Crystals for sleep and a quiet mind?

Labhraín

What are some crystals for a restful and dreamless sleep? I am a light sleeper and my mind is always racing, I feel like I dream too much and sometimes have nightmares. I've researched lots of stones but I can't quite find the type of stone that would best suit my situation. Some stones say they are good for sleep, some say they are good for nightmares, some are good for dreaming (I don't want to increase dreaming, I actually have too much). I want a good, restful, restorative sleep with no dreams, just a quiet, clear mind. Do you have any suggestions?

Onion Budgie

Amethyst is the first stone that springs to mind here. :)

HeatherRose

I thought of amethyst too...maybe together with hematite for grounding??

Or have you considered using some lavendar oil on your pillow case in addition to any crystals to help?

Labhraín

I thought of amethyst too...maybe together with hematite for grounding??

Or have you considered using some lavendar oil on your pillow case in addition to any crystals to help?

I hadn't thought of lavender oil, but I do have an amethyst pendant and a hematite bracelet. I wonder if that would help.

Labhraín

I wonder if those suggestions would work for too much dreaming or are they just for quieting an overactive mind that won't shut off.

HeatherRose

The beginning of the page talks about insomnia and having an active mind at bedtime.
Worth a shot, right?

greatdane

Rose quartz and quartz crystal clusters

LOVE quartz. Blue lace agate is nice as well. There are many stones or crystals I think are useful for sleep, but each person is different so sometimes it takes a bit of experimentation.
I like listening to sleep cds, spritzing some calming oils around, like a lavender blend, stones and crystals and mudras are useful too. Good luck finding the right combo for you!