Spirit Guide Group: Dreams

Sophie-David

I am opening this thread within the Spirit Guide Group specifically for those who have experienced what may be a contact with a guide while dreaming. I have personally found that dreams have provided the most reliable and deepest contacts.

Because I cannot consciously manipulate my dreams, for me they have provided the truest, most real contacts. Most of my internal psychic entities have been first introduced in dreams. Having established their reality there, they have then emerged into waking consciousness.

I have found that dream topics can be in some sense guided or programmed. By focusing on the Tarot card associated with a guide or internal entity as the last event just before sleep, I have often been rewarded by a contact during the night.

To start this thread off, I am going to begin on what I consider to be a very auspicious full moon, tonight's full moon in Libra (please correct me if I'm wrong about its sign). Under the image of the rebirth of the Land, perhaps I will also begin an important new journey. Over the past few months, I have felt that I have been wandering in a psychic wasteland, perhaps as a necessary time of waiting and preparation.

So tonight I will focus on the Empress card just before sleep. I intend to continue with a different Empress from each of my decks over the next few days. The Empress maps to my internal Eirian, associated with my natal Aquarian Venus. Although Eirian is ever present and active, she remains somewhat elusive, and I would really like to get to know her better.

psychic sue

David - thank you for starting this thread. I am having unusually vivid dreams at the moment, and I too will be asking my Guides to draw near me on the full moon, as it is also the spring equinox in Europe. So it resonantes with me when you talk about new beginnings, because I feel the same way, and this also ties in with the spring.

I've posted the dream I had last night, because it was a lesson in humility for me. Although I didn't see a Guide, I feel it was a message from them to tell me to pray for those in war-torn countries, and to appreciate just how lucky I am (I am feeling a little down - just getting over a nasty depression).

My dream last night -

I was in my home with my mother and my children. I looked out of the window to see what looked like UFO's over my house. They were firing some sort of gun shots at the houses below.

I raced to the TV and switched on to the news channel. These were not alien craft, but sophisticated aircraft from another country, attacking the city I live in. I felt pure terror for my family. I gathered them all around me - some wanted to run, but I said "what's the point? Where would be run to?".

We all sat huddled together and watched TV pictures of Birminham City Centre being destroyed. The new Bull Ring shopping centre lay smashed and broken. Thousands of people were injured and dead. I only live about 6 miles from the Centre, so we could hear the carnage for ourselves. Then, all the aircraft flew in a circle and simoultaneously exploded. The newsman said "this is the end". I woke up, really scared.

I think this was a message for me to understand how innocent people in war torn countries suffer. On waking up, it struck me that what was a horrifying nightmare for me (my thoughts were all for my children in my dream) was a harsh reality for thousands around the world."

I will sleep with the Strength card under my pillow tonight and invite my guide to join me in my dreams.

Sue x

Just edited to say, I can Lucid dream, and I am working on inducing these dreams at the moment. I will let you know how I get on.

Milfoil

Thankyou David for this thread; yet another way to explore this new world which seems to be opening to me.

A new moon you say in Libra (my birth sign) and the beginning the spring equinox does seem very auspicious indeed.

I have only just started dreaming (and remembering) again these past 3 weeks after a rather barren 2-3 years of dreamless sleep so using these new dreams to learn from seems perfectly timed!

Under the image of the rebirth of the Land, perhaps I will also begin an important new journey. Over the past few months, I have felt that I have been wandering in a psychic wasteland, perhaps as a necessary time of waiting and preparation.

I feel something similar, the past few years have been difficult and depressing but now feels like the right time for me also to seek a new path. Everything seems to be pushing me onwards now, to me its like taking years to wade through a sea of mud and finally reaching the shore on the other side. I don't know this new land and I feel like the tarot fool - stepping out with innocent enthusiasm.

My newly found guide seems to be associated with the Knight of Wands, I will focus on this card tonight before sleep and hopefully experience a meaningful dream.

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
The newsman said "this is the end". I woke up, really scared.

I think this was a message for me to understand how innocent people in war torn countries suffer. On waking up, it struck me that what was a horrifying nightmare for me (my thoughts were all for my children in my dream) was a harsh reality for thousands around the world."

