Saturn traveling through my first AND

Rabbit

it is retrograde in my birthchart in house six.
While my first Saturn return was mild, almost not noticable, this transit is killing me. I don't understand it. I have Leo in my first and Leo rising.

Also, what would it mean if Saturn is retograde in a birthchart? Is that bad?
Is it unlucky?
I will go cut and paste my chart on the sticky.
Thanks for any insight.

dadsnook2000

For Rabbit . . .

I like to wait awhile before answering these questions because I don't like to hog the list with my posts. Sometimes I see that once I offer an answer or an opinion that everyone else stops posting. This is unfortunate because it is only thru sharing our views and our experiences that we can all gain.

Rabbit, I also have Saturn Rx in my chart. When the Sun reaches a point approaching a trine, 120 degrees, from an outer planet we can expect to see that planet enter into retrograde motion. This means that the planets from Jupiter outward are in retrograde motion from 25% to 30% of the year on average. So that should tell you that retrograde motion is in itself not bad but is quite common. But what does it tell us, astrologically?

Retrograde motion may cause, based upon where it occurs, a planet to transit over a planet in your chart, then back over it, and then again transit over it as it moves into 8 or 9 months of direct motion thru the zodiac. This gives us a clue! The first transit can cause a seeming reaction -- Saturn over Mars might correspond with us having problems on a project wherein we have to stop or modify what we are doing. The retrograde motion might tie in with us having to rework or retrace what we were attempting to build or create. Finally, the 3rd contact in a couple of months time when Saturn resumes direct motion might correspond with us being more strategic and careful with how we apply our Mars energies.

Saturn teaches us, demands that we define our current approach to life and then modify it to better utilize our strengths. Saturn tries to get us to focus on what we are doing and how we do it. Sometimes a strategy is needed, other times we need to focus upon and see what we are doing, and other times we need to economize or scale back our efforts.

Saturn, having moved from your natal sixth house into the first house of your chart is taking its overall meaning (learn how to serve and work with others, when to adapt and/or adjust your skills) and helping to bring about personal challenges where you can demonstrate just how well you have learned that lesson to date. The first, "mild" Saturn Return may have been mild because you didn't get involved deeply enough in your own growth and the opportunities that were presented to you then. Saturn always brings us up short sooner or later unless we have rebalanced our lives at each milestone point. Saturn in Leo can point to tensions and back/spine problems, heart circulation issues, reputation and personal confrontations, challenges to your identity, even imposing a look of concern upon your normally happy face. It is very personal -- you may want to look at Saturn's effects the first time it transited Leo earlier in life and extrapolate experiences and difficulties then to this more-adult phase of your life. Dave

Rabbit

Dave,

What you says makes alot of sense to me. I am going to mull it over and come back tomorrow and post. I am glad you wrote.

Karen

Rabbit

dadsnook2000 said:
I like to wait awhile before answering these questions because I don't like to hog the list with my posts. Sometimes I see that once I offer an answer or an opinion that everyone else stops posting. This is unfortunate because it is only thru sharing our views and our experiences that we can all gain.
I appreciate you answering Dave. I think everyone here values your insight.

Rabbit, I also have Saturn Rx in my chart. When the Sun reaches a point approaching a trine, 120 degrees, from an outer planet we can expect to see that planet enter into retrograde motion. This means that the planets from Jupiter outward are in retrograde motion from 25% to 30% of the year on average. So that should tell you that retrograde motion is in itself not bad but is quite common. But what does it tell us, astrologically?
It is nice to know that I am not alone. :)

Retrograde motion may cause, based upon where it occurs, a planet to transit over a planet in your chart, then back over it, and then again transit over it as it moves into 8 or 9 months of direct motion thru the zodiac. This gives us a clue! The first transit can cause a seeming reaction -- Saturn over Mars might correspond with us having problems on a project wherein we have to stop or modify what we are doing. The retrograde motion might tie in with us having to rework or retrace what we were attempting to build or create. Finally, the 3rd contact in a couple of months time when Saturn resumes direct motion might correspond with us being more strategic and careful with how we apply our Mars energies.
Putting it this way, it makes sense. Wishfully thinking though, One kind of hopes it's done right the first time. So it is the planet or our non-mastery or ignorance of the transits that causes our impatience, as to where and when we make our mistakes.

Does this mean if we have a retrograde planet in our chart, that will be a transit that is more difficult for us than others?

Saturn teaches us, demands that we define our current approach to life and then modify it to better utilize our strengths. Saturn tries to get us to focus on what we are doing and how we do it. Sometimes a strategy is needed, other times we need to focus upon and see what we are doing, and other times we need to economize or scale back our efforts.

And knowing which to do when is the mastery part.(?)

Saturn, having moved from your natal sixth house into the first house of your chart is taking its overall meaning (learn how to serve and work with others, when to adapt and/or adjust your skills) and helping to bring about personal challenges where you can demonstrate just how well you have learned that lesson to date.

Apparently I did not learn it well. The older I get the more I prefer to work alone. Personal challenges...hmmm, I don't quite know what to say about this yet.

The first, "mild" Saturn Return may have been mild because you didn't get involved deeply enough in your own growth and the opportunities that were presented to you then.

That's right. When I was 29-30, I was be bopping around without a care in the world. Going out with friends, carrying on etc. Not caring too much about a spiritual path.

Saturn always brings us up short sooner or later unless we have rebalanced our lives at each milestone point. Saturn in Leo can point to tensions and back/spine problems, heart circulation issues, reputation and personal confrontations, challenges to your identity, even imposing a look of concern upon your normally happy face.

Ain't it the truth! I've thankfully got no health problems, could stand to lose 10 lbs. though couldn't we all...However my reputation in the neighborhood has been damaged by my bully neighbor, and I have had several confrontations. At home, because of the damage to my property by him. Personally, because, I find the more I grow into my spiritual beliefs and the more I become me, people have a hard time accepting the fact that I am changing. After 45 years, I am spiritually on the correct path. And yes, I usually have a pleasing look upon my countenance, however of late it has been on of worry. I am getting lines between my brows. lol.

It is very personal -- you may want to look at Saturn's effects the first time it transited Leo earlier in life and extrapolate experiences and difficulties then to this more-adult phase of your life. Dave

It is interesting how personal it is. I guess it is different for each person. That's what I find intriguing.