'De-fuzzing' my stones...

wumpkie

A little story that happened today that I thought I would share with you.

Finished early from work today, got home and thought I would get all my tumbled crystals out on the living room floor, lay on the rug in the sunshine and look/appreciate my crystals.
It was great, peaceful and warm and then it comes into my view, it's pounding feet growing closer and closer Arggggh! it's my fat cat Rosie coming to see what I was up to, she looks at me and then promptly rolls all over my stones covering them in a layer of cat fuzz. And then bats with her paw and chases around the house a piece of green adventurine. (Luckly she didn't eat it.) She then came back and rolled all over them again. This quite unusual as she is getting quite old and is usually very unimpressed with the word 'exercise'.

Good news is I did get some good time in with my crystal :D

Btw this is an old photo of Rosie, not a good piccie as it was taken on a phone :D http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/72314135.jpg

tarot4fun

Hey Wumpkie~ what we do without our kitties? :D

Rosie donated some good energy to your crystals! :love:

Blessings~
Suz :heart:

Alta

And they donated some to her! Good for everyone, including your sense of humour. :)

Tarotphelia

I hear all the time about animals , especially cats , loving the energy of stones . Snuggling up to them , hanging around them , butting in on meditations with them too . Rosie must have really gotten something out of them ! Maybe you should let her avail herself of the crystal energies more often . She looks quite intent on the stone in the pic .

willowfox

Buy her a large crystal to play as she seems to like them.

wumpkie

Good old Rosie :D I tend so have crystals out alot so she can come and roll on them as she likes.
As for buying a crystal for her she's more than welcome to have my little piece of green aventurine, as I think I mentioned in a previous thread, that aventurine doesn't really do anything for me. Hopefully she won't eat it :bugeyed:
I would say put it on her collar but she doesn't have one as she is micro-chipped and doesn't really venture outside. I will just have to sense it from her :)

willowfox

Your cat sounds lovely and friendly, my two cats are so aloof and independent, they only check in when they are hungry. My really friendly cat who loved to be cuddled was hit by a car.

Jols84

Aww :) That sounds adorable ^_^ Does she have a cat-bed at all or a pillow she likes to lie on? Perhaps if she does you can find a way to sew it into or make a pouch of sorts to put the stone in.
I have a friend who's dog had been having some issues, and I got a couple stones for him which they zipped up into his doggy bed. That way he'd get the healing energies, but he wouldn't get to them to accidentally eat them. :)
Or maybe be creative and sew it into a cat toy, or make her a cat toy. Maybe get some cloth so that you can sew up a pouch of sorts, perhaps put some nice-smelling herbs like rosemary or lavender (if that is safe) and the stone. I'd probably stuff some cotton balls in there to make it 'puffy' and fun to bat around or to hold on to. Maybe sew on a little bell or something to make it 'entertaining'. Even if she doesn't play with it, she might like to snuggle with it or hold onto it. :3

wumpkie

willowfox said:
Your cat sounds lovely and friendly, my two cats are so aloof and independent, they only check in when they are hungry. My really friendly cat who loved to be cuddled was hit by a car.

I'm really sorry to hear that your cat was hit by a car. As for Rosie being loving and friendly... Yes she is but she can be very temperamental and mental :D She has been known to bite people especially ex boyfriends :bugeyed: and members of the family but never me. (She loves my other half so I know he's for me. Love me love my cat :D ) Wuldn't change her for the world.

Jols84 said:
Aww That sounds adorable ^_^ Does she have a cat-bed at all or a pillow she likes to lie on? Perhaps if she does you can find a way to sew it into or make a pouch of sorts to put the stone in.
I have a friend who's dog had been having some issues, and I got a couple stones for him which they zipped up into his doggy bed. That way he'd get the healing energies, but he wouldn't get to them to accidentally eat them.
Or maybe be creative and sew it into a cat toy, or make her a cat toy. Maybe get some cloth so that you can sew up a pouch of sorts, perhaps put some nice-smelling herbs like rosemary or lavender (if that is safe) and the stone. I'd probably stuff some cotton balls in there to make it 'puffy' and fun to bat around or to hold on to. Maybe sew on a little bell or something to make it 'entertaining'. Even if she doesn't play with it, she might like to snuggle with it or hold onto it. :3

Funny you should mention the last part. She has alway had the habit with toy mice of rolling over and picking it up with her front two paws and rubbing it around her face or what looked to be like hugging the toy.
So I lurve the idea of making a toy for her. However you know what cats are like she take one look at it almost sigh, look at me and meow 'I liked the crystal on it's own' and walk off in disgust.

But when I make one I will have put it up online...see you have found a niche market for crystals and animals :)

Jols84

Oh my kitty, Dainty sounds about just like her. She's a loveable and spunky tortie. I miss her bunches due to I had to leave her at 'grandmas' (my mum's house) because she didn't feel up for moving over 24 hours away (hubby in Navy). I'd give anything for her 5:30 a.m. wakeup calls, she liked to wake me before my alarm went off. A half-hour early that is :p

You could get toys galore for my kitty...anything, and she wouldn't even bat an eye. She loves to play with dog food, you'll find a mountian of dog food under the book case in the main entryway area :D The only other toy I got her to play with was one of those plastic balls you get quarter machine toys out of. I put dogfood in it, she loved those ^_^

Perhaps some kitties think the less effort put into a toy the better, and in that case a home-made, we'll call it a 'kitty gift', should be purrrrfectly fine. :D