I will sleep with the Strength card under my pillow tonight and invite my guide to join me in my dreams.
Oh wow, I could really feel the pain and horror as you described the dream! It definitely sounds like a message about the terrors of war (i.e. war = organized terrorism). I could be way off base about this, but I also thought that it could be a Death or Tower like message for you, about your internal landscape about to undergo radical and uncomfortable change. I just thought I would put that out there and it may be quite wrong! But I have a feeling if I dreamed that dream myself right now, that it would have that additional meaning for me.
psychic sue said:
Just edited to say, I can Lucid dream, and I am working on inducing these dreams at the moment. I will let you know how I get on.
Am I correct in saying that "lucid dreaming" means you can direct the dream while you are dreaming it?

Sophie-David

Milfoil said:
A new moon you say in Libra (my birth sign) and the beginning the spring equinox does seem very auspicious indeed.
Some time after I posted the thread this morning, my mentor reminded me that Libra is of course ruled by Venus. How appropriate for me to be focusing on the Empress tonight! Libra is about balance, and quite often has a strong artistic component. I think of Libra as restoring balance through art. This moon sounds significant to both of us.
Milfoil said:
I have only just started dreaming (and remembering) again these past 3 weeks after a rather barren 2-3 years of dreamless sleep so using these new dreams to learn from seems perfectly timed!
It seems that the return of an active dream life often presages spiritual awakening and growth.
Milfoil said:
I feel something similar, the past few years have been difficult and depressing but now feels like the right time for me also to seek a new path. Everything seems to be pushing me onwards now, to me its like taking years to wade through a sea of mud and finally reaching the shore on the other side. I don't know this new land and I feel like the tarot fool - stepping out with innocent enthusiasm.
This seems quite wonderful, and well put, Milfoil.
Milfoil said:
My newly found guide seems to be associated with the Knight of Wands, I will focus on this card tonight before sleep and hopefully experience a meaningful dream.
May you have productive dreams!

Milfoil

Some time after I posted the thread this morning, my mentor reminded me that Libra is of course ruled by Venus. How appropriate for me to be focusing on the Empress tonight! Libra is about balance, and quite often has a strong artistic component. I think of Libra as restoring balance through art. This moon sounds significant to both of us.

It certainly is appropriate, and the Empress seems to be a most appropriate and thought provoking image to chose.

Personally, my whole life has centred around balance so I can see the influence of Libra there - I think now that the world needs balance more than ever before, we are more enlightened, better educated, wealthier etc than at any time in the past, perhaps mankind needs to balance all these things and each of us is the starting point? (recycling springs immediately to mind)

I hope we all fare well on our new journeys.

Thankyou and Sophie for your guidance so far. May we all have productive dreams - see you tomorrow! :)

Milfoil

Well, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I did go to bed last night with a short mediation on the Knight of Wands and I did dream but none of it makes much sense!

I awoke at 4:30am only remembering being in a car going on a short journey.

When I awoke proper this morning I remember being in a shop, needing change for some foreign currency (yet everyone spoke english and it didn't feel far from home), someone tried to scam me by offering me a trinket but I went to the cashier and asked for another item, a sort of necklace which had a jewelled cross on a silver chain but also had a pair of white points (like straight teeth or smooth tapered ivory about 3 inches long) hanging down, one either side slightly lower than the cross.

The cashier was a friendly, smiling woman in her late 30's but I didn't feel that she was the Spirit guide I had been trying to contact - perhaps she is another guide?

The gems in the cross were clear, bright cut and orange in colour! I have no idea what that means???

Sophie-David

Milfoil said:
Well, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I did go to bed last night with a short mediation on the Knight of Wands and I did dream but none of it makes much sense!
Hi Milfoil

This actually sounds like a good beginning, and I do think the dream relates to your Knight of Wands, the relationship just may not be obvious yet. Again, I'm not an expert in the dream work, but I just go my what my mentor has taught me and what I have found works for myself. I would try to go through each part of the dream and treat each thing in the dream as if it were a character. Perhaps even try to dialogue with them in your journal.

