Prince of Wands

AbstractConcept

Given Crowley's description in The Book Of Thoth, it would make me think long and hard about rekindling the relationship. It would have to be pretty well dignified. Try to find out if either of you have any Leo in your natal charts. One thing I've come to appreciate is just how intricately astrology is intertwined with tarot. without 'getting' basic astrology the thoth will baffle the pants off of you.

good luck

--

thinbuddha

I would say that since this card shows up as an outcome, it is more a commentary on how a relationship with this girl might change you, and cause you to exhibit more "Prince of Wands" in your personality. Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Could be either good or bad- depends on who you are and who you want to be.

The Great Magus

i guess it'll be a good thing that she teaches me a lil PoW...

and i have no idea what's on his chest, anybody can fill me in on what it is and what it symbolizes..

i just did another spread on her today because we are supposed to go on a date tomorrow on friday.

3card

2 of cups (R), 5 of wands (R), PoW

---------

it always troubles me when the same exact card shows up all the time.

Alta

Moderator note

I am going to post here, just so all can see.

If you want to post a reading and get comments, please post in Your Readings. Also, before posting there, please read the Forum rules posted right at the top. You are expected to give your own interpretation, and etc.

Discussions of individual cards, separate from readings, are quite welcome here as always.

Marion
Moderator, Thoth forum

ravenest

Another Hint

mooiedragon said:
Funny that this I pulled this as my daily card today.

Ravenest, you clever, mysterious bird.... what IS that thing on his chest. I'm sure as a reader of Thoth I should know, but.... well, I don't. I think I need another hint.

Look at the picture. (Aeon is right ... of course ) See how the Prince is virtually bursting forth from the card. He has (one of) The Mark(s) of the Beast on his chest. Who is the Beast? ... Who has Leo rising? Now read the character description in the Book of Thoth ... sound vaguley familiar ... Does it remind you of anybody in particular?

ravenest

The Great Magus said:
i guess it'll be a good thing that she teaches me a lil PoW...

and i have no idea what's on his chest, anybody can fill me in on what it is and what it symbolizes..

Dear 'Great Magus',

I tried to find my rant on it but couldn't (try going trhough the hits when you search '7 Heads of the Beast')

One take: The seven pointed star (I'll leave the 3 circles in the middle for you and your friend to work out towards the end of your date ;) ) represents the 7 heads of the Beast, one for each trad. planet and the related energy as manifested in your personality. (Certain Sufi's say that to understand something, explain it in 7 different ways). The head of; poet, satyr, man of valour, Adulterous woman, lion serpent, saint, angel.

If you can get all of that going over dinner, and after .... ;)

The ravenest

rachelcat

Wow, I like the take on the 7 points of Bablon's star! Here's my IDS:

Prince of Wands

Mostly Leo, fixed fire. Cute lion!
Air of Fire

All the flames are straight and everything is yellow and orange and the tiniest bit of green (the underside of the chariot). All the princes are naked. He has the sigil of To Mega Therion on his chest. Leo was Crowley’s rising sign. This also associates this Leo card with (the beast of) Lust as Leo. He holds a phoenix wand, very fiery! Flames are actually within, as well as ouside, the chariot. His crest is very stylized. It’s a winged lion’s head. The head is very small and the wings are very long (to show the airy part?). But they don’t seem to be attached to his head, because he also has 9 long spikes/rays coming from his helmet. Well, maybe the lion’s head is attached to the middle spike.

Air of fire is very masculine. Image of a teenage boy: impulsive, hot-headed, excitable, boastful and insecure, needy and independent, powerful in his own way, but not able to be consistent. Not grown into good judgment yet. Attractive and ambitious.

I Ching hexagram is 42, Increase, Wind over Thunder. (Opposite of Princess of Cups, 41, Decrease, and opposite of Knight of Swords, 32, Thunder over Wind!)

Increase means it’s a good time to start a great project. Like the Prince, it’s all systems go! Acting and living large are in season!