Eileen Connolly book, 1995 edition

Marshal

Tarot the complete handbook for the apprentice
Hi

I'm just starting to read this book and I have come across an article.i don't understand and seem to be in conflict with

Anyone else got this edition of this book,

The article is on pg 19 chart 2' minor sequence table.

Wands-summer-June, July, August-Taurus-fire-south
Cups-Spring-March-April-may-Leo-water-west
Swords-Autumn-sept-October-Nov-Scorpio-air-north
Pentacles-winter-Dec-Jan-Feb-Aquarius-earth-east

I thought pentacles, Earth, Taurus Virgo capricorn
Swords. Air. Gemini, libra, Aquarius
Cups. Water. Cancer, Scorpio, pisces
Wands. Fire. Aries, Leo, sag

Or am I away on one

Many thanx
Marshal

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Marshal!

There are many different systems for associating Suits with seasons and elements and months and zodiac signs and directions. And they're all right. If the associations she uses don't resonate with you, then stick with your own. But you're going to have to do some recalculating of her world view to fit your world view.

For example, if she says some trait fits a particular card because of a particular association, then you're going to have to figure out which card that trait fits in your system of associations.

Rodney

Marshal

Thanx Rodney reply appreciated,,,I'm starting to feel maybe this book is way above my wheelhouse. a bit unsuitable for my studies

Can some books feel like that

I've read about10 books this month, and only get that feeling with this particular book.

Maybe il skip a bit and see how I get on, before I condemn it, maybe that way I decifer some info from it

rwcarter

Thanx Rodney reply appreciated,,,I'm starting to feel maybe this book is way above my wheelhouse. a bit unsuitable for my studies

Can some books feel like that

I've read about10 books this month, and only get that feeling with this particular book.

Maybe il skip a bit and see how I get on, before I condemn it, maybe that way I decifer some info from it
What doesn't resonate at this point in your tarot journey may resonate at a later time. I had Mary Greer's Tarot Constellations for over a decade before it clicked for me and then I devoured the whole thing.

I have Connolly's book series, but haven't done more than glance through it to be honest.

Rodney

Marshal

What doesn't resonate at this point in your tarot journey may resonate at a later time. I had Mary Greer's Tarot Constellations for over a decade before it clicked for me and then """""I devoured the whole thing.""""

I have Connolly's book series, but haven't done more than glance through it to be honest.

Rodney

""""That statement made me laugh,,,as my father relates his gluten free bread to eating paper,,byproduct and cardboard,'same taste' he says

Il never forget that book now and will always associate with these things

Yes the book has been placed on my bookshelf and I've moved onto another, for now

NatKat

Tarot the complete handbook for the apprentice
Hi

I'm just starting to read this book and I have come across an article.i don't understand and seem to be in conflict with

Anyone else got this edition of this book,

The article is on pg 19 chart 2' minor sequence table.

Wands-summer-June, July, August-Taurus-fire-south
Cups-Spring-March-April-may-Leo-water-west
Swords-Autumn-sept-October-Nov-Scorpio-air-north
Pentacles-winter-Dec-Jan-Feb-Aquarius-earth-east

I thought pentacles, Earth, Taurus Virgo capricorn

Or am I away on one

Many thanx
Marshal

Hello,
This book was my first tarot book ever - like 38 years ago!
YOU are correct in terms of suits / elements / zodiac.
Possibly there is a typo in the book?
I no longer own this book so I can't check my notes. I think it finally disintegrated after years of use };>

Also be aware that there are several different ways of associating suits with seasons etc. There is a recent thread on this called "Aces as Seasonal timing cards & suits" (or something like that). That thread discusses the different schools of thought about assigning seasons to suits.

But astrologically speaking ... YOU are definitely correct.
pentacles, Earth, Taurus Virgo capricorn

Marshal

Hello,
This book was my first tarot book ever - like 38 years ago!
YOU are correct in terms of suits / elements / zodiac.
Possibly there is a typo in the book?
I no longer own this book so I can't check my notes. I think it finally disintegrated after years of use };>

Also be aware that there are several different ways of associating suits with seasons etc. There is a recent thread on this called "Aces as Seasonal timing cards & suits" (or something like that). That thread discusses the different schools of thought about assigning seasons to suits.

But astrologically speaking ... YOU are definitely correct.
pentacles, Earth, Taurus Virgo capricorn
Thanx Natkat,,it must just be a book error,

I've read about the association with suits and the seasons and the cardinal fixed and mutable, movement through the seasons. Il have a look at the thread.
Thank for the confirmation about the Astro aspect