Sorry-very basic question re Libra

Gemini Rising

Haha! I loved reading this thread, mostly because I have three planets in Libra and can't make decisions for the life of me! Sun, Mercury, and (this one is horrible to deal with) Mars in Libra.

Today, I had to make a decision whether or not to stay at a party I was at or go to a rehearsal for a play that I was desperately needed at, and had to make that decision in about two seconds flat. Oh god, what a fiasco that turned into... my Libran morals were telling me to go to rehearsal, but the other half of my Libran side was telling me to stay at the party and actually have a social life. I was on the phone with my mom, literally saying "I think I'll go to rehearsal...no, stay here...but I'm needed there, but I'm having fun...oh, I don't know!" My mom, knowing me and my Libran ways, said "I'm getting so fed up with this indecisiveness, have fun at the party, I don't want you here anyway!"

Well, at least I didn't have to decide for myself. (Thank God, I would have agonized over it for hours...)

But even though I'm a typical Libran, I am first and foremost a guy...and thus I HATE SHOPPING! I don't care how metro Librans are supposed to be, I'm in and out of a store in five seconds flat. I'm probably the only Libran in the world with no sense of style.

However, I'm different than most Librans in this respect: I do NOT compromise. I'm right, you're wrong, we're doing it my way whether you like it or not, DEAL WITH IT! (Just go ahead and argue with me--you'd think I was a Taurus!)

One bit of advice though: NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS rush a Libra in the middle of making a decision, they'll only freeze up and take forever. Take it from one. Oh God, at times I've just wanted to ball up into a fetal position and cry...But otherwise, I think we're perfectly lovely, charming people. =D

celticnoodle

Gemini Rising, you DO sound like a Taurus! :laugh: But, you are so right---we are perfectly lovely, charming people! I'm married to a Taurus, so we balance each other out fairly well, I guess!

memries

My little girl was a Libra ! I am a Scorpion. I decided very early on that I would have to go to her as I was the Mother after all. She was truly a delightful child. She is grown up now and is an interesting grownup as well.

I used to tell her that we were going around a merry go round and back to the beginning. But we always, in the end sorted things out, to both our satisfaction but it took a lot of talk and time which was very enjoyable.

I would just say to you, truly enjoy your experiences with her. If she has to shop for hours, so what ? You will establish a link with your daughter and a bond that never dies. It is well worth the time and effort.

Libra's are very loving and kind and I could just not bear to squash the light within her to get my own way so we got it sorted out.

memries

Ravenest... what are you ? I mean in the Zodiac of course. Your love life seems to have been very interesting to say the least.

celticnoodle

gee memries, what a delightful post to read about you & your daughter. My own mother is a scorpio too. We've had our ups & downs, and alot of it had to do with our signs and our personalities, but now it's mostly a friendly mother/daughter relationship. i enjoyed reading what you posted about you & your daughter though, very sweet!

Gemini Rising

Interesting, my mom's a Scorpion too... but interestingly enough, we get along perfectly and have almost no personality conflicts. We're extremely close, and constantly finish each other's sentences and have an almost psychic connection. What's even more fascinating is the differences in our charts--the ONLY water I have is Pluto in Scorpio, and my mom is almost entirely water with almost no air. I actually think it's amazing how well I get along with all water signs while I have none in my chart.

Meanwhile, my dad's an Aquarius, and I hope he dies a long, agonizing and lonely death... I say, screw synastry.

celticnoodle

Gemini Rising said:
Interesting, my mom's a Scorpion too... but interestingly enough, we get along perfectly and have almost no personality conflicts. We're extremely close, and constantly finish each other's sentences and have an almost psychic connection. What's even more fascinating is the differences in our charts--the ONLY water I have is Pluto in Scorpio, and my mom is almost entirely water with almost no air. I actually think it's amazing how well I get along with all water signs while I have none in my chart.

Meanwhile, my dad's an Aquarius, and I hope he dies a long, agonizing and lonely death... I say, screw synastry.

my mother & I had many personality conflicts for years, but now are close. My daughter & I on the other hand do the same thing---finish each other sentences, and even will start to talk about something, just as the other was thinking of it! this happens to us all the time. we are very connected and have an extremely close relationship and always did. She's a cancer, has a lot of psychic abilities and she & I just connect to each other easily.