does that fit in with (what some consider) the triune nature of the tarot trumps - or the fact that the imagery predominantly reflects christianity (with its triune conception of the godhead) and can you clarify what you think it has it to do with tarot history? What is the 'factual' basis of defining the divine as 'he'? I think you are confusing 'knowledge' with speculation - if there is any religion that comes close to a foundation in 'knowledge' I suppose there is some argument for that branch of buddhism which strictly rejects speculation on 'unknowables' such as g-d(s) or an afterlife...??? Even then it maybe considered something of a stretch, but it depends upon your definition of 'knowledge'. It strikes me that a statement that the 'world is built in truth' is an abstraction founded in faith (or hope) rather than fact (or knowledge), but what do I know...

not a lot, close to nothing, actually.

Confusedly yours,
kwaw

Titadrupah

I suppose there is some argument for that branch of buddhism which strictly rejects speculation on 'unknowables' such as g-d(s) or an afterlife...???
kwaw

Not on an afterlife, since rebirth is one of the core teachings of Buddhism, but rejection on questions such as: Is there a beginning? Is there an end? Who created the world? Those questions are seen like futile and conducive to madness. : )

kwaw

Not on an afterlife, since rebirth is one of the core teachings of Buddhism, :

Thanks for the enlightenment:)

Candles
by C.P. Cavafy

Days to come stand in front of us
like a row of lighted candles—
golden, warm, and vivid candles.

Days gone by fall behind us,
a gloomy line of snuffed-out candles;
the nearest are smoking still,
cold, melted, and bent.

I don’t want to look at them: their shape saddens me,
and it saddens me to remember their original light.
I look ahead at my lighted candles.

I don’t want to turn for fear of seeing, terrified,
how quickly that dark line gets longer,
how quickly the snuffed-out candles proliferate.

Translated by Edmund Keeley/Philip Sherrard

Kwaw
aka: Le fou, thee versifying fool, a windbag
(with a fine pair of bellows - puffffff pufffff).

Moonstranger

Nowadays the Arcana Tarot are painted and popularized from the point of view of European Christianity. The Bible has been rewritten so many times that now it is a book of fragmentary knowledge.

But the devoutness is an inner feature of the soul as the love, wisdom, fortitude and so forth. While a religion is a form of expressing the religious views of a human. The religion has nothing to do with a faith (believe). By certain point of time the semi-initiated people have established Christianity but the knowledge they used was from Egyptian and Greek religions mainly. The same happened with Buddhism, but it has less distortions comparing to Christianity. Perhaps because in India the method of cognizing the unknowable by meditation had been developed in details – the mind is cleared and starts perceiving the subtle world. If someone does not see a subtle world this person cannot state that he/she knows it. Except of real prophets.

I know not too much, but I esteem these small things I know and understand...

Yygdrasilian

Exegesis

The use of a11egory in the Biblical texts of ancient mythology refer to a particular means of realizing the Letters in which they are written as a unified whole. Tarot functions as a cipher for accessing this system of knowledge ‘hidden’ in plain sight. The cards' iconography a11ude to the Letters' shared context as a mandala preserving the mystery tradition which gave rise to the Great Pyramid of Khnum-khufu.

But is it an elixir of memory & wisdom?

kwaw

Nowadays the Arcana Tarot are painted and popularized from the point of view of European Christianity.

I would say originally the images and themes of the tarot reflected a Western European (catholic) Christian viewpoint - nowadays they may reflect paganism or some reconstructed variation of such, or sufism, or kabbalah or an occultists variant thereof, or feminism, or vampires, or cats, or cartoonish woman with big boobies...

Moonstranger

If we try to look to the oldest mystical source in the Earth - Rigveda, we can read at Mandala X, Hymn LXXII:

3 Existence, in the earliest age of Gods, from Non-existence sprang.
Thereafter were the regions born. This sprang from the Productive Power.

In original text the Productive Power literally written as the creature with the lags oriented upwards. This is the confirmation of much older origin of this symbol/archetype comparing to the Byblical texts.
I would say that the Hanged Man is the consciousness of the individual (immortal) ego. Hanged Man is also a First Vayu. The symbol of the Productive Power is phallus, which was cut by sun of the god resulting the falling into the material world.
I think that the main problem of our society is that the main attention is paid to the development of intellect (the tool) and not to the meditative cognition of the human soul.

kwaw

If we try to look to the oldest mystical source in the Earth - Rigveda, we can read at Mandala X, Hymn LXXII:

3 Existence, in the earliest age of Gods, from Non-existence sprang.
Thereafter were the regions born. This sprang from the Productive Power.

In original text the Productive Power literally written as the creature with the lags oriented upwards. This is the confirmation of much older origin of this symbol/archetype comparing to the Byblical texts.
I would say that the Hanged Man is the consciousness of the individual (immortal) ego. Hanged Man is also a First Vayu. The symbol of the Productive Power is phallus, which was cut by sun of the god resulting the falling into the material world.

I haven't the foggiest idea what any of the above has to do with the history of the tarot - perhaps you could clarify that?
I think that the main problem of our society is that the main attention is paid to the development of intellect (the tool) and not to the meditative cognition of the human soul.
I think the main problem is more to do with the maintaining the authenticity of one's personal viewpoint/ego/self-righteous 'specialness', however much it is denied by facts. Again, I have no idea how your above statement in any way reflects or advances our understanding or knowledge of the history of tarot?

Moonstranger

I thought so that it's just a matter of time that the author I was reffering to starts to publish arcana images... Finally he did- you may look at the pictures at http://swarga.com.ua/index.php?lang=en.

Honestly speaking, I did not know that the Moon Arcana could be explained as a sacrifice, but he explains it with the connection to the ancient sources.

Aleksandra

but still who is the Joker?

It is interesting..As they used to say in the ancient times the arcanas are the way of both microcosmos and macrocosmos. I understood from the picture that the Joker makes a step from the Snake's head (on the blog "Gods"). But the author explained only the arcana Moon as the sacrifice. Still from the point of view of the Gods who is the Joker?