Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Luna's Crone

Yes, that Haindl did nothing for me either. It said nothing at all and I was very disappointed to see that the 2 books it took to explain the card meanings would set me back a small fortune.

its one book now. i bought it as a study deck for when i have time, a word i don't even understand anymore

Luna's Crone

That's exactly what happened to me. Faeries' Oracle was the very first divination deck I ever bought, and I can't connect with it to this day... Love Froud's art, though, so I don't regret the purchase.

On the plus side, the fact that I couldn't jive with the Faeries was what drove me to Tarot :D

when i get really depressed and really lonely i get out my faeries deck and go thru them and usually find one that i can do verbal journaling with. sounds weird, but we are talking tarot here.

Luna's Crone

I preferred the long, soft, feminine hippie blouses and skirts from India, like in the Crystal Visions deck, and wore my hair loose and flowing.

i dressed like that when i was young and i still dress like that now and i am in my sixties. there is one exception, i still love my skinny jeans and spiked heal boots. and yes i look ridiculous. but at least i can. and I still go galloping maddly over hills on my horses too. LOL but not with spiked hills or dresses.

Achlys

hmmm the Geiger is a bit weird, quite can't make out the one card on here.
I'm assuming you mean the Baphomet Tarot of the Underworld?
Honestly I've found that to be a gorgeous deck, but the symbolism is completely different and it takes on a much darker edge.

I honestly regret the Gendron Tarot. Everyone I know raves about it, but I just can't stand the artwork. The backings are pretty but the deck itself doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I try reading with it but it just doesn't work >.>

LauraKai

The Jonathan Dee deck, which was the first deck I ever bought (I didn't buy another until several years later). I got nothing from it and the artwork made no sense to me.

and

The Fantastical Tarot. I saw it on AT and found it intriguing, but it didn't appeal to me at all when I had it in my hands.

Interestingly, a friend of mine took a liking to both of these decks, took them off my hands, and really enjoyed them. *shrugs*

Myrrha

I don't regret any of my tarot purchases. Usually I can find a reading method of approach that works with a deck and enjoy it at least for a while.

There are a few decks that really should have worked out better than they did. I regret the "near miss" experience I had with them.

Place Vampire Tarot - the court cards are too intellectualized, something overly cold and precise about the deck.

Cosmic Tarot - I loved the imagery, studied it. I understand some of the hard-to-understand cards in the deck. Eventually I had to admit it still doesn't really work as a reading deck for me. Maybe there isn't enough feeling in some of the images.

Sweet Twighlight - this should have worked well as there is a real emotional tone to the deck and it is quite different from RWS imagery. I really hated the "hippie" vibe some of the cards had and it ruined the deck for me.

Lisa Hunt Fairy Tale Tarot - I love fairy tales. At first it worked well for one-card readings. Readings didn't relate directly to my questions, too many layers. A friend of mine adored the deck so I gave it to her.

Often if a deck doesn't work out is because I am trying to use too many reading decks in rotation and haven't given it enough attention find an approach that works. With these few that was not the case and they just didn't work for me.

dianekay

I bought the Crow's Magick as my second deck before I knew much about tarot. Striking images but just never worked for me. Then I moved to Thoth and stayed there.

arianrhod stardust

Robin Wood tarot, tarot art nouveau

linnie

Gaian... because the few cards that I personally see as really unattractive totally ruined what could have been a lovely deck for me... :-(

Crystal Ally, because I remembered them being cardboard, but they were plastic by the time I bought them, and I had a memory (misguided) of much more gentle graphics...

Osho, for reasons mentioned by others...

Doreen Virtue decks, because they tend to recycled versions of her very first deck, and it is all too warm fuzzy and sugary for me (apologies to DV fans...). I just can't read with that...

Unlike a real collector, I'm happy to forward decks that I can't relate to on to new homes :) The above left me a while ago, and happily were loved by their new owners :D

Madrigal

i dressed like that when i was young and i still dress like that now and i am in my sixties. there is one exception, i still love my skinny jeans and spiked heal boots. and yes i look ridiculous. but at least i can. and I still go galloping maddly over hills on my horses too. LOL but not with spiked hills or dresses.

:love: everything about this!

Robert Place's decks haven't done it for me. None of them. I've got two and have yet to resonate with them.