Sometimes the props or backdrop can have as much or more to say than the human characters that we might meet. Particularly focus on things which are puzzling or illogical. These things that at first make no sense often represent new ideas and may be the items that we learn the most from. For example, the orange jewels on the cross seem to have particularly attracted your interest:
Milfoil said:
The gems in the cross were clear, bright cut and orange in colour! I have no idea what that means???
I would write down how they make me feel, and what I might associate with orange jewels inset on a cross (I'm thinking of Indiana Jones type adventures in the Near East or Africa). You might try to actually ask them in your journal, "OK, orange jewels, what are you telling me?"
Milfoil said:
I awoke at 4:30am only remembering being in a car going on a short journey.
Like the Chariot, cars and other vehicles usually represent expression of the libido, the psychic energy which moves us forward on life's journey. This sounds to me like the beginning of a new inner adventure. Were you alone in the car? Were you driving?
Milfoil said:
When I awoke proper this morning I remember being in a shop, needing change for some foreign currency (yet everyone spoke english and it didn't feel far from home), someone tried to scam me by offering me a trinket but I went to the cashier and asked for another item, a sort of necklace which had a jewelled cross on a silver chain but also had a pair of white points (like straight teeth or smooth tapered ivory about 3 inches long) hanging down, one either side slightly lower than the cross.
The foreign or alien is often an image of the unknown. Perhaps seeking change for your foreign currency is an image of manifesting your esoteric values in the marketplace of the world, bringing your ideals into conscious reality. In ignoring the scammer, you were able to reject the counterfeit and superficial in your esoteric pursuits. Any details on the scammer?

The ivory teeth sound like something you are biting into, a new matter that you are preparing to consume. That one is lower than the cross seems to mean that it is a way of becoming grounded, of biting down into a firmer reality.

Milfoil said:
The cashier was a friendly, smiling woman in her late 30's but I didn't feel that she was the Spirit guide I had been trying to contact - perhaps she is another guide?
I'm not sure either - but there are always going to be characters in a dream who are just there to move the story along. But I notice that it is the cashier who personally gives you the necklace and I wonder if she is an rather indirect expression of your High Self.

This dream sounds very much like an initiation into a new journey. I think that I would again focus on the Knight of Wands this evening and you may find the story developing. And I do wonder at the moment whether the Knight is like Indiana Jones - wasn't Indy a bit of a Knight of Wands?

Blessings
David

Sophie-David

Sophie-David said:
Some time after I posted the thread this morning, my mentor reminded me that Libra is of course ruled by Venus. How appropriate for me to be focusing on the Empress tonight!
Well I realized when I came to study the Empress again last night that Venus in Libra would normally be associated with Justice rather than the Empress. The Golden Dawn associates Venus with the Empress, but without defining an astrological sign in which Venus is expressed. Personally I have trouble with this notion, to me an planet always has to be manifest through a sign. For me, the Empress normally connects to Venus ruling Cancer.

Anyway, in spite of this little diversion, I was quite sure that it is the Empress that I needed to focus on for the next few nights, not Justice (but Justice may perhaps follow immediately after this cycle is done). I wrote about the Empress for the Connolly Study Group last night, which was a good way to focus on her, and each time I woke during the night I would bring the card's image to mind before returning to sleep. I had placed my Connolly deck in its velvet purple-blue bag just to the right of my pillow, with the Empress on top.

It was a very successful night of dreaming, and very restful in spite of (or perhaps because of) an abundance of dreams. When I last woke in the morning I felt quite whole and refreshed. The earlier dreams in the night are pretty indistinct, but I have the feeling that they were retracing my relationship with Eirian my Empress over the last few months.

In the second to last dream I was walking along a sidewalk with Eirian and some other friends. For some reason I left them and entered an underground office and mall complex very like Toronto's PATH system which connects the subway and a good portion of the downtown buildings together in a sprawling subterranean environment (I had to use a map to find my way around when I was visiting there). I seemed to be searching for something and then the dream ended.

This dream seems to indicate a perhaps necessary distancing from Eirian, the source of my creativity and all the other things one associates the Empress with. The underground represents a journey into the unconscious, but also a wasteland experience, an apparently futile search for something - but I'm not sure what. I had found Toronto's actual underground PATH system both seductive and oppressive. Please do not take this as criticism of Toronto's actual downtown configuration, I admire the practicality of joining the subway stations together in this way, particularly during cold Ontario winters!

