'Magic' crystal distributing hole.

ravenest

I went on a little trip to Cathedral Rocks, about 80k north of my place and inland. (Geologists tell me the highest point is about 300feet below the original surface, so all around must be severly eroded). Cathedral Rocks is, for me, a very wierd place. I always feel a bit strange and after a few hours develop a headache and have to leave.

The main features are large boulders, cliffs and outcrops with bands of white and smokey quartz running through them. At the begining of the track in are three large rounded stones (about 3 - 4 mts high) that look like alien heads (slanty eyes, nostrils with no nose, no mouth big, angular shaped face with large skull) ... freaky!

Anyway, we eventually got up to the top this time assisted by the pegs and chain cemented in place and just before the very top rock there is a small step, under this a little cave that was extremly attracting me.

I knew I had to put my hand in and told the others, I was aked why and said I dont know, perhaps there is a lump of gold in there or a red-bellied black snake ... I just have to do it.

Everyone thought it was a little scarey, not liking the idea of being stuck with me out in the bush with snake bite. I reached in and couldnt feel anything, so reached further, eventually I had to lie down and reach in up to my shoulder, I felt a little rock and pulled it out. When I turned it over it had a nice little smokey quartz crystal attached to it. I said thank you and decided to keep it.

Here is the really wierd thing; when I got home and told people they said; "Go and tell L... about it, he got one from there." I did and he got it pretty much the same way, although it is much larger than mine, and he told me E... got one there too. I went and talked to her and she had a similar story as well, except in her case she put her hand in palm up and the crystal dropped into her palm while her hand was in the hole!

floracove

ravenest, that is an absolutely wonderful experience, and inspiring as well.
What do you plan to do with such a special stone that calls out to in such a way, as to want to go home with you?

Chronata

oh wow!

That is just the coolest! :D

Enjoy your beautiful gift!

(I love smokey quartz...it's one of my favorites to just keep around because it always seems to even out my moods!)

Azarial

That is the coolest story I have ever heard. I'm sure that the rock means a lot to you.

-Pamela

Tarotwytch

How fantastic, to be able to get a crystal out of the earth rather than from a shop. So much more meaningful!

ravenest

floracove said:
ravenest, that is an absolutely wonderful experience, and inspiring as well.
What do you plan to do with such a special stone that calls out to in such a way, as to want to go home with you?

Okay I am going to use it to try and even out some of my moods :) Then perhaps the earth energies there wont have to drive away this moody person with headaches?

On reflection, this is what I think is happening, the hole is at the base of a seam in the rock of smokey quartz. I guess the two sides of the seam are imperceptivly shifting and grinding and this is what makes the crystals shear off and drop to the bottom of the hole. Still pretty strange that one should drop and fall into your hand; but then again E... is a very special gifted person.

I thought about going back and checking it again but I want to make sure I am not being motivated by greed, because if I am then I am sure the black snake will be waiting!

[I took some photos of the 'alien heads' at the begining of the trail and will try to post here soon]

DarkElectric

That is the coolest tale of crystal aquisition!

How nice that sounds, to just rummage about and find them like that without having to go on a dig, and root em out after much aggrievation and a sore back!

I could get Herkimer Diamonds, if I were to drive about 3 hours West, to Herkimer county New York. They aren't actual diamonds, they're multifaceted, extremely clear quartz crystals. Some of them are quite large. But it'd be quite a job extracting them. We have a mineral club in my town. They go on a group dig up there every year. And they find them! But it's a lot of work. Yours sounded so wonderfully easy! And I've never had a crystal drop right into my hand, like your magickal friend did. (I have had them drop right OUT of my hand, however. With predictable results.)

Smokey quartz, that's lovely!

I'd want to go back in a minute if it were me, But with my luck, I'd meet the snake. :joke:

ravenest

Here is the photo of the 'heads'. It was hard to fit them all in in one shot.

Attachments

• newmagic 1024x768.jpg
    newmagic 1024x768.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 129

issam5

That is absolutely the most wondrous story! Such a gift is magnificent! I like the picture of the heads too...very wise & watching they seem to be.

Chronata

The Alien heads are wonderful!

I can so see their little faces!
They look so peaceful!

What a great place!