Need Eudes Picard minors meanings

magpie9

I'm looking for keywords (or more) for the Eudes Picard Minors so I can read the Universal Writh and Crystal Tarots as they were intended. I have the LWB's for both, and are are not always in agreement with each other. At All! I know there are some other decks that use this system, too..does anyone know if LoS's Medieval tarot is one of these?
Can someone please direct me to someplace where I can get the Picard keyword etc information?

Mods, I know this might not be the right place for this inquiry, but I don't know the right one.This is my Best Guess. Please move this thread to where it belongs, Thanks.

Teheuti

The Picard interpretations appear in English in The Encyclopedia of Occult Sciences by M.C. Poinsot (1939), which was reprinted as The Complete Book of the Occult and Fortune Telling (1945). I believe the former is available for download at one of those sites where you have to give them all your private info.

kwaw

Sceptres.

Ace.-A hand holds a sceptre surmounted with an orb, the whole surrounded by flames .
Idea of action, of will, of command.
Sign - Letter, Command, Edict, Decree .

Two.-They are crossed above a moderate fire transforming damp into steam. In the middle of the figure some ears of corn, at the top grapes.
Sign - Co-operation, alliance of forces for the purpose of production.

Three.-They are arranged in a triangle . In the centre the caduceus. At the top a dog's head. Around hazelnut trees. All these are attributes of Mercury. Hence :-
Sign-The start of a life devoted to intellectual or commercial activity.

Four.-Arranged in a square supported by a lion. Ears of corn in the centre. Strength and Fertility.
Sign-Intellectual fulfilment.

Five.-Arranged in flaming pentagram (great moral activity) .
Sign-Ambition, Irritability.

Six.-Arranged in two opposing triangles, one point towards the sky, one towards the earth . Again ears of corn, but their roots are gnawed by ghosts*, whilst on the horizon shines the rising sun .
Sign-Laziness and work alternating.

Seven.-Four set in a square and three in a triangle above . The four elements within the square. The risen sun within the triangle. Victory of mind over matter.
Sign-Invention.

Eight.-They are set in a star ; flames at the bottom of the picture, smoke at the top. Balance.
Sign-Poise. Surroundings favourable to life. The zone of exchanges. Commercial transactions.

Nine.-Four set in a square below 5 set in pentagram. Within the square a lamp engraved with the sign of fire. Above flames.
Signs-Prudence and foresight, experience and lucky speculations, a period of rest from action.

Ten.-Set in a flaming star.
Signs-Excessive activity . Work of genius. Harvests and travel.

Squire.-Kneeling down, he plants a sceptre into the ground not far away from a wood fire. Sign of dependence, and also of youth, as is the case with the other three squires of the Taroc.
Sign-Love of home, or youth having subordinate employment with an influential person.

Knight.-Galloping in the fire. On the right a ram, the first sign of the triangle of fire. At the bottom a helmet (as in the three other leaves of knights of cups, swords, pence).
Signs-Adult and unmarried-artist, actor, writer, stockbroker getting known early.

Queen.-She holds a flaming sceptre, standing on an arrow (sagittarius, second sign of fire) .
Sign-Educated active artistic woman, or wife of scientist, artist or business man.

King.-Standing on a lion in the midst of flames, a sceptre in his hand, before a railing bearing the attributes of fire.
Sign-Genius or great talent in all branches of activity.

end quote from: The Encyclopdia of Occult Sciences - Poinsot.

I can copy the rest if you want - but the original French transcribed by Kenji in the link I gave above together with Firemaiden's translation is more complete!

Kwaw
* 'ghosts' is a mistranslation - it should be larvae. However, as larvae also means ghosts, in the context of a reading one might occassionally read it that way, if it suits the context.

kenji

Hi. I happen to have found this thread...

The Picard interpretations appear in English in The Encyclopedia of Occult Sciences by M.C. Poinsot (1939), which was reprinted as The Complete Book of the Occult and Fortune Telling (1945). I believe the former is available for download at one of those sites where you have to give them all your private info.

There is an earlier version, which I believe to be the first:
"THE BOOK OF FATE AND FORTUNE: AN ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF THE OCCULT SCIENCES" (Published in London by Grant Richards at Number Eight Regent Street S.W.1 in the year 1932)
894dce900435f0a308bb7b188b4bf8d7.jpg
6a759a0d0dfbb5d4ff9197a16c511e2d.jpg

BTW, this title predates Thomson-Leng deck (1935) by 3 years, so it must have been one of the foundations of the mysterious deck.

magpie9

I want to thank you all for the help....I'm amazed at the response I got. I wish someone who was qualified would publish a book with all the different systems card meanings in it, for people like me. Hey, there could be money in that!I also wish LoS and others would include the Name of the system a particular deck is based on in its' LWB. It would sure make them a lot more useful.
Anyway, many many thanks....I now have what I need to do this thing.

kwaw

Thanks Kenji - that was the book I was quoting from. Note the error on the pictures, the world is called fool and given to shin, the fool is called the world...

kenji

Hi kwaw. It is always great to read your brilliant comments:)

Thanks Kenji - that was the book I was quoting from. Note the error on the pictures, the world is called fool and given to shin, the fool is called the world...

Yes, and the tower is "The Madhouse"...;)
(BTW the French original published in1925 has no such errors, of course.)

Teheuti

(BTW the French original published in1925 has no such errors, of course.)
Kenji - In the French original, is the Fool still the last card, Tav and the World is Shin? In other words, are the pictures correct and it's just the English card labels that are wrong?

kenji

Hi Mary,
Here's a pic of the French original:)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393002699.363076.jpg