How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

NeXoRiouS

hmmm...hi guys, i'm new.
sad to say, i was born on sep11...rather unlucky to be on the same day as the fall of the twin towers.
Well...what does it means when i get same cards for both my personality card and year card?

my birthdate is 11/9/1985

So i did calculations and i got 7 which is The Chariot
and i did calculations for my year card, and somehow i got 7 again, which is The Chariot.

What i'm puzzled is that, are there any special meaning if i get the same cards?

Moongold

Hi NeXorius,

Your calculations are correct 7,7,7. By the way, your Hidden Factor or Teacher card is major arcana 16: the Tower card.

So it would be great for you to do some thinking about what number 7, Chariot, means to you.

I'm also a double 7, by the way. Nice to meet you :laugh:

Some have seen my *soul purpose* with these cards as mastering destiny through change and I think that is pretty cool. The Chariot for me is about determination, focus and will and the Tower is about change

What do you think your soul's purpose might be, given this set of cards? With all of these cards happening together it seems that it might be a special time for you.

You might discover this through reflecting on the card and its possible meanings symbolically in your life. Is there a change you're undergoing, for examble? Is there a particular task you have to apply yourself to this year at school or ar home? Or it might be something as pragmatic as deciding to save up for a car :laugh:.

Good luck, and welcome to Aeclectic!

Moongold

NeXoRiouS

hmmm... how do i calculate the hidden factor/teacher card?
To think of any, i don't think the chariot is really for me... I am a very lazy person and to think of it. Though i'm not someone who will quit easily, but after countless efforts, i will tend to give up. How could this possibly be me? hmmm....and to think my teacher card is the tower....doesn't it sounds like the twin towers? What have i learned from it? cool...

Moongold

Greetings NeXorius,

I see you are a new member and am not sure how new you are to tarot after all.

If you are completely new to the tarot perhaps it would be good to spend some time getting familiar with some of the basics before worrying too much about personality and soul cards, hidden factor cards and so on.

There is a good introduction to the cards here:

http://www.aeclectic.net/basics/index.html

You can always come back to these concepts later.

Blessings

Moongold

NeXoRiouS

Hmm...i am rather new though i have a couple knowledge over some stuffs. Well, nothing much. :)
I have read from couple of websites including the basic meanings here, learntarot.com and also from the handbook of URW deck.
What i have found that the meanings differ not by a little but alot.
It is due to intuitions to read the cards or by memorising the meanings. Of course, one has to know the meanings before they even starting off allowing their imaginatoins to run wild. What's the most confusing is when i can't get the right meaning for a particular card, i will tend to doubt my readings. hope you would give me advice.

Moongold

Greetings,

You have touched on a really important question. There has been much discussion about this here.

The tarot is based on symbolism,archetypes and elements. Some of us study books and other things to lean the meanings of those and then integrate that knowledge into our psyches. We then read the cards using that knowledge and our intuition and the other things which come simply from lived experience.

Other people have very strong psychic gifts and can read straight away from their intuition.

The learning for all of us never stops.

You will find your own way. A good beginning is as you have done. Find out about the meaning of the cards by reflecting on them yourself, reading books and looking at other people's readings on these boards.

Also practice! Do some readings for yourself and post them in Your Readings for other people to comment.

Do a search of the Forums too and you will find the thoughts of many other people on this question.

Blessings,

Moongold

NeXoRiouS

ok, thanks for your advice. I will definitely try to buck up. Anyway, how do i calculate soul cards?

Moongold

Have a look at the beginning of this thread NeXorius.

Moongold

angelwhispers

Moongold said:

My personality Number is.........(the higher of the two numbers if 22 or less). The Major Arcana Card corresponding to this number is:.......................... (PERSONALITY CARD)

Moongold

So if you get the number 22 is that the Fool card?

Moongold

Re: Re: How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

angelwhispers said:
So if you get the number 22 is that the Fool card?

According to Greer in Tarot Constellations , yes!

Moongold