0=2

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Many people accuse Crowley of being a sexual pervert. Unfortunately they are only exposing their own hang-ups and projecting them onto Crowley. He had a much different view of sex, a holy view.

I have had a taste of this, raising a daughter to sexual maturity in small town America. Everyone had their rocks of gossip to throw. I did wonder if they realized how transparent they were. I guess not or they would have kept quiet.

AW

Grigori

Thinking about this thread this afternoon and I remembered these quote's from the Tao Te Ching. "The Way" in the first quote is the same as the "Tao" in the second.

Lao Tzu said:
The way that can be spoken of
Is not the constant way;
The name that can be named
Is not the constant name.

The nameless was the beginning of heaven and earth;
The named was the mother of the myriad creatures.

Hence always rid yourself of desires in order to observes its secrets;
But always allow yourself to have desires in order to observe its manifestations.

These two are the same
But diverge in name as they issue forth.
Being the same they are called mysteries,
Mystery upon mystery -
The gateway of the manifold secrets.

Lao Tzu said:
The History of Tao
Tao produced the One.
The One produced the two.
The two produced the three.
And the three produced the ten thousand things.
The ten thousand things carry the Yin and embrace
The Yang and through the blending of the Qi they
Achieve harmony.

Always Wondering

Oh my gosh. This is exactally what I needed to hear. And I read more and it is all so comfirming for me.

Thanks much, Similia.:!:

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
2= (temporary) manifestation/experience, to express 0.
I would agree with that. You could phrase it a little differently though. To express 0 could be to experience the latent possibilities of 0. It's the same thing really.
0 = infinite potential, infinite possibilities.
2 = experience of possibilities, realisation of potential.
Always Wondering said:
So I am Earnest Holmes’s silly fish swimming the waters of life?
I'm not familiar with the allusion. Is that the Ernest Holmes of Science of Mind fame? If so I've never read any of his books?

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
I'm not familiar with the allusion. Is that the Ernest Holmes of Science of Mind fame? If so I've never read any of his books?

Yes,
This Thing Called Life.
E. Holmes said:
We can imagine a fish being told that he is surrounded by water but not quite realizing what this means. We can imagine such a fish swimming north, south, east, and west in search of water. If we think of this fish as a person, we can even imagine him looking up the books of fish lore, studying fish psychology and philosophy, always endeavoring to discover just where the Waters of Life are and how to approach them.

I read it quit a few years ago, but have always enjoyed this image.

AW

Always Wondering

Well, I knew I was being silly. Look at the = sign I've been dancing around. :|

It's starting to make sense now.

AW