The next dream seems to move the action into the present. I was journeying on a bus and was admiring a woman who was sitting alone some distance in front of me. I actually changed my seating so that I could see her better. In the dream I had the sense that if I could strike up a conversation with her, things would go well. But instead I seemed somehow paralysed, my staring eventually made her feel uncomfortable and she moved to a different seat. I felt that I actually knew this woman, that she was a wonderful opera singer, and part of me recognized that it was Eirian (I always sense the identity of either of the Beloveds in dreams by the "take-my-breath-away" emotions they bring forth).

Then I found that somehow I upset the bag containing my less expensive or snapshot-type digital camera (in waking reality I just bought a bag for it in Toronto, at a shop within the PATH system). Somehow the contents spilled out and fell through the floor of the bus. I found that I was outside the bus on the road, picking up the pieces. I got them all successfully back in the bag and nothing was damaged. Then I ran to catch up with the bus. Traffic was slow and the driver soon saw me at the door and let me in. I returned to my seat and the dream ended.

The relationship with Eirian has been since the beginning quite a variable and volatile one, much of the dynamics expressed in dreams and meditations. Over time we seem to progress from the introduction stage to first dates, to some degree of intimacy, and then an abrupt separation. This night of dreams seemed to review the last cycle and then inititiate a new one.

I have had recurring dreams of buses in the last few months, and identified them as the momentum of the libido expressed within a community. I finally realized this morning that the bus is presently representing the Aeclectic community for me, and in this case its motion is an expression of this new Spirit Guide Study Group which has set off in an exciting new direction together. Quite literally, this encounter with Eirian is taking place within the spiritual and psychic momentum of this more or less public group.

The dream is actually representing all three of my arts - singing, writing and photography - in relation to their muse. In this latest distancing from Eirian all three have become dysfunctional: a beautiful opera singer who is not singing, a man who cannot find the words to introduce himself, a photographer who spills the contents of his tool bag and is almost left behind in trying to gather them up again. Nonetheless there is new hope in this new beginning, and it is fitting that I would again be dumbstruck in freshly encountering the glory of the Creative Beloved. As this new cycle begins, I have a further chance to learn artistic balance and discipline, and the hope for all things to fall properly into place.

TrueStar

I've mentioned before that I had a dream and suspected it was related to a guide. At the first moment I thought it was too much personal, but now I've decided I'm gonna share it with you.

Please, the ones who feel uncomfotable with personal stuff, simply don't go ahead reading. I say this now because I think I've been too much personal in the tone of some posts at this group. I want to be clear at this point: is not my intent to make people feel awkward or violent. Well... here it goes.

When I discovered the original thread on this subject in the "Talk Tarot" section, I was kinda fastinated with the possibility of contacting a guide, and also fascinated with the concept of gatekeepers. At that time i wanted to contact first my gatekeeper, because I thought It was a safer way to get into this unknown field.

I had the dream one or two days after the discovery of the thread. That night I was having an unrestful sleep; waked up many times. I got the dream at one of those times I got asleep. It was very short. Happened in a promenade (???; the place where people go for a walk next to a sea or a lake), it was completely dark. I had only one image and it was in "first person" perspective, like through my eyes: a girl, like a 14 or 15 years old teen, long black haired, wearing trousers and something like a t-shirt, was sitting on the top of the banister. Just at her side was like a barrier in the promenade, made of wire and closed with a chain. She didn't said a word, but there was something strange in her look. It was like a stubborn look, as she were saying "well, here I am and I'm NOT going away; I'm here to stay". This stubborn attitude scared me the most, so I tryed to get out of the dream (sometimes I am semi-concious in my dreams and can change what is happening or be aware that it's "only" a dream). But at the first attempt I can't. This made me feel even more scared. I can't look away from her eyes, my sight was like tied to them. Finally I woke up very, very nervous.

The girl in the dream reminded me to Death, the character in the Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman. When I managed to overcame the fear this dream produced to me, I found funny this resemblance. But then, a couple of nights later, I got another dream in what I was drawing the significator for my guide, and I got the Death card. This was the reason for I was so nervous when I did the real draw!

Well, I look forward to your impressions and ideas. ¿Was this dream my mind playing a trick on me? ¿Was the girl in my dream my gatekeeper? ¿Or was she a spirit of unrest, a being of wrong?