6 of pentacles question...

Virgo26

The 6/pentacles has been following me in my daily reads. Could be a situation or an action. How does the 6 of Pents relate to more meditative cards like the Hermit and the Hanged Man. I've done a couple of spreads to see what message it wants to convey or what to focus on and it's pointed to those (in different spreads, but the message seems similar).

I know the 6/Pents is about balance, giving or receiving, depending on the figure you represent. I'm always drawn to the one that's doling out the money. My guess is that the 6/pentacles is telling me about an imbalance of some kind and what I should be investing in instead. So 6/Pents + The Hanged Man = giving time to looking at a different perspective. 6/Pents + the Hermit = it wants me to focus more on nourishing my inner self than worrying about money. Using RWS, as usual.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: YOUR interpretations of these Five Cards?

Greetings, Virgo26

As per our rules, you must answer your own question about ALL these cards before others can chime in.

If you had just asked about how the 6/Pentacles is meditative card, like the Hermit/Hanged Man, unrelated to any readings, then you would be fine. But you've pointed out that you are asking this because all these cards have come up in readings. And your one, general interpretation is not enough. Is it just for the 6/Pents? What about all the others? We need to know what you think about *each one.*

The rule is: If you mention a card(s) from a reading, YOU MUST INTERPRET IT/THEM. See here for more:UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF TILL VIRGO26 HAS PROVIDED INTERPRETATIONS.

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

Virgo26

Right. Sorry about that. I was being general because I thought they meant similar things but I've updated the post so it's less ambiguous, removed the 5/swords reference because that was just an aside and the HP! Hope it's suitable.

Thirteen

Thank you for your interpretations. They're great!

Thirteen

Time to act

In regards to your general question about balance, remember that the Pents suit doesn't always relate to money or possessions. It can relate to health or being part of a community. So 6/Pents could mean restoring a balance to your health, like giving up on too much of something you have for something you have too little of (like too much exercise for some fun and rest which has been "in need" like the beggar there). Likewise, it could mean being more social or part of your community which is in need of you.

As for the Hermit and Hanged Man, I think you might not be seeing what they're really saying. Meditation is not the goal of these cards. The goal is to *use* meditation to become better informed and serve others. The Hermit is solitary so he can investigate. But once he has all the facts and evidence, he'll return to the world and give it to others. The Hanged Man is seeing the world from a new perspective, but, likewise, will return to the world to give this perspective to others once he's done. Both are removed from the world--observing it rather than acting in it. Both have sacrificed something to be there--meaning they gave something away to gain this insight. And both plan on giving something back to the world once they're done.

The 6/Pents, by compare, is the action AFTER the meditation. The actual giving back. I think all those other cards might be saying, "You've had enough time to meditate on this, to investigate, to make up your mind..." The 6/Pents seems to be saying, "Time to act. Do what you know needs to be done." Meaning, take what you've learned and restore that balance in the *physical* world. Both to that which needs it, and to yourself. Being Pents, you may do so slowly and with consideration. But it's still an "action" card.

Virgo26

In regards to your general question about balance, remember that the Pents suit doesn't always relate to money or possessions. It can relate to health or being part of a community. So 6/Pents could mean restoring a balance to your health, like giving up on too much of something you have for something you have too little of (like too much exercise for some fun and rest which has been "in need" like the beggar there). Likewise, it could mean being more social or part of your community which is in need of you.

As for the Hermit and Hanged Man, I think you might not be seeing what they're really saying. Meditation is not the goal of these cards. The goal is to *use* meditation to become better informed and serve others. The Hermit is solitary so he can investigate. But once he has all the facts and evidence, he'll return to the world and give it to others. The Hanged Man is seeing the world from a new perspective, but, likewise, will return to the world to give this perspective to others once he's done. Both are removed from the world--observing it rather than acting in it. Both have sacrificed something to be there--meaning they gave something away to gain this insight. And both plan on giving something back to the world once they're done.

The 6/Pents, by compare, is the action AFTER the meditation. The actual giving back. I think all those other cards might be saying, "You've had enough time to meditate on this, to investigate, to make up your mind..." The 6/Pents seems to be saying, "Time to act. Do what you know needs to be done." Meaning, take what you've learned and restore that balance in the *physical* world. Both to that which needs it, and to yourself. Being Pents, you may do so slowly and with consideration. But it's still an "action" card.

Hi Thirteen. Thanks for your perspective. I guess because I saw the 6 of Pents followed by one of those cards I didn't really think of it the other way around. I know that's one thing I grapple with at times, actually doing something with my thoughts or insights once I have them. eg, when it comes to social media... a lot of stuff going on but im always hesitant to say anything about it.

headincloud

All 3 are very spiritual cards, I'd assume you're very giving of your time and attention to others when asked and the 6 may be showing you spending time on your spiritual journey and tarot reading etc. More than likely have spiritual guidance which you're beginning to tap into.

You may also have recently made a sacrifice for the sake of a higher good in the hanged man and the 6 sees you getting what you deserve in return. May be spending time alone too more than usual as they're contemplation cards.

Virgo26

All 3 are very spiritual cards, I'd assume you're very giving of your time and attention to others when asked and the 6 may be showing you spending time on your spiritual journey and tarot reading etc. More than likely have spiritual guidance which you're beginning to tap into.

You may also have recently made a sacrifice for the sake of a higher good in the hanged man and the 6 sees you getting what you deserve in return. May be spending time alone too more than usual as they're contemplation cards.

Hey. I do tend to spend more time on others and now especially being a stay at home and in our own place it's more time with just me and the baby. With that being said its mostly time on mundane things and not so much the spiritual. Trying to add that a bit more to my day and then I guess it's what Thirteen said, putting those insights to use.

Grizabella

My first thought on the 6 of Pentacles is that maybe you or your husband has forgotten to pay a bill. The Hanged Man and Hermit reflect your stay-at-home status. Being a mom, you're very busy giving and giving and giving (Hanged Man) and you're somewhat isolated from what the rest of the world is doing (Hermit).

These cards might also be indicating that you need to give some time to your own needs. Just for you and nobody else kind of thing where you aren't somebody's wife or somebody's mom, you're just you and can remember some of the interests you had outside of motherhood and wifedom. Give to yourself for a change instead of having to give to others. Husbands and babies are wonderful and we love them dearly, but our own needs get put on the back burner a lot and that can lead to burn out.

Just as an incidental thought, the 6 of Pentacles can even mean putting money in a parking meter. :)