Initiation in the Æon of the Child

Always Wondering

I got my copy today and I am very happy with it so far. Though I am not as fast a reader as many. The first couple of chapters have filled in some holes of my learning.
I think you would like it Similia.
What I really like though is the different cards float through my head as I am reading. Though so far he has only mentioned The Aeon, I have seen many more between the lines. Makes it feel like the symbology has really taken root in me.
He's not at all difficult to read, very smooth and interesting.

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I think you would like it Similia.
What I really like though is the different cards float through my head as I am reading. Though so far he has only mentioned The Aeon, I have seen many more between the lines. Makes it feel like the symbology has really taken root in me.

I'm glad to hear your getting a lot out of it. And am annoyed I didn't order a copy for myself sooner :laugh: Its cool to see the cards popping up so often, I've noticed the same a lot since we started studying the BoL. I recognize details in the cards more easily, but also start to recognize the cards in Crowley's other writings, and magical and spiritual writing generally. It's coming together more and more for me.

Always Wondering

similia said:
I'm glad to hear your getting a lot out of it. And am annoyed I didn't order a copy for myself sooner :laugh:

It's hard for some of us, on a book budget, hua? I finally broke down and made an order then Aeon418 qoutes from another one I just have to have. My shopping cart is already filling up again.

But if you need any more convincing I came back to add Gunther writes two pages on Khu's and Khabs. With a diagram and everything for the denser stars, like me. :laugh:

I'm sorry, I'm no help. Why don't you buy another deck while you're at it. :laugh:

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
It's hard for some of us, on a book budget, hua? I finally broke down and made an order then Aeon418 qoutes from another one I just have to have. My shopping cart is already filling up again.

Yeah, Aeon recommended the Gunther book a little while ago and its been sitting on my wishlist since then. I've not been ordering anything since the exchange rate is so pitiful, but then a very kind fairy gifted me with an amazon splurge, so I got a hefty tarot book to take away on a long boring work trip that is coming up, and a special gift for my very deserving SO. I decided to put off the Gunther title.... damn common sense :mad: Though its not just a case of paying for all the books, its also expensive to keep buying new bookcases! :laugh:

It is fantastic to see multiple choices of titles coming out on topics Thelemic and magical. There's some great stuff being released it seems, and its reallly good to see this book appeals so broadly. Now we just need to the OTO to get out of the way of getting more of Crowley's stuff back into the stores.

AlwaysWondering said:
But if you need any more convincing I came back to add Gunther writes two pages on Khu's and Khabs. With a diagram and everything for the denser stars, like me. :laugh:

Ah, that would be interesting to read. I'm still getting my head around that myself. I'm especially interested in the Alchemy references, as the couple of books I've read on that topic left me a bit cold.

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I got my copy today and I am very happy with it so far. Though I am not as fast a reader as many. The first couple of chapters have filled in some holes of my learning.
I'm glad that you're enjoying it, AW. :)

Aeon418

similia said:
Now we just need to the OTO to get out of the way of getting more of Crowley's stuff back into the stores.
I think there are a few books nearing completion.

Someone in the Australian O.T.O. is currently working on the re-release of Crowley's, Magick Without Tears. This time complete and unedited.

There's an unedited 6 volume version of the Confessions on the way. Symonds and Grant gutted it last time.

And I also hear that a complete set of Crowley's magical diaries is due for publication. Now that really will stir the pot with some people. :laugh:

fyreflye

similia said:
Though its not just a case of paying for all the books, its also expensive to keep buying new bookcases! :laugh:

Try my solution: sell the books you don't want to keep on Amazon Marketplace. Some books you'll need for reference or just to reread, others will have done their duty and can be sold off. Hold your bookcase expenses down and earn money to buy more books when you sell an old one. Works for me.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
There's an unedited 6 volume version of the Confessions on the way. Symonds and Grant gutted it last time.

That was the edited version!?!?!? :eek:

fyreflye said:
Try my solution: sell the books you don't want to keep on Amazon Marketplace. Some books you'll need for reference or just to reread, others will have done their duty and can be sold off. Hold your bookcase expenses down and earn money to buy more books when you sell an old one. Works for me.

Say goodbye to books.... oh no :( Although there were a couple that were just shite..... :lightbulb :D

Aeon418

similia said:
That was the edited version!?!?!? :eek:
Edited. Abridged. Call it what you like. They didn't add anything, but Symonds and Grant certainly did chop bits out. They even cut the real ending leaving the whole work on a rather pessimistic note. Why? Who knows. But Symonds was not Crowley's biggest fan, and Grant was at one time positioning himself as Crowley's successor. Draw your own conclusions. ;)

If you've got a copy of MAGICK: Book 4 (The big blue brick.), compare Appendix IX with chapter 49 in the Confessions. You might be shocked at how much useful info was edited out. :(