Reading rooms

MadeiraDarling

That is one lavish bedroom. I wouldn't want to get out of bed! I think I would lose my cards in there, though.

When I do readings online I always take a photo of the spread for people & before I gussied up the whole room I would just make a 'spot' & add my candles & reading mats & all that for an ambient "photograph"....OH, and I'm working on possibly reading cards as a part of a mystery murder night - I'd love to set up a room in 'period' & be the reader in a storyline - wouldn't that be FUN??? It may not happen but here's hoping.

I usually pull the covers back and do my spread and then keep my cards on my laptop keyboard to refer to as I interpret because I'm a mess lol

lantana

Reading room... That's the dream, huh? :)

I only have one room to myself, so most of my readings are done in my bed or at my altar. Sometimes I'll do them on the desk in the living room or outside if no one else is around.

violetdaisy

Oh to have a room to myself....any room....I share my bedroom. My daughter has more personal space in this house than I do lol. When I'm doing a reading, if it's nice enough out I set up in our beat-up sunroom. I can sit so my view is pretty nice. I like having 3 walls of windows and a yard with trees.

But when it's not at least 65 degrees Celsius in there with natural daylight; it's the Kitchen table. I can block all of my surroundings out - I have to so I've had plenty of practice.

Some day we're going to make that sunroom usable most of the year but we have to send electrical to it and give it real walls lol. Then. It will be Mine, all mine... With a small wood-burning stove for the cold months. But maybe no air conditioning so some of the sweltering days in July/August may be a no-go.

Ruby Jewel

Oh to have a room to myself....any room....I share my bedroom. My daughter has more personal space in this house than I do lol. When I'm doing a reading, if it's nice enough out I set up in our beat-up sunroom. I can sit so my view is pretty nice. I like having 3 walls of windows and a yard with trees.

But when it's not at least 65 degrees Celsius in there with natural daylight; it's the Kitchen table. I can block all of my surroundings out - I have to so I've had plenty of practice.

Some day we're going to make that sunroom usable most of the year but we have to send electrical to it and give it real walls lol. Then. It will be Mine, all mine... With a small wood-burning stove for the cold months. But maybe no air conditioning so some of the sweltering days in July/August may be a no-go.

Your sunroom sounds wonderful. What are you waiting for...get an oil lamp and the wood burning stove will give it so much ambiance....put up curtains or even blankets for walls until you get some. Maybe some sheers from the 2nd hand shop for the windows....You can put a fan in there and run it on an extension cord, and also a lamp.

Thoughtful

l am lucky enough to have a dedicated therapy/reading room, but l am not so lucky in the tech department to know how to get a photo here :confused:

GotH

Ah such inspiration! Loved the pics but I'll have to wait until one of the kids moves out of the house before I can commandeer the spot. I would however LOVE to someday have my very own gypsy wagon! (Google Gypsy Wagons) I could park it at the festivals or street fairs and do my readings from there. Maybe someday..

Morwenna

I keep thinking about the corner of our bedroom between dressers and bookcases, where I could set up, sort of... But the surface would have to be portable so I could access the drawers, and low enough that opening the window in the summer wouldn't disturb anything. Or better yet, move it in the summer to the other window where the radiator is, which isn't being used in the summer. A movable site! Unfortunately the view from those windows is of the driveway and the building next door... I hesitate to plan for the spare room because it's the catchall, and sewing room, and computer room... and in the living room I'd have to compete with hubby and the TV... the dining room would be nice if we didn't keep using the table for a pantry...

Guess for now I'll stick with the bed. :)

Ruby Jewel

Ah such inspiration! Loved the pics but I'll have to wait until one of the kids moves out of the house before I can commandeer the spot. I would however LOVE to someday have my very own gypsy wagon! (Google Gypsy Wagons) I could park it at the festivals or street fairs and do my readings from there. Maybe someday..

They are called "gypsy vardos"....and there are some fabulous ones on Utube and Google. I found an old 1969 17' trailer that needed a lot of work and bought it for $400. I have been working on it right along now for over a year and have everything working, including a kitchen. I'm going to paint the inside Ruby Jewel (dark wine) with chocolate brown trim and some "Butter Cream" highlights...maybe put black and white tiles down. Just recently bought a pickup so I can now haul it. And that is what I am planning to do. Hoping to get up to Crestone, CO in the summer for the Bluegrass festival...maybe even take it on the road as a retirement life with my social security, portrait painting and jewelry making to make extra $$ along with tarot. Meantime, when I finish it, I will set it up to do readings in. I live on a highway which is one of the main migration routes for the Snowbirds....maybe I'll even join them after I sell everything I own in this 10-room house. We are such dreamers aren't we....I say dream on and dream as big as you can, cause it will come true.

Ruby Jewel

I keep thinking about the corner of our bedroom between dressers and bookcases, where I could set up, sort of... But the surface would have to be portable so I could access the drawers, and low enough that opening the window in the summer wouldn't disturb anything. Or better yet, move it in the summer to the other window where the radiator is, which isn't being used in the summer. A movable site! Unfortunately the view from those windows is of the driveway and the building next door... I hesitate to plan for the spare room because it's the catchall, and sewing room, and computer room... and in the living room I'd have to compete with hubby and the TV... the dining room would be nice if we didn't keep using the table for a pantry...

Guess for now I'll stick with the bed. :)

The way I solve a dilemma like that is to move everything out of the spot I want and then I create it just the way I dreamed it. All the junk I moved out of that room or spot then has to find a new home. If I can't find a home for it in my house, I give it to someone who can find room in theirs. It works.

GotH

They are called "gypsy vardos"....and there are some fabulous ones on Utube and Google. I found an old 1969 17' trailer that needed a lot of work and bought it for $400. I have been working on it right along now for over a year and have everything working, including a kitchen. I'm going to paint the inside Ruby Jewel (dark wine) with chocolate brown trim and some "Butter Cream" highlights...maybe put black and white tiles down. Just recently bought a pickup so I can now haul it. And that is what I am planning to do. Hoping to get up to Crestone, CO in the summer for the Bluegrass festival...maybe even take it on the road as a retirement life with my social security, portrait painting and jewelry making to make extra $$ along with tarot. Meantime, when I finish it, I will set it up to do readings in. I live on a highway which is one of the main migration routes for the Snowbirds....maybe I'll even join them after I sell everything I own in this 10-room house. We are such dreamers aren't we....I say dream on and dream as big as you can, cause it will come true.

:laugh: That's awesome! I really loved reading this post. I'm the kind of person who has a way of making things happen if I REALLY want them to so I'm kind of careful with what I dream big with. Making this idea a dream come true for myself would cause some other things in my life to go in a different direction so what I think I'd be most happy with is watching a FRIEND make this dream come true and I'll come to her for an occasional reading in her "vardo!" Yeah, I just wanna come in and visit one for a little while. :) With that... All this talk and searching online about this subject has given me some inspiration about a possible book/movie. Now to make THIS idea a dream come true is more in line with who I really am. :) I'd better get to work on it.

I hope you come back and post pics when it is finished.