Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Penthasilia

I received the Steele wizard- and decided to keep the inner borders after I trimmed the large black outer borders. I do love it. :D

Lifeisabutterfly

I am so happy to hear you love your Steele Wizard tarot! It is indeed one of the most special decks, IMHO, out there. It's done with feeling, spirit and heart. Your deck must look really nice trimmed...would be great to see the cards after their trip to the salon...hint hint....

Lifeisabutterfly

I recently took the borders off my Cosmic Tarot! While the cards look great I'm not so sure I am bonding with this deck...idk. Anyway, I will contribute some index pix to this awesome thread!

I trimmed mine too and since the trimming always seems to produce a vivifying effect upon the cards well! it seems to have been like a shot in the arm for this deck--the 8 of wands is positively manic now lol! I had to put mine away in a nice dark drawer where it could rest...I was a bit scared after...

Penthasilia

I am so happy to hear you love your Steele Wizard tarot! It is indeed one of the most special decks, IMHO, out there. It's done with feeling, spirit and heart. Your deck must look really nice trimmed...would be great to see the cards after their trip to the salon...hint hint....

LOL- geez, wonder what that hint is about :D

My scanner is on the fritz unfortunately- but they look exactly the same as the other that had the inner border kept (the thread on the SW). I do like them, haven't used them much as I am doing an IDS with my Maat. I will see how I feel after I play with them awhile. I think I will be keeping the inner borders, but if my mind changes it is nice to see how you did yours with cutting out the inner borders as well :p

Lifeisabutterfly

Yes, I absolutely adore my "pocket edition" it makes my heart sing every time I take them out for a run which is quite often now. To me one of the benefits of having trimmed them apart from the renewed enjoyment of the artwork is the fact that I can actually shuffle them now. I removed some of the extra court cards which I am using as bookmarks and kept one completely untrimmed--whenever I see it I am always amazed at how huge it is lol! (I just felt it was better for me in long run not to have so many court cards although I know that some versions of the Visconti also have male/female pages--they are nice but...)

Wee_Gypsy

So I got the guts to trim my Llewellyn Deck!

Thanks, AJ for starting this thread, and of course everyone that posted pics of their decks that they modified :)

This thread is a great point of refference! and very helpful...

I had always heard of people trimming their tarot cards, and knew how to do it, but didnt know what they would turn out like, so I did end up trimming my Llewellyn deck with a corner punch and sanded the edges a bit after the cards were all trimmed down. Shuffled them a bit, to see how they felt with the edges, size ect.. I just left the pics, no boarders or titles, because I felt the big boarders took away from the watercolor type paintings on the cards, because the boarders being a beige color, they blended to much with the bueatiful pics inside, plus I didnt need the boarders, this deck pretty much sticks to the RWS system (or bassically is) and I have used it many times to.

They turned out great :)

Thank you everyone, I will be using this thread in the future for refference

AJ

Hi Wee Gypsy, welcome to AT!

the Llewellyn is one of my favorite decks, I'm glad you choose to make yours personal to your use and are happy with the result.

Lifeisabutterfly

I too trimmed have this forum to thank!
BTW I trimmed the Llewellyn deck as well after seeing the pics here and it made all the difference in the world. I couldnt understand why I wasn't connecting with this deck since it's based on one of my favourite themes ever, so near and dear to my heart. After trimming, in which I kept only the bottom border--yes, I agree, no need for titles with this deck, BUT for the sake of not ending up with postage stamps for cards I just kept them...after trimming (takes deep breath after long ramble) I used them in a professional reading for people whom I'd never met--which is always a bit of a challenge initially and I was so impressed by the accuracy and vision these newly trimmed cards so generously provided for me.
And as for the newly freed artwork--devine!

Kissa

anybody trimming their Joie de Vivre yet?
feel free to beat me to it (I am slooooow) but it's worth it :)

Thanks AJ for cleaning up & massively updating the old thread, you did a hell of a job.

PS: love the crow avatar :) :)

Briar Rose

I thought about trimming those titles right off! But then I am chicken!

I've trimmed decks before. I might do it if some one else does it first and posts pictures.